The national media takes on the Bears this morning are lulzy

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;lclPwVZ5L08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lclPwVZ5L08[/video]

Check out what Cris Carter has to say. He calls the Bears defense "Good, not great". Then he suddenly says the Rams aren't a great team (I guess because the Bears beat them, they're not a good team now.) Then the other guy keeps pushing the tired "Trubisky sucks, I don't trust him" narrative, completely ignoring the fact that Trubisky just had a 2 TD 0 Interception 128 passer rating game where he outplayed Aaron Rodgers and had his team clinch the NFC North.

The only one who sounds like he has any clue in this video is Nick Wright. He's the only one who sounds like he took the trouble of staying informed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Relax, lambchop.

The Bears’ success does not ride on what pundits say.

:)

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think good, not great is fair considering the Dolphins/Giants games and some of their 4th quarter struggles.

I don't trust Trubisky either for what it's worth. Way too inconsistent week to week.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well I'm totally going to be a fan of the team Cris Carter likes.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Lol, I just watched that video and was lmao the entire time.

You can tell when people don't actually watch the games. Canty made up some garbage about Trubisky being terrible inside the numbers yesterday.. He was 20/28. TWENTY for TWENTY-EIGHT.

Trubisky has been awful in several games this year, and I would understand concerns over his accuracy, but if there was ever a game where he was anything but inaccurate, it would have been this game.

Most of these pundits have talking points they just want to get to, and since Trubisky had such a horrible game against the Rams 2 weeks ago, Canty thought he could sneak one of those negative talking points in there without realizing how absolutely none of it applied to the most recent game against GB. And to nobody's surprise, not a single person called him out on it.

Guy completed 71% of his passes yesterday, and the first words out of your mouth were "he was terrible inside the numbers." What.the.fuck.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I've never seen the narrative be so negative about a team that just clinched their division in a year where most expected them to finish 3rd, at best. These guys (except for Nick) sound insane to me. If Carter and Canty posted that tripe here, they'd be told to stop cunting.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Lol, I just watched that video and was lmao the entire time.

You can tell when people don't actually watch the games. Canty made up some garbage about Trubisky being terrible inside the numbers yesterday.. He was 20/28. TWENTY for TWENTY-EIGHT.

Trubisky has been awful in several games this year, and I would understand concerns over his accuracy, but if there was ever a game where he was anything but inaccurate, it would have been this game.

Most of these pundits have talking points they just want to get to, and since Trubisky had such a horrible game against the Rams 2 weeks ago, Canty thought he could sneak one of those negative talking points in there without realizing how absolutely none of it applied to the most recent game against GB.
None of them. They don't do any research either. That cocksucka Deon Sanders was talking about how if the Bears have to go to New Orleans they'd get handled by the Saints easily. Like, what? Pop quiz, asshole, who was the last team to keep Brees from throwing a TD in New Orleans? The fuckin 2017 Chicago Bears, that's who. Yeah back before we had the beast that is Khalil Mack. Let them keep doubting us all the way to the Super Bowl.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem is, there have been awful QB's win a SB including last year's Nick Foles and the fact he was a back up and is still just a back up. Things can happen. How can Carter call the Bears offense "one dimensional" That was a weird statement.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's kind of funny about this, is just last week Cris Carter was gushing about how great this defense was.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had a few throws that were off a little, but nothing like usual. He also threw some pretty accurate passes. I think the “experts” will be stuck on the Trubisky sucks train the rest of this season no matter what he does. Now if he goes off in the playoffs and the bears win a game or two then some might come around.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;bfx4EcpGclY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfx4EcpGclY[/video]

Stephen A. Smith was on the same tired shit, "I don't trust Trubisky", blah blah blah...

these guys are so boring, I can't believe they get paid for this level of "analysis"

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think good, not great is fair considering the Dolphins/Giants games and some of their 4th quarter struggles.

I don't trust Trubisky either for what it's worth. Way too inconsistent week to week.

I was going to say the same thing. It's hard to call then great with some of their struggles this season. They are definitely very good, but to be great they'll need to do this in the playoffs as well.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
None of them. They don't do any research either. That cocksucka Deon Sanders was talking about how if the Bears have to go to New Orleans they'd get handled by the Saints easily. Like, what? Pop quiz, asshole, who was the last team to keep Brees from throwing a TD in New Orleans? The fuckin 2017 Chicago Bears, that's who. Yeah back before we had the beast that is Khalil Mack. Let them keep doubting us all the way to the Super Bowl.

BCBA310FDF853DF55FD18B5233600493588CD07E

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Can't believe the Bears lost the Cris Carter Bowl. I expect Nagy to commit seppuku next dawn in the south end zone.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When was the last time a Bears QB outplayed AR?

And AR missed more passes tahan I can remember. For whatever reason, likely the pass rush, he was off.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They cannot take the L.

They need to give qualifiers and “yeah buts” instead of admitting they were wrong.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Stephen A Smith situation laid bare without a shadow of a doubt that these guys don’t actually watch the games.

Your average diehard fan probably knows more about the NFL as a whole than these guys.

If Mahomes or Watson or Mayfield has a game to clinch against their rivals like Trubisky did yesterday (20 of 28 for 220+ yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT), they’re getting praised universally.

Fuck ‘em. It’ll feel great when Trubisky is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
While I do agree the Bears don't have the respect they should have, ultimately there is no record for respect. Just wins, losses, and ties.

So, in that sense I don't mind so much now, flying under the radar, having blockhead media guys and other teams disregard us.

It is fodder for the fire. Locker room, chip on the shoulder, galvanizing, us vs the world stuff. Keep beating the other teams. Keep having them scratch their heads. Keep them making excuses. Keep them being idiots.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They cannot take the L.

They need to give qualifiers and “yeah buts” instead of admitting they were wrong.

As usual, Windy is right.

It’s the perfect storm of the national media hating the Bears and needing validation for their draft night prognostications being completely wrong.

The Bears made them look foolish that night because they caught them completely off guard. The media types will never forget that, and they’ll never forgive.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The media doesn't like teams without elite, top five QBs.

If you think about it, they never liked Flacco much, even after Baltimore won a SB. How many times did you see them favor Eli and the Giants for their two SB wins?

It will always be this way with Trubisky, but as long as we win, who cares? We just have to except they don't like him and probably never will.

Look how much they fell off the Andrew Luck wagon the past few years. I remember Cowherd fluffing his nuts for days, talking about how "...he was the best college FOOTBALL player I've ever seen.." (Basically, trying to say he #calledit and knew Luck would be great.)