CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s Tyler Clutts up to these days?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here we are again, the CCS desperate for the missing FB to lead us into the superbowl......ffs

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Here we are again, the CCS desperate for the missing FB to lead us into the superbowl......ffs
Is this really a thing here, or are you just reading my posts a lot?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this really a thing here, or are you just reading my posts a lot?
its a thing...before free agency and reality...

people secretly pining for the next Mike Alstott...as if that offence is actually a thing...

Bears fan see a full back catch an uncovered pass in a preseason game during the 4th quarter and rumble for 7 yards...

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Zander Horvath

I hope we trade down to gain a late 7th rd pick for him or sign him as an UDFA soon after the draft. He is the epitome over an overachiever who has established himself as the #1 FB on the board for 2022.

Horvath was a walk on for Purdue in 2017 and made the roster but did not see any game action. In 2018 as a redshirt freshman, he gained 42 yards and a TD in spot duty.

In 2019 he had a bigger role gaining 377 yards in 11 games. I remember being at the IU game that year and he gained 164 yards and two scores against them in the pouring rain. He rushed for 442 yards in 2020 and finished his career with nearly 1200yds rushing, just under 600 yards receiving, 8 td's, not bad for a FB.

I have watched him over the years and admit I am jaded since Purdue is one of my favorites and local to the West Lafayette area. He is an all around good player who works hard, blocks well and has good hands.

He is not the best RB by any means, but can gain a few yards and decent ball carrier for a FB. Some like to compare him to Mike Alstott, but really I dont think he is at that level and certainly not quite the bull Alstott was. All around Horvath was a nice athlete in the backfield for Purdue and enjoyed watching him grow and develop as a player.

He had surgery after fracturing his fibula against U-Conn on Sept. 11, 2021 and surprisingly returned for the game against Nebraska in early November.

Some have him listed as a a late 5-7rd but with the injury, I think he falls just outside the final round as an UDFA.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Why you ask......... because Luke Getsy is the Bears OC. How often did you see a FB used in GB? You want a FB in short yardage, use Tonga. He did it in college and the one time I saw the Bears use him there Montgomery had a stand- up TD following his big ass into the endzone.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Why you ask......... because Luke Getsy is the Bears OC. How often did you see a FB used in GB? You want a FB in short yardage, use Tonga. He did it in college and the one time I saw the Bears use him there Montgomery had a stand- up TD following his big ass into the endzone.
1645117642154.png

Bro, I get it. You don't know what you're talking about, and you want to say it loudly. That's cool. Pobrecito, let me put you on to what you should know if you're going to intone FGB.

Deguara lined up in the traditional tight end spot, in the slot, and even lined up in the backfield as a fullback for Green Bay last season.

Packers are embracing the new fullback model pioneered by the 49ers

2020, LaFleur's first draft as HC, he stuck a dagger in my heart when he drafted AJ Dillon. That shit still hurts. He then went on to draft Josiah Deguara. in the 3rd Round!

I remember my dudes Brett Kollman and EJ Snyder losing their shit over why would they draft such a short TE so early. I personally told them that he was actually a FB.

These are two dudes that I respect and who really know their shit, and they forgot to account for the Shanahan spread in the consciousness of FGB's draft strategy. So, though Josiah blew out a knee, he is really coming into his own.

A FB is not just a lead blocker anymore.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Hey all, so I didn’t have the heart to tell this guy that I wrote this a few weeks ago. He thinks he’s the first to point out we need a FB.

That’s neither here nor there, though, as his video is actually very good, especially his discussion on our need at Center.

So, other people are now coming to the same conclusions I did. Big Poles, da Flus, and Gets. Loves it!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Just to play around with your schematic lens a little bit: would you use a 7th round pick on a UTE that can lead block effectively, legitimately carry the ball on short yardage, run routes, and pass block in the backfield?
No

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

As stated previously, I am biased as a Purdue local... Horvath as late rounder or UDFA would be awesome.