Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Haha i expected the backlash about your spoiler to be higher temp than i’ve seen so far but haven’t looked that much. My opinion about it is like ‘fine, whatever’ but they could have addressed it already just by having

Lgbtq zombies
I've been dying at the people calling it the best episode in the history of television. It's not even the best episode of the series.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It’s the new winning formula
I saw someone online criticize it and get lambasted for not understanding subtlety, nuance, and the art of storytelling. Subtlety. And nuance. Of the last episode. I wasn't a huge fan of the deviation at the end of episode 2, but it worked alright. This episode has me wondering if this is about to go off the rails.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I saw someone online criticize it and get lambasted for not understanding subtlety, nuance, and the art of storytelling. Subtlety. And nuance. Of the last episode. I wasn't a huge fan of the deviation at the end of episode 2, but it worked alright. This episode has me wondering if this is about to go off the rails.
not much out there worth watching that is new. Those first two episodes were great. I hope it doesn’t go off the rail

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
not much out there worth watching that is new. Those first two episodes were great. I hope it doesn’t go off the rail
I hope not either, but I don't like how we already have a filler three episodes into the series.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
What in the brokeback pepper is this shit. A few of you jesus types may be disturbed by this episode. titled: A day in the life of Ron and Jordan Peterson.

Game cannon def no longer exists I guess..

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I hope not either, but I don't like how we already have a filler three episodes into the series.
I mean, think of the story. How many episodes can there be crawling through abandoned buildings filled with zombies, That gets repetitive pretty quick.

While I was a bit surprised by the latest episode, it does offer a different take to the cookie cutter zombie world narrative. Show the lives of people living in the zombie world. Tell their stories.

Sometimes I think it's so silly that people think movies and shows HAVE to stick to the source material. Why? Nobody is re-writing the video game that you played 8 years ago nerd.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I mean, think of he story. How many episodes can there be crawling through abandoned buildings filled with zombies, That gets repetitive pretty quick.

While I was a bit surprised by the latest episode, it does offer a different take to the cookie cutter zombie world narrative. Show the lives of people living in the zombie world. Tell their stories.

Sometimes I think it's so silly that people think movies and shows HAVE to stick to the source material. Why? Nobody is re-writing the video game that you played 8 years ago nerd.
Meh, it doesn't have to be exact. It shouldn't be that far off track either. There's a reason people originally began tuning in, and it's because they want to see one of the best video game stories of all-time in live action.

The last episode certainly was a cookie cutter love story that somehow had zero conflict for 20 years, 10 miles away from a major city, with little interaction to the main characters or storyline. Boring as hell, and it's pretty bad storytelling to bring the story to a screeching halt just as your beginning to ramp it up. If they can't tell the story in nine episodes without having to veer this far off track, maybe they shouldn't have nine episodes ?

The episode itself was whatever, but Bill shouldn't have died

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Meh, it doesn't have to be exact. It shouldn't be that far off track either. There's a reason people originally began tuning in, and it's because they want to see one of the best video game stories of all-time in live action.

The last episode certainly was a cookie cutter love story that somehow had zero conflict for 20 years, 10 miles away from a major city, with little interaction to the main characters or storyline. Boring as hell, and it's pretty bad storytelling to bring the story to a screeching halt just as your beginning to ramp it up. If they can't tell the story in nine episodes without having to veer this far off track, maybe they shouldn't have nine episodes ?

I agree with some of that. I thought the weirdest part was that it had almost nothing to do with the main story line. Dedicating 75 min to a side story is okay as long as it intertwines or offers some major content to the main story. This episode seemed to not do that lol. They just stopped there and got guns, which they could have done in many story driven ways.

Aside from that, I still thought it was a well produced and executed tv episode.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree with some of that. I thought the weirdest part was that it had almost nothing to do with the main story line. Dedicating 75 min to a side story is okay as long as it intertwines or offers some major content to the main story. This episode seemed to not do that lol. They just stopped there and got guns, which they could have done in many story driven ways.

