The Middle has been exposed. Sign "Snacks."

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Without watching tape or taking a closer look at the play of the D-Line, they seemed very porous in the run game. Maybe some it had to do with the play at ILB, noticeably Trevathan. Either way, I'm definitely concerned. We have been stout in the our run defense the last few years and it looked to have taken a huge step down yesterday. Hopefully it doesn't carry over, but I'm all for bringing in reinforcements.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Danny Trevathon. Jogging around all game like its Fn practice! Got payed. I guess he is packing it in now?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Nichols is best suited when he can use his first step and hands to beat the OL in front of him and immediately penetrate into the backfield. As a NT in the Bears scheme he is asked to either stack and shed the C or hold stout against a double team - neither of those play into his strengths. He’s a great NT on passing downs, but not the guy you first look to for run stopping as a 2 gap NT. Not sure if Snacks is the answer, but Nichols is talented but being misused as NT in this scheme. Maybe that changes when Quinn returns and the team plays more 4-2 nickel.

With that said - ILBs were as much a part of getting bashed by the run as the DL.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Wasn’t too impressed with paganos calls either. In fairness to DT, pagano left him out to dry a couple of times. Also didn’t like how vanilla he played it at the end of the game, which should have resulted in a loss.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
His run D was his strong suit. I'd just wonder how much snacks Snacks has been snacking on and how long it would take to get him in football shape.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why people thought Nichols would step in well for Goldman. Goldman eats up double teams and is stout against the run. Nichols does none of that. Nichols was fairly ineffective in run defense at end, it will be more glaring inside when his job is to eat blocks to allow lbers to be unblocked. Him being unable to beat one blocker on run downs is going to make the lbers job harder. There's no reason the bears haven't signed someone like snacks yet to fill the void

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We have John Jenkins. Anyone know how much Jenkins played yesterday???

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We'll see what adjustments are made vs Giants. It wasn't like the 2018 Bears didn't get steamrolled vs the run...

Old man Frank Gore averaged over 6 yards per rush with the dolphins when they upset the Bears.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I think it’s safe to say the Roquan is an average ILBer.
After that issue he had last year...he's never been the same. The guys was as sure of a thing as you can get in a draft except when it comes to our beloved Bears.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
After that issue he had last year...he's never been the same. The guys was as sure of a thing as you can get in a draft except when it comes to our beloved Bears.
Metrics are something but makes you wonder in the Bears' brass evaluates the psychological profile when drafting.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I get bashed every time I speak about roquan. He’s just average and a bust for where he was picked!