the Mighty Joe Young Book on Fields early on [No Therapy Talk Allowed]

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Of course you can't really blame him too much for being proven wrong, he literally said he doesn't even watch College ball unless it was at a sports bar he took his "family" out to that one time. But before he deletes all of these.. (courtesy of @Bearly)

Well I could..

And you can go back and look at my old threads and verify that.

Fields is overrated and is going to be a bust.

But then again I feel that way about most of the quarterbacks.

Trevor Lawrence I think will just be okay.

Zach Wilson has the best "chance" to be something very good, although I'm not entirely sold on him either.

Seen a lot of love for fields in quite frankly I don't get it.

From a scouting report on him:

I'm sorry but didn't we just leave that shit show?

The scouting report makes him sound like Mitch Trubisky the sequel.

Most athletic strong-armed QBs fail in the NFL.

I'm not against having an athletic, strong-armed quarterback but that alone as traits is probably why most quarterbacks fail and most teams get it wrong.

START with a quarterback who reacts well under pressure and sees the whole field, as well as can diagnose a blitz and beat it regularly.

Then, any athletic gifts they have after that is a bonus.

Thank you got something out of the norm that's going to happen for the Bears?

Go ahead and call it right here.

My outlandish "called it!"?

Atlanta drafts Justin Fields at number four.

Then despite the cap issues, trades Matt Ryan to the Chicago Bears for the number 20th overall pick and the Bears' 2021 first rounder, as well as either Nick Foles or Andy Dalton. Bears then post draft start making moves to make the cap work.

So going to be very honest here.

I don't know how to feel about this pick.

The scouting reports that I saw had him as a developmental project with a lot of physical talent.

However, for those who have followed my brief stint here and my discussions on quarterback, you would know that the number one thing I value in a quarterback isn't physical talent but the ability to read a defense, come off your first receiver, and beat the blitz. These are all things that the scouting reports I read said he struggled with.

Now I don't follow college football because it just isn't as enjoyable as the pro game to me. So I haven't watched a single minute of this kid play. I'm trusting the scouting reports because I have nothing else personally to tell me whether they are right or wrong. But I have seen many many times the scouting reports be completely wrong on a player. And everyone mentions the physical tools Justin Fields has, which at least that is a consensus.

But on the flip side the league has a history of extremely gifted college quarterbacks who fail in the pros because they can't read the defense or keep up.

So that is my main concern.

It's still too early for me to see whether the pick was good or bad. I understand it but I may have wanted to go in a different direction personally and shore up the offensive line, and leave quarterback for next year.

I could entirely be wrong on this and I hope I am. Just more taking a wait and see approach.

The one thing I will say is that this whole discussion about the Bears finally taking a black quarterback is entirely asinine from both sides of the argument. The Bears have had black quarterbacks before and have had black starting quarterbacks before. The fact that they didn't work out isn't a reflection of a prejudice against black quarterbacks, but instead a reflection of just how terrible the Bears are at selecting a quarterback of ANY color, because there have been white quarterbacks who have lasted just as long as the black quarterbacks the Bears have had. You can't argue prejudice when they've just been flat terrible at the position. Well you could make that argument but you'd look like an idiot. Same goes for the knee jerk people who are saying that the other side can shut up now that the Bears have a black quarterback. Even bringing up the discussion is really stupid and if that's the sort of thing that means the most to you it's more of a reflection of just how flawed you are rather than the position of quarterback with the Bears which in and of itself is a Greek tragedy.

Anyway I've said my peace on that bit.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
He is literally neurodivergent and a minor. Please be kind

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I dunno man, we all type stuff out. Receipts people have on me probably say the same thing, I do and say proper stupid shit.

We're all human, I don't get this level of vindictiveness and vitriol toward one guy given I have been a cunt to the same poster and others in the past.

What the fuck is driving all this? I genuinely, at this stage of life, don't get it.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
For a guy who’s “never watched a single minute of this kids play” in college, he sure has a lot of thoughts about why he doesn’t like him, thinks he will be a bust, will be drafted by Atlanta 4 overall, is a developmental project, is Mitch Trubisky the sequel, has a lot of physical tools and talent, and isn’t prejudiced if he fails because he’s black.

All this knowledge from scouting reports which can be incredibly wrong about a guy. Over him watching the kid and making his own distinctions.

On a side note, I find incredibly peculiar that he (among others) thought Zack Wilson is the best qb of the draft. The most important trait in a qb isn’t physical tools but the ability to ready a defense. What I don’t get is Wilson was the worst at reading defenses that weren’t cupcakes, with Coastal Carolina, the only ranked team BYU played and one of two of their entire schedule (11 games)having a defense ranked above 90 in the ncaa in 2020 making him their bitch. Whole lot of contradictions.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dunno man, we all type stuff out. Receipts people have on me probably say the same thing, I do and say proper stupid shit.