Aside from that, I still thought it was a well produced and executed tv episode.
It was also for the truck. I love how they tried to shoehorn the letter in there to make it all fit.

I thought the acting was superb, but I was honestly falling asleep watching this one. I certainly don't think it was the greatest episode in the history of television like it's being hailed as.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not asking for more action; I am wondering how they are going to get from boston to ... the west... in 9 episodes with non-Joel-&-Ellie episodes like this. Consider me butthurt by game of thrones even after it outpaced the books.

I also couldn't give two fucks if they diverge from the source material because we're not watching 'LetsPlay', but the point stands, especially because I want a season 2 (which I heard just got greenlit)

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dis some movie about a video game yall?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not asking for more action; I am wondering how they are going to get from boston to ... the west... in 9 episodes with non-Joel-&-Ellie episodes like this. Consider me butthurt by game of thrones even after it outpaced the books.

I also couldn't give two fucks if they diverge from the source material because we're not watching 'LetsPlay', but the point stands, especially because I want a season 2 (which I heard just got greenlit)
We're about to get some serious time skips, unless they're planning on stretching this out over two seasons

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Conflict... def had conflict.

Conflicting logic..

So frank is gonna fall in a big ass dirt hole in the daylight. i mean its dirt frank.. dig out some holes in the walls to grab on to and climb out?

you know the fence was small.. too many ways over it.. drop one of those many trees surrounding the property on it?? also hey ppl its an electric fence.. lets throw myself on it. no traps on the road to the gate.. lets not walk there??? anywho two ppl couldnt defend that fence line..

also does bill have a forklift to stack those cars up?

hey my name is bill, imma stand in the road in front of the fence and shoot ppl.. fuck taking cover.

but best episode in television history, right..

im just glad joel knew how to build a battery.. you know he couldnt youtube how.. if they are going to deviate from cannon, why not just chill at bills forever. fuck going west.. preppers paradise..

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I decided to give this show a shot based on Pedro pascal- kicked ass in mandalorian so why not.

I know nothing of the game.

I have liked the flashbacks for the backstory. The one at the beginning of episode 3 was quick and did a great job framing how it played out and got so brutal so quick.

The video game aspect of the challenging path through the city had me laughing my ass off.
The inexplicable fact that the single way out of the city is through a museum and up.

I was half expecting them to encounter a single waist high bar across the road and say "this way is blocked, we have to go through the old coal mine to get around".

Episode 3 was well done and an interesting story.

My initial reaction is the same as most here, it is a little early for a filler episode....
But maybe it isnt a filler episode?
Maybe that will be the way they tell the tale, frequent episodes dedicated to NPCs that are triggered by the main characters passing through.
After all, how long can you tell the story of a video game with a straightforward quest?

I enjoyed that bite sized single episode sample of the world presented on the 6 episode run of tales of the walking dead.
It was kind of refreshing to have stories with a beginning and end that showed the variety of individual world people built.

Perhaps that will be common in this show.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I'm curious as to where this season will end in terms of the storyline (I have not read anything about that, it could be already out there idk). Will it end coinciding with the end of the first game? Or will they drag that out over multiple seasons?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah good question idk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My initial reaction is the same as most here, it is a little early for a filler episode....
But maybe it isnt a filler episode?
Maybe that will be the way they tell the tale, frequent episodes dedicated to NPCs that are triggered by the main characters passing through.
After all, how long can you tell the story of a video game with a straightforward quest?
I really hope not, that would be boring as fuck. And this last episode makes me hate episode 3 even more because now an additional episode has to be used in developing Joel and Ellie. And it was only 45 minutes when they supposedly had to cut that last boring piece of cinematic shit from 2 hours.

Next week's episode should be a real doozy tho.

@tardigrade at least it was only a couple day time jump

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Heh yeah true. They made pretty good time to pittssb— er kansas city