Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
My God Carmen Electra is still hot af... Loved that story about how Jordan had to go get Rodman from his bender in vegas and she was in the room hiding from him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Isiah Thomas is the biggest phony I have ever seen in sports.

He's a heck of a player, and won at HS, NCAA and NBA levels, but he is a cunt.

From the All Star Game 'freeze out' to walking off the court to not owning up to it. What a piece of shit.

In all my years watching sports, I have not disliked an athlete more.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isiah Thomas is the biggest phony I have ever seen in sports.

He's a heck of a player, and won at HS, NCAA and NBA levels, but he is a cunt.

From the All Star Game 'freeze out' to walking off the court to not owning up to it. What a piece of shit.

In all my years watching sports, I have not disliked an athlete more.
wasn't a big fan of the guy that much until I learned that he was probably the first NBA guy to embrace Magic after finding out that he had tested positive for HIV. I do feel bad for him a little tho as he is a Chicago kid who only wanted to be loved by his city. Even tho I don't mind Isiah, I still hate that Pistons team. Bunch of bitches.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like in a way, this documentary is also helping Lebron. I forgot how much help Jordan had back in the day. I don't think Lebron has ever had as much help on his team as MJ did. Even Lebron's Heat team wasn't as good as Jordan's 96 Bulls. However, after saying all that, from what I've seen, MJ would average 45 in today's NBA. I also have a new appreciation for Rodman

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I was watching this with my sons, and they were getting hyped watching the 80's style. I had to reiterate to them that Detroit sucks and fuck the Pistons.
No kidding. I wish they would have gotten into more of how the bulls could not get past the pistons for what seems like years. So many people did not remember how Rodman led those Pistons which was the hardest part in most of us accepting him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I feel like in a way, this documentary is also helping Lebron. I forgot how much help Jordan had back in the day. I don't think Lebron has ever had as much help on his team as MJ did. Even Lebron's Heat team wasn't as good as Jordan's 96 Bulls. However, after saying all that, from what I've seen, MJ would average 45 in today's NBA. I also have a new appreciation for Rodman

You mean Pippen, Grant or Oakley or Rodman, Luc Longley or Bill Cartwright or Bill Wennington, Kerr or Paxson,

How does this compare to LeBron only accepting to go to Miami if Bosh and Wade was there, so he could play with Battier, Ray Allen, Haslmem, Chalmers, Juwan Howard and Mike Miller?

Hopefully it will cause people to study some to see all Mike ever had were two other guys.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean Pippen, Grant or Oakley or Rodman, Luc Longley or Bill Cartwright or Bill Wennington, Kerr or Paxson,

How does this compare to LeBron only accepting to go to Miami if Bosh and Wade was there, so he could play with Battier, Ray Allen, Haslmem, Chalmers, Juwan Howard and Mike Miller?

Hopefully it will cause people to study some to see all Mike ever had were two other guys.
Pippen was considered a top 5 player in the NBA when he played. Scottie Pippen was a lockdown defender who could also get buckets. He was basically Kawhi Leonard. So you have two players on one team who are top 5 players. You have a guy who got like 20 rebounds/game and 2x DPOY, you got a legendary coach in Phil Jackson. Lebron never had a good coach or another top 5 player on his team. Wade was already on the decline. Maybe Kyrie on the Cavs? I don't think he was a top 5 player either. Kukoc at the time he came over to the NBA was the best player in Europe and could light it up(he did so against the dream team in the championship game). He just didn't play defense. I would take Jordan's teammates over Lebron's all day everyday and twice on Sunday. Having said that, I still think Jordan is the greatest of all time. With the rules today, he would be averaging close to 50/game

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Pippen was considered a top 5 player in the NBA when he played. Scottie Pippen was a lockdown defender who could also get buckets. He was basically Kawhi Leonard. So you have two players on one team who are top 5 players. You have a guy who got like 20 rebounds/game and 2x DPOY, you got a legendary coach in Phil Jackson. Lebron never had a good coach or another top 5 player on his team. Wade was already on the decline. Maybe Kyrie on the Cavs? I don't think he was a top 5 player either. Kukoc at the time he came over to the NBA was the best player in Europe and could light it up(he did so against the dream team in the championship game). He just didn't play defense. I would take Jordan's teammates over Lebron's all day everyday and twice on Sunday. Having said that, I still think Jordan is the greatest of all time. With the rules today, he would be averaging close to 50/game

Yes and no to the question is this helping Lebron.

