The NBA's return... (IGT)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I would the assume the eliminated teams are locked in place for lottery order.. And if the Wizards lose 8 games, they will not jump ahead of anyone in lottery order.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Bulls are out so I expect the announcement of LOL Jim Boylen's firing as soon as this is official

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So I would the assume the eliminated teams are locked in place for lottery order.. And if the Wizards lose 8 games, they will not jump ahead of anyone in lottery order.

we can hope that’s the case. Would think the 8 teams not invited would be locked into the top 8 spots of the draft.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
would they do an 8 team lottery?
Yeah, no idea how that works.. Feel like they'd have to keep the 14 team method, but does seem unfair to the teams that didn't get to play more games.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Now that this is settled, are we going to have the annual Chicago x3 tourney? I'd really like to know, for the kids.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lets see how long this lasts...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
13 from the west, 9 from the east, I guess they are now sharing disney world with regular people?
which seems impossible.

The NBA for the most part has the best plan in place. Isolate everyone and their families in one place, get started, get it over with. I dont know about the if one player from one team tests positve the whole team is out is going to work or still part of this.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So is format for playoffs being kept the same except for this play in for 8th seed? Like are conferences being kept?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is format for playoffs being kept the same except for this play in for 8th seed? Like are conferences being kept?

Sounds like no one knows yet. The problem would be starting the next year. If it started on Christmas day next year thats less than 3 months to the start of another season.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sounds like no one knows yet. The problem would be starting the next year. If it started on Christmas day next year thats less than 3 months to the start of another season.
Well, way I figure is they already got 3 months off. 8 teams are going to have at least 9 months off.

Only person this will be a problem for is Kawhi Leonard.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Think about what happens if LeBron gets covid, and is asymptomatic in the middle of these playoffs.

Or will the NBA make some special exceptions.... LOL

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Think about what happens if LeBron gets covid, and is asymptomatic in the middle of these playoffs.

Or will the NBA make some special exceptions.... LOL
Who the hell knows. I personally don't care what happens to LeBron. I'm more concerned if that happens to Giannis.