Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Jay Cutler? He lead one single team to a playoff in his career. 2-11 vs Packers. and you list him in the same breath as Jordan and Brady? haha, I do hope it was a typo and you just had a brain fart.

Jay Cutler doesn't care what you think man.

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feelings, wo oh oh feelings
Wo oh oh, feel you again in my arms
Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my heart
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've…

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
source.gif
What I’ve watched of the Ravens, Lamar can usually throw a tea party back there before he faces pressure on drop backs.

every qb in the league would light it up behind that offensive line. Even Mike Glennon.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
We got exactly the same shit from QB excusers in the Cutler days too.

Everyone has better weapons.
Everyone has a better OL.
Everyone has better play calling.
No QB could succeed here.
Etc.

This is like watching a rerun. The difference was Cutler at least did have an elite arm, so it's more understandable that some people were fooled into thinking was going to turn the corner.

Trubisky has made it blatantly obvious that he sucks, yet people still blame everyone and everything else for why he hasn't produced.

some people still remember that the Bears were slightly above average when Cutler was under center and then they morphed into the worst offense in the league when most of the backups were in there.

some people notice that most teams have their backups play reasonably well. For instance, how did Matt Moore do in his 2.5 game sample size this year? Guy was coaching high school football last year, this year he’s playing well above average quarterback statistically.

if you think there’s any chance Matt Moore would have played well above average football this year with the Bears in 2 spot starts, you must be outside your damn mind.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's almost exactly the same scenario but some are even worse with it.

Did you see @BearsBud the other day? We know he is stubborn in his simplistic narratives but he took it even further saying that GMs shouldn't draft QBs until they rookie can come in and have a pro bowl OL and other weapons ready for him, and coaching/gameplans tailored to him.

WTF

that's like fundamentally impossible. jesus christ

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
some people still remember that the Bears were slightly above average when Cutler was under center and then they morphed into the worst offense in the league when most of the backups were in there.

some people notice that most teams have their backups play reasonably well. For instance, how did Matt Moore do in his 2.5 game sample size this year? Guy was coaching high school football last year, this year he’s playing well above average quarterback statistically.

if you think there’s any chance Matt Moore would have played well above average football this year with the Bears in 2 spot starts, you must be outside your damn mind.

I remember Josh McCown outplaying Cutler and running the offense better.

There also isn't much difference in production when Daniel had to spell Trubisky.

But Cutler/McCown were a better QB room than Trubisky/Daniel, because Trubisky and Daniel are both backup level players.

Backups on most teams are a major drop off.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Weird how the Patriots got a lot better when Bledsoe got injured and Brady came in
Weird how Titans got a lot better when Mariota was benched and Tannehill came in
Weird how the ravens got a lot better when flacco got benched
Weird how the Chiefs got better when Mahomes came in for Alex
Weird how the saints were a laughing stock of a franchise before Drew Brees came

Want me to keep going? All you're saying is all QBs are the same. Then why the hell would GMs tank or take a high draft pick to get a QB or some get paid a lot more then others? Are all NFL organizations stupid and you're a savant?

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
I remember Josh McCown outplaying Cutler and running the offense better.

There also isn't much difference in production when Daniel had to spell Trubisky.

But Cutler/McCown were a better QB room than Trubisky/Daniel, because Trubisky and Daniel are both backup level players.

Backups on most teams are a major drop off.

that’s the part where you’re not figuring it out. Matt Moore is just as useless as chase Daniel. He hasn’t looked useless because the chiefs offense and Andy Reid are competent. Can’t say the same thing about Nagy and this Bears offense.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
that’s the part where you’re not figuring it out. Matt Moore is just as useless as chase Daniel. He hasn’t looked useless because the chiefs offense and Andy Reid are competent. Can’t say the same thing about Nagy and this Bears offense.

You seem to have singled out Matt Moore as your example to illustrate the point you're trying to make. The fact remains that most backups (including Moore with his 4 TDs in 4 games) result in a drop in production from the starter.

