The Last of Us - HBO Max

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone watch the premiere? Looks like it's gonna be good. I'm a huge fan of the game and it seems like they are executing very well (so far).

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Truthfully, I wasn't the biggest fan of the game. I thought it was good but pretty overhyped by Naughty Dog fanboys. The show looks to be way more up my alley than the game ever was. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. I fully expect this series to be canceled after 1 season though because I have enjoyed it and Discovery keeps making stupid ass decisions with HBO MAX.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Truthfully, I wasn't the biggest fan of the game. I thought it was good but pretty overhyped by Naughty Dog fanboys. The show looks to be way more up my alley than the game ever was. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. I fully expect this series to be canceled after 1 season though because I have enjoyed it and Discovery keeps making stupid ass decisions with HBO MAX.

Cheap capital is drying up rapidly for this glut of movie/show production.

They'll do what all these Corporate America behemoths do... sort the spreadsheet by dollar values and cut.

If it has enough costs, it may well end up in the bin.

And Amazon may well retrieve it from said bin, but Amazon will finger it like a warm apple pie.

The pie you get from Amazon will be different.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will have to check this out after I finish White Lotus

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Am i just being a gatekeeping fucking nerd or why did

Ellie get bitten by an infected in the mall in the qz? I guess i hadn’t thought about it when i played the game or the dlc lol.

I actually started replaying last of us 1 but gave up when it got to the joel having to shoot clickers while upside down part ?

They did have joel drop the line that some of them live like 20 years but how/why without a host locked up in a fucking mall?

I’M SO UPSET

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
so what episode does ellie turn into ninja rambo.. first two episodes were okay.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So Ellie is eating a chicken sandwich thats been in her bag overnight. Then she proceeds to save most of it for later. Not only is she immune to the fungus, she is immune to salmonella, e coli and paper cuts.

Wasnt Tess better looking in the game?

Whats up with these clickers M8s. That overrated but decent games defunct AI must have been installed into this live action series too. Ellie breaking a hand bone, Stairs creaking and cracking and nothing. Yet that first one in the bad make up heard ellie scared breathing.

Also, I thought Tess took on an army of ppl and not the mushroom kingdom. Def needed a Kathleen Kennedy boom boom sacrifice moment. If you are gonna mod the game story, mod the fuck out of it.. Tess in a Halo reach moment, slaying a legion of toadstools before going boom boom would have been better than seeing mushrooms sexually assaulting her throat.

Mando def hasnt learned a thing. Take some AKs and gernades before Tess goes boom boom M8.

This alt universe version of Mando and baby Yoda needz a lil work. Thank god the disney didnt make it though.

I wonder if this will hurt da pizza topping market.. hold the shrooms M8

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This last episode was meh. Filler episode they did for a shot at a cheap Emmy imo.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
bottle episode a la breaking bad's 'the fly', which a lot of people loved, but I detested. Detested!
It's funny, because the fly episode was what I immediately thought of while watching this one. I kept waiting for the fallout in this one, and it never came.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's funny, because the fly episode was what I immediately thought of while watching this one. I kept waiting for the fallout in this one, and it never came.
totes. given that this season only has 9 episodes, I felt cheated. I don't need a back story for every fucking side character, or if I do, let me have them when

they're further fucking west lol. I also thought that frank having killed himself in the game was way more... 'poignant'

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
totes. given that this season only has 9 episodes, I felt cheated. I don't need a back story for every fucking side character, or if I do, let me have them when

they're further fucking west lol. I also thought that frank having killed himself in the game was way more... 'poignant'
They went deeper into Bill's character than Tess's so far lmao.

It's funny because I said the exact same thing about having an entire episode devoted to side characters, one you never even meet, but I just get labelled a homophobe

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They went deeper into Bill's character than Tess's so far lmao.

It's funny because I said the exact same thing about having an entire episode devoted to side characters, one you never even meet, but I just get labelled a homophobe
Haha i expected the backlash about your spoiler to be higher temp than i’ve seen so far but haven’t looked that much. My opinion about it is like ‘fine, whatever’ but they could have addressed it already just by having

Lgbtq zombies