The first 3-peat, MJ had Horace Grant as his 3rd option. While Scottie was obviously very good, Horace certainly wasn't a better option than the likes of Bosh or Love who were Lebron's 3rd options in Miami and Cleveland. Pippen in the second 3-peat would be comparable to Wade in the Lebron years. I would take Pippen slightly.

If I take the supporting cast of all the players Jordan and Lebron played with, here is how I would rank them based on how they good they were at the time -

1. Pippen (1st 3-peat)
2. Pippen (2nd 3-peat)
3. Wade
4. Kyrie
5. Rodman
6. Bosh
7. Love
8. Grant

Bunch the rest of them together -
1. Toni Kukoc - Ron Harper - Luc Longley
2. Ray Allen - Mario Chalmers - Shane Battier
3. John Paxson - B.J Armstrong - Bill Cartwright
4. J.R Smith - Tristan Thompson - Matthew Dellavedova

Personally, I think Jordan had less help in the first 3-peat than Lebron had throughout his career but Jordan had more help in the second and that team from 1996-1999 was simply just one of the best put together teams of all time.

Lebron has probably the greatest finals victory in history on his resume but also one of the biggest collapses by a star player in history. Jordan was consistently great every single Finals series he was in. Lebron also ran away from the struggles of beating Boston/Orlando to join another star while Jordan stayed put and willed his team past the Bad Boy Pistons.

Jordan in his prime > Lebron in his prime.

Lebron longevity > Jordan longevity.

It's a very good debate.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and no to the question is this helping Lebron.

The first 3-peat, MJ had Horace Grant as his 3rd option. While Scottie was obviously very good, Horace certainly wasn't a better option than the likes of Bosh or Love who were Lebron's 3rd options in Miami and Cleveland. Pippen in the second 3-peat would be comparable to Wade in the Lebron years. I would take Pippen slightly.

If I take the supporting cast of all the players Jordan and Lebron played with, here is how I would rank them based on how they good they were at the time -

1. Pippen (1st 3-peat)
2. Pippen (2nd 3-peat)
3. Wade
4. Kyrie
5. Rodman
6. Bosh
7. Love
8. Grant

Bunch the rest of them together -
1. Toni Kukoc - Ron Harper - Luc Longley
2. Ray Allen - Mario Chalmers - Shane Battier
3. John Paxson - B.J Armstrong - Bill Cartwright
4. J.R Smith - Tristan Thompson - Matthew Dellavedova

Personally, I think Jordan had less help in the first 3-peat than Lebron had throughout his career but Jordan had more help in the second and that team from 1996-1999 was simply just one of the best put together teams of all time.

Lebron has probably the greatest finals victory in history on his resume but also one of the biggest collapses by a star player in history. Jordan was consistently great every single Finals series he was in. Lebron also ran away from the struggles of beating Boston/Orlando to join another star while Jordan stayed put and willed his team past the Bad Boy Pistons.

Jordan in his prime > Lebron in his prime.

Lebron longevity > Jordan longevity.

It's a very good debate.
Yea, I can agree with this. The first 3 peat team had less help than the second 3 peat

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Wade was absolutely not on the decline on those LBJ and Bosh teams. Maybe in his final year when the Spurs won he was slipping a bit. But early on, dude was still one of the best players in the league. So was Bosh but Bosh doesn't stand out because he sacrificed to make the team better.

Kyrie is an absolute bitch. LBJ gets a shit ton of credit for winning in Cleveland but not so much for that shit he pulled in Miami.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else happen to catch Roy Williams saying MJ was timed in the 40 and ran a 4.38. Would have made a great Wr, too.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks