The latest from Brad "Please don't fire Nagy, he's my meal ticket to easy stories" Biggs: convincing everyone Jackson is a good tackler

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the thing - and this is something a number of years ago I heard Dan Bernstein mention on the radio when just talking about the sports reporting business, specifically beat reporters (Dan was a former Bulls beat reporter).

Sports reporters get their stories by making relationships with the people who are a part of the sports teams. And it really is very much quid pro quo. Yes, they may give you something juicy once in a while, but you also might be expected here and there to carry water for the team if there is something they want out there. There's a gross give and take with it.

(That's the end of what Bernstein confirmed).

Now, if we were to look at it from a journalism perspective, a real journalist or reporter isn't supposed to get cozy with the subject they are reporting on - it affects bias.

However, if you just have people who look at this as just a job, and don't give a shit about journalistic ethics, then of course they will take the path of least resistance and look for whatever allows them to get their work done quicker and easier, and take every shortcut they can to do so.

So when you see these reporters taking very odd positions, its often because either they were asked to, or they are trying to protect their gravy train of easy stories, or in the case of say, an incoming coach or administration that makes it hard for them to get easy stories (think Ryan Pace locking down Halas Hall - it caused a ton of outrage from beat guys, but its also the reason Pace can make surprise aggressive moves in the draft), they will often try to use their position to put heat on that individual to get them fired, and hope the next guy makes their lives easier with getting "access".

A great many of these beat guys don't actually care whether the Bears win or lose; they just want easy stories.

And if you still don't believe it, ask yourself this:

Remember prior to Ryan Pace, how there would be, going back to Mark Hatley, guys on the draft board you knew were going to be good, and it looked like they might fall to the Bears, and yet time after time, some other team would jump RIGHT IN FRONT of the Bears in order to take that player before the Bears could? It happened a lot; I'm sure most people can think of at least one or two instances.

How do you think that kept happening to the Bears?

Look no further than the beat reporters, who leading up to the draft would be reporting on EXACTLY what the Bears were looking into and interested in. You think those reporters cared that they hurt the draft by putting that info out? NOPE.

The whole beat is gross, and there are only a handful of guys I think do a good job, Potash and Jahns among them.
A bit too cloak and dagger. Of course reporters have relationships and it can be a fine line but this didn't need to be written at all so he either believes this or is doing this for clicks. He's been wrong too much this year so if he does have an inside source, it aint a great one.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A bit too cloak and dagger. Of course reporters have relationships and it can be a fine line but this didn't need to be written at all so he either believes this or is doing this for clicks. He's been wrong too much this year so if he does have an inside source, it aint a great one.

Call it what you want, but like I said - at least the first part was absolutely confirmed by someone who has worked in the sports beat, and is still plugged into that.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing - and this is something a number of years ago I heard Dan Bernstein mention on the radio when just talking about the sports reporting business, specifically beat reporters (Dan was a former Bulls beat reporter).

Sports reporters get their stories by making relationships with the people who are a part of the sports teams. And it really is very much quid pro quo. Yes, they may give you something juicy once in a while, but you also might be expected here and there to carry water for the team if there is something they want out there. There's a gross give and take with it.

Now, if we were to look at it from a journalism perspective, a real journalist or reporter isn't supposed to get cozy with the subject they are reporting on - it affects bias.

However, if you just have people who look at this as just a job, and don't give a shit about journalistic ethics, then of course they will take the path of least resistance and look for whatever allows them to get their work done quicker and easier, and take every shortcut they can to do so.

So when you see these reporters taking very odd positions, its often because either they were asked to, or they are trying to protect their gravy train of easy stories, or in the case of say, an incoming coach or administration that makes it hard for them to get easy stories (think Ryan Pace locking down Halas Hall - it caused a ton of outrage from beat guys, but its also the reason Pace can make surprise aggressive moves in the draft), they will often try to use their position to put heat on that individual to get them fired, and hope the next guy makes their lives easier with getting "access".

A great many of these beat guys don't actually care whether the Bears win or lose; they just want easy stories.

Remember prior to Ryan Pace, how there would be, going back to Mark Hatley, guys on the draft board you knew were going to be good, and it looked like they might fall to the Bears, and yet time after time, some other team would jump RIGHT IN FRONT of the Bears in order to take that player before the Bears could? It happened a lot; I'm sure most people can think of at least one or two instances.

Look no further than the beat reporters, who leading up to the draft would be reporting on EXACTLY what the Bears were looking into and interested in. You think those reporters cared that they hurt the draft by putting that info out? NOPE.

The whole beat is gross, and there are only a handful of guys I think do a good job, Potash and Jahns among them.

did @anyone actually read this long af boring ass post

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know what NEVER needs to be said? Your dumbfuck political takes to show how much of a fucking moron you are.

Imagine being that much of an idiot.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's another headline from a day ago:

Imagine paying a safety $9 mil this year for Jackson's level of production.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The bold is as far as i got.

You expect us to believe you on something Bernstein said years ago when you often cant even correctly quote something people say on the radio on the same day you quote them?

Tryharder9000

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deep down, I don't think even he believes it.

Those beat reporters who are story sycophants that leech off of coaching staff leaks are going to carry water for said staff until they start hearing definitively that Nagy is OUT.

Once they hear that, they will turn on Nagy in a new york minute, because none of this was genuine.

here we go...

think you need to touch grass breh

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

you source a journalist for your claim that journalists are liars and manipulators

lets be real, you have constructed a belief system and now accept or reject all information based on whether it confirms your preexisting beliefs

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I didn't read the whole novella, but access journalism is pretty well known.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
WAIT

You think it's really Vash?

I mean, would make sense. Similar shit conclusions, similar "reading between the lines" (making shit up) approach. hmmm
Yes he admitted he is Vash. He comes back under a new alt and with a new attitude and hairdo like patti labelle, but within weeks he starts multiple thread with conspiracy theories such as nagy is a bad coach, and attacks others either about disagreeing with his dumb takes or his politics, until he leaves for 6 months and comes back under another alt just letting us know he is enlightened

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes he admitted he is Vash. He comes back under a new alt and with a new attitude and hairdo like patti labelle, but within weeks he starts multiple thread with conspiracy theories such as nagy is a bad coach, and attacks others either about disagreeing with his dumb takes or his politics, until he leaves for 6 months and comes back under another alt just letting us know he is enlightened

Last time he had to change to a new alt because he went all-in on QAnon lol