The Mike Brown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
After reading the Walter Payton thread and watching some great youtube tributes to Payton I got me thinking of my favorite Bear of all time, Mike Brown. (I am 24 so I did not grow up on the 85 Bears).

Would have been a Hall of Famer if he could have stayed healthy. Great athlete and a very smart football player. Many people would have given up after the amount of injuries he sustained but he constantly battled through them and would show up at every training camp in better condition than anyone else despite fighting through injuries in his off season training. One of the smartest players during his prime and a great play maker. He like Walter played the game the right way and was a great human as well.

He is my favorite Chicago Bears player of all time among the players I grew up watching. I really hope he return to the organization one day in a coaching role.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Mikey. One of my all time favorite players, period.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I have never cried from a movie, when Mike Brown gave the interview confirming he would miss the rest of the 2007 season and cried I became teary eyed as well. The thing is he is not have a bad knee or shoulder, he would get different random severe injuries that would end his season. He had over 100 tackles and 3 picks last year and stayed healthy I don't understand why he is still unsigned.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W422w3g9TJY]YouTube - Mike Brown Bears Highlights[/ame]

His hit on Marcus Pollard is embedded into my brain forever. One of my favorite Bears ever, so sad he couldn't avoid freak injuries.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of my favorite Bears players. He was a professional, a leader on the team, and he knew how to lay the wood. Such a shame he couldn't avoid the injury bug

WFBST

Liked Posts:
I always felt Mike Brown was exciting to watch. I'm happy that he stayed healthy last year even though he isn't with the Bears anymore. I'm looking forward to watching Major Wright lay down some hits over the upcoming years. That highlight video has got me a little more pumped for training camp!!

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why I love Major...because Mike Brown was my favorite player from the modern Bears and Major is as close we got to having Mike back.

Status
Not open for further replies.