The McCaskey's are now the McCaskey's

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
They are no longer the McStupids, thanks to George McCaskey and what I now believe is his desire to make the Bears a real NFL team.

The HC hire will be on the GM, not Teddy and his search team, thanks to George and his belief that a football guy needs to finally run this team. The new HC will not be a guy that is the last resort, as Lovie was for Angelo, as Emery has already said who is first choice is and he is going after him as of NOW!!

I also see Teddy being put in his place as what he is, the finance guy. However, Teddy is going to make one more splash for this team, I have a hunch George McCaskey wants a new stadium as the lease is getting close to over.

George McCaskey = Chicago Bears in the new world of NFL football.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I bet an OT wiill be picked in FA, as well as the draft. That alone will make this team that much better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
George is really showing me something.

We may have a real owner gentlemen.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought I would have to wait for Virginia to die in order to get a real football guy in charge of the Bears. It seems to have happened sooner since a McCaskey actually cares about something other than money.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
According to Waddle and Silvy, George is the biggest Bear fan within the family, so FUCK YEAH!!

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
George is really showing me something.

We may have a real owner gentlemen.

I agree.

I have never been one of the people that said the the McCaskey's were cheap, I just felt that they were stupid in how they spent their money because they had non-football people making the calls. As you can see from firing Lovie, they are not cheap. For once I actulally have some real hope for the future of this team.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen
Players were blown away by Lovie Smith's final address to the team this morning, as he thanked them.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
9s Jerry Azumah ‏@JerryAzumah
Lovie isn't 1 to show lots of emotion but behind closed doors he had the fire, passion & intensity and wasn't afraid to show it. #AskJerry
Expand

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Another point about George is, I think he understands the value of teams that have thier own stadiums. The gate receipts, the concessions, parking, etc, revenue from home playoff games, more seating for a large fan base. Don't be surprised to see this guy go for a new stadium.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
George has balls. He took Michael and Virginia's love twins (Jerry and Lovie) and threw them to the curb. Next up is Hester, Urlacher, Kellen Davis and the rest of the worthless bums.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
George has balls. He took Michael and Virginia's love twins (Jerry and Lovie) and threw them to the curb. Next up is Hester, Urlacher, Kellen Davis and the rest of the worthless bums.

He better not be in charge of doing that... seeing how he hired a football guy to take care of the roster.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Well, Supposedly George was the one who wanted Lovie fired back in 2009 when Mike and Virginia were in charge. Hub Arkush said also George from his time working the ticket office and dealing with season ticketholder complaints and issues is probably the McCaskey who has the biggest pulse on what the fans want.

We might have a Rocky Wirtz situation here :)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where the fuck have you been the last 8 years? They have been shelling out cash big time for a while now. The cheap thing is now a complete and total myth. Welcome to reality I guess?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Supposedly George was the one who wanted Lovie fired back in 2009 when Mike and Virginia were in charge. Hub Arkush said also George from his time working the ticket office and dealing with season ticketholder complaints and issues is probably the McCaskey who has the biggest pulse on what the fans want.

We might have a Rocky Wirtz situation here :)

Thanks for the clarification from the score.... lmfao...

pboer323

Liked Posts:
Maybe we will have the McDome... A combination McCormick and McCaskey multi-use dome ala the one in Arizona.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Where the fuck have you been the last 8 years? They have been shelling out cash big time for a while now. The cheap thing is now a complete and total myth. Welcome to reality I guess?

I think most knowlegable fans understand that this team is not cheap. I think the perception comes from the dumb ways that they have spent that money. You shell out so much on the wrong players, and then when a real stud shows up you either can not go for him becasue it puts you over the cap, or if you do go for him then that leaves little to work with to improve other areas of the team, so then you end up with 2nd/3rd tier players to fill 1st team roster spots.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
9s Jerry Azumah ‏@JerryAzumah
Lovie isn't 1 to show lots of emotion but behind closed doors he had the fire, passion & intensity and wasn't afraid to show it. #AskJerry
Expand

But did he have the HUNGER?