The New York Yankees Aren't Playing Fair

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com, the New York Yankees will not give permission to the Chicago Cubs to interview Joe Girardi unless negotiations break down between the Yankees and Girardi. Marchand did not mention if the Cubs have already asked for permission to interview Girardi.

After all this is a business and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman is doing everything to keep Girardi in New York. Cashman is said to have a meeting set up for tomorrow with Girardi’s agent. In a press conference, Cashman said; “we’re going to give him a real reason to stay.”

Ken Rosenthal tweets the chances of Girardi to the Cubs looks more and more unlikely to happen. Rosenthal also adds San Diego Padres assistant general manager A.J Hinch as a possible candidate for the Cubs manager job.

Rosenthal says Hinch is more of a possibility than Brad Ausmus. Since Hinch is a former manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks and has had previous experience working with young players.

If the Cubs somehow can’t land Girardi, Hinch does seem like a real option. He has previous managerial experience and experience developing young players. That’s what Theo Epstein expressed in his press conference of what the Cubs will look at in their new manager.

The Cubs are still hoping for Girardi, but are also looking at back-up plans.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It would be Joe's decision regardless. Fact is they want to curb spendings at 189 mil. Lost A-Rod, Mo. Are looking at Cano wanting 300 mil. Grandyman F/A. No farm. They are pretty screwed and the one thing they had was unlimited resource and that is not looking as a viable option. Ya Joe could take the gig but does he want it? This goes beyond his payday. It goes into that team is fucked up right now.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Meh, if that happens, just wait out October and pursue him November 1 while letting his agent know the Cubs will top whatever the Yankees offer him.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
This should be interesting, wonder how long it will take to play out.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AJ Hinch? Seriously?

yeah.... I would rather take a chance on Brad Ausmus being the real deal. That guy was a warrior, a grinder, a scrapper. I believe he was hit more than any player in the modern era. He did whatever he had to to win, and as a lead off man, and a second batter guy, he knows all the intracasies of stealing and base running you could ever want. He was a pro's pro, like Girardi but maybe smarter and tougher. Ryan Sandberg made a tangible difference with the Phillies, and that is a black mark as far as I am concerned, AJ Hinch had better be the guy.

Why wasn't Terry Francona hired again? Fucking Epstein is looking like a moron to me, he better be this draft guru they talk about.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
here how i look at this..
cashman has girardi to himself until oct. 31st to negotiate with him, but if girardi ends up talking with the cubs before then, it will only tell me that girard respectfully asked cashman to grant the cubs permission because he has high interest in coming here..

if the cubs get that opportunity, they better make sure he doesnt leave chicago without a deal in place..

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Cubs want a guy in place on November 11. They still have time to get Girardi

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah.... I would rather take a chance on Brad Ausmus being the real deal. That guy was a warrior, a grinder, a scrapper. I believe he was hit more than any player in the modern era. He did whatever he had to to win, and as a lead off man, and a second batter guy, he knows all the intracasies of stealing and base running you could ever want. He was a pro's pro, like Girardi but maybe smarter and tougher. Ryan Sandberg made a tangible difference with the Phillies, and that is a black mark as far as I am concerned, AJ Hinch had better be the guy.

Why wasn't Terry Francona hired again? Fucking Epstein is looking like a moron to me, he better be this draft guru they talk about.
I'm not sure you know who Brad Ausmus is at this point. I think you might be confusing him with Craig Biggio at this point. Ausmus was hit 69 times which is no where near the mark that Don Baylor set 267 times. Ausmus hit leadoff in 18 games and second 186 games which is no where near the amount he raked up hitting 7th (458) and 8th (1061). Biggio on the other hand did hit leadoff and second a lot in his career and he broke Don Baylor's HBP mark with 285. Though I was surprised to learn that Ausmus did manage to steal over a 100 bags in his 17 year career.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I've been digging around this AM, with no luck.

Does anyone happen to know the ages of his 3 children?...was hoping they are not still minors and in school etc.

If they are, I doubt he'll move the family.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I've been digging around this AM, with no luck.

Does anyone happen to know the ages of his 3 children?...was hoping they are not still minors and in school etc.

If they are, I doubt he'll move the family.

Alright, then lets get some flippin paid mitresses in here and break up the marriage!

But Ausmus is an interesting candidate I must say.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Good for you. And no one gives a fucking shit.

What isn't fair about them negotiating exclusively with their own manager during their allotted exclusive negotiation period?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
What isn't fair about them negotiating exclusively with their own manager during their allotted exclusive negotiation period?

It was more of a joke and a unique heading. I even wrote in the article is's all business and the Yanks are doing anything to keep Girardi is NY.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Alright, then lets get some flippin paid mitresses in here and break up the marriage!

But Ausmus is an interesting candidate I must say.

LOL, about the only public personal info I can find on Girardi is that he's a devout Christian.

All I want to find out is if his kids are still living at home...to see what the Cubs chances are of convincing a relocation.

But apparently it's a secret on the internet.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Girardi via the Star Ledger: Our home has been here [in New York]. My kids are engrossed in schools here. I haven’t lived there [in Chicago] since 2006. I have a brother still there, a couple brothers there, actually. But my father’s gone. My mother’s gone. So there’s not as much there as there used to be.