The Obvious

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
For those who think that "a qb can elevate a team" and for those don't... it's all meaningless. You are one and the same.

We've had more qb's roll through here than most teams. If you think that we somehow beat the miraculous odds and ALL were busts you should stop reading here. You don't understand logic and should continue on with your "feelings".

For the rest who can see both sides of this football, please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team". This is a team sport. You either do your job and fit into the giant wheel or you are part of the problem and need to be replaced or repaired. None of this works without all of it (or most of it) working.

I have NO IDEA if Mitch is good, bad, or ugly. I nor you will ever know.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. We have ownership that is still fat on the legend of 85.

You want a winning organization? Start at the top.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You're so clueless!!! lmao It's not worth explaining why you're so wrong

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team".

source.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
For the rest who can see both sides of this football, please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team". This is a team sport. You either do your job and fit into the giant wheel or you are part of the problem and need to be replaced or repaired. None of this works without all of it (or most of it) working.
I feel like this is a quote from when FDR asked Stalin how he would fix the Bears QB position. Or maybe it is from Kaepernick.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
For those who think that "a qb can elevate a team" and for those don't... it's all meaningless. You are one and the same.

We've had more qb's roll through here than most teams. If you think that we somehow beat the miraculous odds and ALL were busts you should stop reading here. You don't understand logic and should continue on with your "feelings".

What we have here is a failure to communicate. We have ownership that is still fat on the legend of 85.

"I nor you will ever know."
Really? "Nor"?
images (4).jpeg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the rest who can see both sides of this football, please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team".

So why do so many people assume the "season is over" if there's an injury to the starting QB?

I mean, over half the teams in the league fit that saying.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It's norther here nor thor ner.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

LOL @ all of this.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
Pete Rose
Walter Payton
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Jay Cutler

What do they all have in common? They elevated their teams to their highest potential.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Your comment holds bigger weight had one of the ex Bear rejects left the team and performed well with another organization. All of the rejects who left Chicago had their career season with the Bears (the bar is that low) and performed at that same low bar with their new clubs before quietly disappearing from the NFL. Jay Cutler, Shane Matthews, Kyle Orton, Rick Mirer, Rex Grossman, Cade McNown, Josh McCown, Jim Miller etc etc. Not a single one did anything. When it's all said and done Mitch will be added to this list of infamy of ex Bear QB rejects.

Bears are just cursed at the QB position, it is what it is

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
Pete Rose
Walter Payton
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Jay Cutler

What do they all have in common? They elevated their teams to their highest potential.

Jay Cutler? He lead one single team to a playoff in his career. 2-11 vs Packers. and you list him in the same breath as Jordan and Brady? haha, I do hope it was a typo and you just had a brain fart.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Somehow, I think this organization would look a lot better if the Bears had Patrick Mahomes under center rather than what they have now.

If you want evidence that having the right guy at the one position makes up for a myriad of faults elsewhere, you need look no farther than our rivals to the north....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We got exactly the same shit from QB excusers in the Cutler days too.

Everyone has better weapons.
Everyone has a better OL.
Everyone has better play calling.
No QB could succeed here.
Etc.

This is like watching a rerun. The difference was Cutler at least did have an elite arm, so it's more understandable that some people were fooled into thinking was going to turn the corner.

Trubisky has made it blatantly obvious that he sucks, yet people still blame everyone and everything else for why he hasn't produced.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We got exactly the same shit from QB excusers in the Cutler days too.

Everyone has better weapons.
Everyone has a better OL.
Everyone has better play calling.
No QB could succeed here.
Etc.

This is like watching a rerun. The difference was Cutler at least did have an elite arm, so it's more understandable that some people were fooled into thinking was going to turn the corner.

Trubisky has made it blatantly obvious that he sucks, yet people still blame everyone and everything else for why he hasn't produced.

It's almost exactly the same scenario but some are even worse with it.

Did you see @BearsBud the other day? We know he is stubborn in his simplistic narratives but he took it even further saying that GMs shouldn't draft QBs until they rookie can come in and have a pro bowl OL and other weapons ready for him, and coaching/gameplans tailored to him.

WTF