My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I gotta say that I haven’t really enjoyed the show much so far

Basically just watching an old guy and a young girl walking around the countryside. Kinda boring so far IMO
I just wish they wouldn't leave the best parts from the game out of the series. Feels like they're kinda cramming shit when it's unnecessary

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didn’t play the game but I love this show. I even got a little misty eyed at the gay love episode. The acting is incredible

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just wish they wouldn't leave the best parts from the game out of the series. Feels like they're kinda cramming shit when it's unnecessary
Yeah, they went from Kansas City to Wyoming and we saw none of that. I guess we are supposed to assume it was just all peachy keen?

Or are they just setting us up for never ending flashbacks?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, they went from Kansas City to Wyoming and we saw none of that. I guess we are supposed to assume it was just all peachy keen?

Or are they just setting us up for never ending flashbacks?
Infected don't exist, apparently

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Which parts are you referring to specifically? It’s been a long time since I played the game so I don’t remember the middle of the story much.

there was a bad guy who turns into a hybrid zombie thing or something after capturing Ellie. Not sure when that happens though

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Which parts are you referring to specifically? It’s been a long time since I played the game so I don’t remember the middle of the story much.

there was a bad guy who turns into a hybrid zombie thing or something after capturing Ellie. Not sure when that happens though
Aside from everything they skipped with Bill, there was quite a bit more that went on with Henry and Sam as well as in Colorado after leaving, IIRC. I know they can't do everything like the game, but they're foregoing practically every encounter.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Aside from everything they skipped with Bill, there was quite a bit more that went on with Henry and Sam as well as in Colorado after leaving, IIRC. I know they can't do everything like the game, but they're foregoing practically every encounter.
Well there’s obviously a balance between creating a lot of content and creating quality content on the show. It’s extremely well produced and it’s 9 hours of filming so I’m sure there is a real budget concern.

Personally, I’d rather they keep the quality of the exposed extremely high if it were to cost some content/story. You just can’t have it all.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well there’s obviously a balance between creating a lot of content and creating quality content on the show. It’s extremely well produced and it’s 9 hours of filming so I’m sure there is a real budget concern.

Personally, I’d rather they keep the quality of the exposed extremely high if it were to cost some content/story. You just can’t have it all.
No doubt, but it seems like they're skipping over too much imo. Especially the infected. I know there's got to be a balance, so that any encounter with clickers/runners doesn't become trivial, but it's be nice to see a few more of them.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
No doubt, but it seems like they're skipping over too much imo. Especially the infected. I know there's got to be a balance, so that any encounter with clickers/runners doesn't become trivial, but it's be nice to see a few more of them.
Agree. The first encounters were great but they should mix in more clicker encounters.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

well judging from the preview for episode 8 with the burning house situation, it looks like bad guy zombie is coming up

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
well judging from the preview for episode 8 with the burning house situation, it looks like bad guy zombie is coming up
I'm just ready for the cannibals

Next episode should be sick. Next two honestly. I liked this last one, although I wish they would've added a couple more infected and the whole chase, but I know they're trying to make an encounter a big deal.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That last episode was so boring I think I’d rather have watched the gay romance episode that had nothing to do with the show over it ?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
That last episode was so boring I think I’d rather have watched the gay romance episode that had nothing to do with the show over it ?

I thought we just watched another gay romance episode involving minors.. im sure some lgblt pedo enjoyed it..

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Getting a little dumb to me

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was too but I felt like it was poorly executed. I will need to give it a rewatch either way. I usually just watch the episode prior to the one dropping live on Sundays regardless

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Aside from them purposely avoiding infected, I've enjoyed it. I was hyped for this last episode tbh.
I enjoyed this past episode, felt a lot more dangerous than the others…which to me feels more “real.”