We're all human, I don't get this level of vindictiveness and vitriol toward one guy given I have been a cunt to the same poster and others in the past.

What the fuck is driving all this? I genuinely, at this stage of life, don't get it.
well, he IS on his dozenth alt account

was permabanned for doxxing ccs members (something YOU accused me of and got yourself banned from a half dozen times, and it never was even true)

He passes of other's opinions as his own

his own opinion's are almost always wrong

he's been lobbying for years to get the mods to ban people who point any of this out

he only admits to half of this

HOPE THAT HELPS, NICK!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
For a guy who’s “never watched a single minute of this kids play” in college, he sure has a lot of thoughts about why he doesn’t like him, thinks he will be a bust, will be drafted by Atlanta 4 overall, is a developmental project, is Mitch Trubisky the sequel, has a lot of physical tools and talent, and isn’t prejudiced if he fails because he’s black.

All this knowledge from scouting reports which can be incredibly wrong about a guy. Over him watching the kid and making his own distinctions.

On a side note, I find incredibly peculiar that he (among others) thought Zack Wilson is the best qb of the draft. The most important trait in a qb isn’t physical tools but the ability to ready a defense. What I don’t get is Wilson was the worst at reading defenses that weren’t cupcakes, with Coastal Carolina, the only ranked team BYU played and one of two of their entire schedule (11 games)having a defense ranked above 90 in the ncaa in 2020 making him their bitch. Whole lot of contradictions.
Be careful, now he's going to tell you that you are a loser and a moron

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I mean I think it's pretty straightforward in the fields thread. @Bearly looked up what he'd said after being asked to by him and once mjy didn't approve of what he found, he started flailing and calling him names. Mjy is an egotistical prick that rarely ever (never) has real insight on anything but passes it off as an expert opinion

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins

was permabanned for doxxing ccs members (something YOU accused me of and got yourself banned from a half dozen times, and it never was even true)

he's been lobbying for years to get the mods to ban people who point any of this out

HOPE THAT HELPS, NICK!
Well I asked the question and you answered with your side of it all.

It offers me information.

As a person, it doesn't make me feel any better tbh, I guess when the shoe is on the other foot, after having been part of a problem on here in the past then it's probably just for the better I don't involve myself.

I don't enjoy people going back and forth on a personal level any more.

It's my problem.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I mean I think it's pretty straightforward in this thread. @Bearly looked up what he'd said after being asked to by him and once mjy didn't approve of what he found, he started flailing and calling him names. Mjy is an egotistical prick that rarely ever (never) has real insight on anything but passes it off as an expert opinion
Okay.

I guess that's message board posting going all the way back to the early 2000's tbh, but like I said to HHM you offered me your answer to my question.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well I asked the question and you answered with your side of it all.

It offers me information.

As a person, it doesn't make me feel any better tbh, I guess when the shoe is on the other foot, after having been part of a problem on here in the past then it's probably just for the better I don't involve myself.

I don't enjoy people going back and forth on a personal level any more.

It's my problem.
You’re at peace lately, did you finally discover the burning bush?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Fields is overrated and is going to be a bust.

But then again I feel that way about most of the quarterbacks.

Trevor Lawrence I think will just be okay.

Zach Wilson has the best "chance" to be something very good, although I'm not entirely sold on him either.

So going to be very honest here.

I don't know how to feel about this pick.

Now I don't follow college football because it just isn't as enjoyable as the pro game to me. So I haven't watched a single minute of this kid play. I'm trusting the scouting reports because I have nothing else personally to tell me whether they are right or wrong.

This sequence of posts is just amazing. I've condensed the 2nd post since it's stupid long. The 1st post is on March 29, 2021 and definitively declares Justin Fields is "overrated and is going to be a bust". Then in the second post on April 30th, 2021 says that "I haven't watched a single minute of this kid play." and then proceeds to write a novel about someone he's never seen play. It's just perfection.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

HOPE THAT HELPS, NICK!

Is PL the poster formerly known as Nick 80?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This sequence of posts is just amazing. I've condensed the 2nd post since it's stupid long. The 1st post is on March 29, 2021 and definitively declares Justin Fields is "overrated and is going to be a bust". Then in the second post on April 30th, 2021 says that "I haven't watched a single minute of this kid play." and then proceeds to write a novel about someone he's never seen play. It's just perfection.
@Pretzel Logic