The negatives only thread.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not that we need to turn this into a Mitch thread, but my thoughts on him are that he is the most frustrating QB to watch in the league. He has all the physical tools to be a good starter in the league. He needs to be more consistent if he wants to keep his job. That has always been his problem. Bears can't go on having a QB that is only good for 30% of the game or less.

Its all mental honestly. One bad throw can mess up his confidence for a couple of quarters.

Liked Posts:
Mitch’s game against the lions was almost identical to Mahomes game against the 9ers in the super bowl.

yet Mitch gets trashed because he started slow and Mahomes wins SB MVP. Lol
This is a really dumb post, let's not pretend that Mahomes hadn't been consistently great prior to that game. Mitch has been consistently crap.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Look at the 10:00 mark, LOL LOL. Luckily Arob made an acrobatic catch in triple coverage to bail him out but 9 times out of 10, well you know

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trevathan was abysmal in coverage last year and has only regressed so far. I'm surprised Pace didn't sign Ogletree as a coverage LBer, which is what he excels in. He'll give up some big plays but he also makes some big plays. Smith still looks out of shape and is reverting back to his bad run stuffing habits. This might be a major issue all year.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  • Could some of the defensive stalworth members (Hicks, Danny T, Mack) be getting long in tooth?
  • Nagy's play-calling I: Run that ball down the middle until they are begging to not have to make those tackles
  • Nagy's play-calling II: Exorcise the playbook of all plays that are parallel to the line of scrimmage. Sweeps, 3 yard screens, etc.
  • In that first game anyway, Tashaun Gipson reminded me more of Ha Ha than he did of Adrian Amos at safety (I can't believe I'm wishing we still had Adrian Amos, but we haven't replaced him yet)
  • Poor tackling

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
  • Could some of the defensive stalworth members (Hicks, Danny T, Mack) be getting long in tooth?
  • Nagy's play-calling I: Run that ball down the middle until they are begging to not have to make those tackles
  • Nagy's play-calling II: Exorcise the playbook of all plays that are parallel to the line of scrimmage. Sweeps, 3 yard screens, etc.
  • In that first game anyway, Tashaun Gipson reminded me more of Ha Ha than he did of Adrian Amos at safety (I can't believe I'm wishing we still had Adrian Amos, but we haven't replaced him yet)
  • Poor tackling

Tipson is HaHa 2.0. Pagano/Pace haven't figured out that Jackson needs to be the CFer and should be paired with a box SS.

mecha

Liked Posts:
on Trevathan, was there a logical explanation for why they signed him and let Kwiatkoski go?