The national media takes on the Bears this morning are lulzy

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
As usual, Windy is right.

It’s the perfect storm of the national media hating the Bears and needing validation for their draft night prognostications being completely wrong.

The Bears made them look foolish that night because they caught them completely off guard. The media types will never forget that, and they’ll never forgive.

Yes they are waiting for the next Bears loss, the I told you the Bears were bad, the you see I am right moment. #notgonnahappen

They think they would look foolish admitting they were wrong. Meanwhile, they are.

CBEARS32

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Media... we just won the North and hopefully we can squeeze in a 1st rd bye.

Beat the Vikes no respect
Beat the Shit out of the Rams no respect
Beat the Pack and win the North no respect

Talking heads can eat a bag of Dicks

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol, most of these guys don't have the time to watch every minute of every game by the time they have to go on tv to give their takes. Why do you guys obsess over them so much? Quite frankly, I hear better analysis mid week from fantasy "experts" that have to watch the games to give their advice.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is good right now. He will be much better down the road. These talking heads will have years and years of being wrong ahead of them. Why would they think Trubisky should be great yet? It's to early in the process to expect greatness yet.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
I think the reason most of the media isnt giving trubs his due is because he hasnt coem from behind and won a game yet. he hasnt put the team on his shoulders and won it.

In my opinion, thats true for some QB's like Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees but Trubs is learning with only 13 games in College and the past year and a half in the NFL. Hes learning and improving and im excited. No he isnt there yet but I think he will be - Like Rodgers was in his first 2-3 years. Trubs also doesnt neceesarily need to either with the defense we have. But they arent talking this way and are trolling people in Chicago.

Media has always been east Coast Biased, its why I dont obther with it. If you arent in the NFC east or AFC east you dont count. Been like that for 20+ years now.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The media doesn't like teams without elite, top five QBs.

If you think about it, they never liked Flacco much, even after Baltimore won a SB. How many times did you see them favor Eli and the Giants for their two SB wins?

It will always be this way with Trubisky, but as long as we win, who cares? We just have to except they don't like him and probably never will.

Look how much they fell off the Andrew Luck wagon the past few years. I remember Cowherd fluffing his nuts for days, talking about how "...he was the best college FOOTBALL player I've ever seen.." (Basically, trying to say he #calledit and knew Luck would be great.)

It took Tom Brady winning 2 Superbowls for the national media to warm up to him. They couldn't look past his draft status his first 3 years.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It took Tom Brady winning 2 Superbowls for the national media to warm up to him. They couldn't look past his draft status his first 3 years.

Orly? TWO superbowls you say...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The look on Nick Wright's face after that segment says it all...

jiD5UJM.png

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;lclPwVZ5L08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lclPwVZ5L08[/video]

Check out what Cris Carter has to say. He calls the Bears defense "Good, not great". Then he suddenly says the Rams aren't a great team (I guess because the Bears beat them, they're not a good team now.) Then the other guy keeps pushing the tired "Trubisky sucks, I don't trust him" narrative, completely ignoring the fact that Trubisky just had a 2 TD 0 Interception 128 passer rating game where he outplayed Aaron Rodgers and had his team clinch the NFC North.

The only one who sounds like he has any clue in this video is Nick Wright. He's the only one who sounds like he took the trouble of staying informed.

Btw the Packers have a top 10 defense against the pass. I saw this earlier and CC made absolutely no sense at all. He sounded like a jackass.

Warp Daddy

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Eff them all , just play well and let them beat their gums

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The simple reality is if we go out in the Wild Card round or lose because of Trubisky then the pundits will be right. In the end, who is right will be determined on the field. Pundits have ever right to doubt Trubs as Bears fans have to believe in him. Time will tell who is right.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Does it really matter what the national media experts say about us?? My God, some of you act like you are in Jr. High school! "I heard, Sally said this about you."

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Problem is, there have been awful QB's win a SB including last year's Nick Foles and the fact he was a back up and is still just a back up. Things can happen. How can Carter call the Bears offense "one dimensional" That was a weird statement.
The are totally one dimensional, I'm just not sure which dimension, the Cohen as a receiver dimension, the Cohen as a runner one, the Jordan Howard dimension, the Robinson big receiver one, the quick small Gabriel dimension, the Burton/Shaheen TE dimension, the Trubisky 6TD dimension, or the Trubisky over 400 yards rushing one.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears are the most balanced team in the league right now. I would think they are the opponent most teams would least like to face in the playoffs. Young, loose, nothing to lose and led by a D that has knocked most opponents off their gameplan.

That said, Trubs is the weakness and there will be situations where he has to come through for the team (like he did on the last TD drive vs GB).

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The are totally one dimensional, I'm just not sure which dimension, the Cohen as a receiver dimension, the Cohen as a runner one, the Jordan Howard dimension, the Robinson big receiver one, the quick small Gabriel dimension, the Trubisky 6TD dimension, or the Trubisky over 400 yards rushing one.

How about the fake handoff to Hicks then throw a TD pass to your backup Olineman dimension

such a stale and predictable offense

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears go deep in the playoffs and everyone can stfu then. this was a solid 3-4 win team before this season started from people here and "experts", make note of that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
[video=youtube;bfx4EcpGclY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfx4EcpGclY[/video]

Stephen A. Smith was on the same tired shit, "I don't trust Trubisky", blah blah blah...

these guys are so boring, I can't believe they get paid for this level of "analysis"
SAS probably thinks that the Bears don't match up well against the Vikings with John Randle likely destroying Frank Omiyale and sacking Moses Moreno repeatedly.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How about the fake handoff to Hicks then throw a TD pass to your backup Olineman dimension

such a stale and predictable offense
Hicks is 4 dimensional all by himself.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The simple reality is if we go out in the Wild Card round or lose because of Trubisky then the pundits will be right. In the end, who is right will be determined on the field. Pundits have ever right to doubt Trubs as Bears fans have to believe in him. Time will tell who is right.
Ehh. Here is my issue...a lot of the national pundits are taking the position Trubisky will never be good, and not keeping the current season in context. I kind of expect him to have a lackluster performance in the playoffs. I can hold that belief and also think he will evolve into a great NFL QB.