The next move by the management will tell allot.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I'm waiting to see how the front office will handle the rest of the season and the future. Moves they make will be interesting to see because status quo not going to
cut it any longer. Wonder what teams in contention are willing to pick from this bunch. IMHO everyone should be available for fair trade.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm waiting to see how the front office will handle the rest of the season and the future. Moves they make will be interesting to see because status quo not going to
cut it any longer. Wonder what teams in contention are willing to pick from this bunch. IMHO everyone should be available for fair trade.
It takes two to tango. There are some guys in here screaming "trade them all". Who the hell is gonna want some of these guys? Who wants a mediocre defender that hits .180 and strikes out all the time? Who wants a pretty good former MVP who will be looking for far more money than he is worth? Who wants an exciting SS that after all this time still doesn't comprehend the stike zone? A mediocre defender in the OF that strikes out a lot? An older 1B with back trouble? The list goes on and on. They are not gonna get shit for these guys. They got two guys who would draw big returns....Contreras and Kimbrell. You almost have to keep Willison because two way catchers are so hard to find. That leaves Kimbrell. The guy I've saying for weeks is the prime piece of meat to deal. Some true contender will need a closer and at the moment, Kimbrell is one of the best in the game.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It takes two to tango. There are some guys in here screaming "trade them all". Who the hell is gonna want some of these guys? Who wants a mediocre defender that hits .180 and strikes out all the time? Who wants a pretty good former MVP who will be looking for far more money than he is worth? Who wants an exciting SS that after all this time still doesn't comprehend the stike zone? A mediocre defender in the OF that strikes out a lot? An older 1B with back trouble? The list goes on and on. They are not gonna get shit for these guys. They got two guys who would draw big returns....Contreras and Kimbrell. You almost have to keep Willison because two way catchers are so hard to find. That leaves Kimbrell. The guy I've saying for weeks is the prime piece of meat to deal. Some true contender will need a closer and at the moment, Kimbrell is one of the best in the game.

i think they will get more back for some of these guys than you might think, but it’ll all come down to how many teams are “in the hunt” come the trade deadline and what needs those teams have. If there ends up being a few that need a SS, then javys value goes up. Same with all these guys. Hopefully things play out in the cubs favor, otherwise yeah...it could go poorly

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i think they will get more back for some of these guys than you might think, but it’ll all come down to how many teams are “in the hunt” come the trade deadline and what needs those teams have. If there ends up being a few that need a SS, then javys value goes up. Same with all these guys. Hopefully things play out in the cubs favor, otherwise yeah...it could go poorly
Well......when you consider what he got for Darvish, I'm not sure how convident anyone can be. Salary dump, sure but what he got back was a fucking disgrace. Hoyer is a likable guy but he's not exactly hitting homeruns as the Cub's GM.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I feel we can expect Bryant and Kimbrel gone. The rest depends on the return. If it is less value than a Q offer pass.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Kimbrel has the most value going in. Closers are gold at the deadline. Aces are also gold. Hitters not as much.

The reason is a pitcher can solely control a game. A hitter is a piece to a larger puzzle. At most he can hit a HR and score himself. A Ace can shut a O down. A closer locks down the 9th deepening a pen that was contending.

So I wouldn't expect a over pay on Bryant. On Kimbrel yep.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I would think the Mets would match up for some offensive pieces from the Cubs. Not sure what they have to offer

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The White Sox would be smart to go all in this year, and go after Bryant/Kimbrel.
Bryant can push Moncada back to second base, and Kimbrel could help their troubled bullpen and give them 7 inning games.