None of this changes the fact that the Bears have two subpar QBs right now.

The Chiefs were still able to win when Moore played. And the Bears' only win against a winning team's starters was a game with their backup too. Go figure.

mbison

Liked Posts:
For those who think that "a qb can elevate a team" and for those don't... it's all meaningless. You are one and the same.

We've had more qb's roll through here than most teams. If you think that we somehow beat the miraculous odds and ALL were busts you should stop reading here. You don't understand logic and should continue on with your "feelings".

For the rest who can see both sides of this football, please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team". This is a team sport. You either do your job and fit into the giant wheel or you are part of the problem and need to be replaced or repaired. None of this works without all of it (or most of it) working.

I have NO IDEA if Mitch is good, bad, or ugly. I nor you will ever know.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. We have ownership that is still fat on the legend of 85.

You want a winning organization? Start at the top.

The reason the Bears have QB problems is because they don’t spent a lot of time looking in the right places. The Bears have only spent a few high draft picks on a QB in their history. They usually have late round bums starting. It’s kind of like if a company is looking for a CEO they go in craigslist vs actually spending the money to find the right person.

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
The reason the Bears have QB problems is because they don’t spent a lot of time looking in the right places. The Bears have only spent a few high draft picks on a QB in their history. They usually have late round bums starting. It’s kind of like if a company is looking for a CEO they go in craigslist vs actually spending the money to find the right person.

I'm not saying this is an incorrect assessment. I am saying though that so many have come through here and it's hard to get even a glimpse at NFL life for dedicated all in athletes at the highest level. Someone MUST have had what it takes to at least be fair to good. Maybe even great.

This is a team sport. That is why 34 was on a losing Bears team until the team hired the right coach and that coach coached properly and hired the right surrounding cast. If 34 couldn't single handedly bring home wins no other player can. He simple was the best that ever played.

My hope is that we get someone at the top who knows what they are doing so he can make lemonade out of the bags of lemons already on the shelf. Otherwise it's round and round we go...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Mahomes in this fucking trash offense is probably not a huge difference, but he still wins a couple more games. . . Hell, if Nagy decided to get a couple more yards, or at least inquire what hash Piniero would like instead of burn :40 they would be 9-7. You're talking a couple plays that Mahomes does better than Trubisky and Bears are in the playoffs. . . a few inches is a huge difference, ask @Grimson 's wife (no offense buddy)

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Weird how the Patriots got a lot better when Bledsoe got injured and Brady came in
Weird how Titans got a lot better when Mariota was benched and Tannehill came in
Weird how the ravens got a lot better when flacco got benched
Weird how the Chiefs got better when Mahomes came in for Alex
Weird how the saints were a laughing stock of a franchise before Drew Brees came

Want me to keep going? All you're saying is all QBs are the same. Then why the hell would GMs tank or take a high draft pick to get a QB or some get paid a lot more then others? Are all NFL organizations stupid and you're a savant?

BOOM. This argument is officially closed. Well done sir!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"It's Trubisky!"

"It's everything but Trubisky!"

It's Pace, Nagy, Trubisky, the OL, the running game, the TEs, Cohen, WRs not named Allen Robinson. It's a shit show of an offense. And yeah, I hold the GM and the Head Coach to a higher standard than any player. They built this shit. They run this shit. If (insert X elite QB) was our QB, it would probably be better, but not by much.

The solution is to fix everything. And pining for an elite QB when no elite QB is available to us is stupid.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes in this fucking trash offense is probably not a huge difference, but he still wins a couple more games. . . Hell, if Nagy decided to get a couple more yards, or at least inquire what hash Piniero would like instead of burn :40 they would be 9-7. You're talking a couple plays that Mahomes does better than Trubisky and Bears are in the playoffs. . . a few inches is a huge difference, ask @Grimson 's wife (no offense buddy)

I'm not Special person, I'm not married. Absolutely terrible financial investment.

Have some clout before you step to the king, junior.