The offense has to execute pass plays to get more calls.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
They got their shots today and didn't cash in. They passed all through out the forth quarter and there were dropped passes, off target throws, and some ill advised throws that could have been picked. Some are excusing players not executing by passing the blame on the predictability of the play calling. I don't by it. The Saints pass defense was not preventing completions as much as we were shooting ourselves in the foot.

More deceptive play calling is not going to make bad receivers magically good. We can mix it up all day, but a dropped pass is a dropped pass. Poor ball placement is poor ball placement. The offense has to earn the trust of the coaching staff and they simply did not do that today.

Fun fact: After four starts respectively, Trubisky's completion percentage is 50%; Mike Glennon's is 66%. Their QB ratings are similar. Something like 79 & 76 respectively. (No, I'm not calling for Glennon to start...but let that sink in.)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They got their shots today and didn't cash in. They passed all through out the forth quarter and there were dropped passes, off target throws, and some ill advised throws that could have been picked. Some are excusing players not executing by passing the blame on the predictability of the play calling. I don't by it. The Saints pass defense was not preventing completions as much as we were shooting ourselves in the foot.

More deceptive play calling is not going to make bad receivers magically good. We can mix it up all day, but a dropped pass is a dropped pass. Poor ball placement is poor ball placement. The offense has to earn the trust of the coaching staff and they simply did not do that today.

Fun fact: After four starts respectively, Trubisky's completion percentage is 50%; Mike Glennon's is 66%. Their QB ratings are similar. Something like 79 & 76 respectively. (No, I'm not calling for Glennon to start...but let that sink in.)

How many of those were throwaways that Glennon would have held and fumbled?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many of those were throwaways that Glennon would have held and fumbled?
It wouldn't be statistically significant enough to explain a 16% disparity in completion percentage. Trubisky isn't throwing the ball away that much.

What's their yards per pass attempt?
Glennon is throwing just under a half a yard shorter per attempt. Again, not significant.

Again, I'm not bashing Trubisky; I think he's going to be good. Same coaches, same plays, but Glennon has a higher completion percentage. There's more to our woes in the passing game than simply play calling.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The offense isn't going anywhere with this line. Trubs has no time.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That’s what happens to any and every offensive line on the road when the defense knows the plays you’re aboot to run.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Cherry picking stats and only attributing that stat to 1 side of a 2 sided equation. #Bad

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

The line played fine, if not great.. I saw them pick up 6-7 guys on a few plays, problem is defenses are disguise blitzing the shit out of Trubisky and he's obviously not reading them correctly yet.

Issues

Liked Posts:
Cherry picking stats and only attributing that stat to 1 side of a 2 sided equation. #Bad

It's easy to cherry pick a 46pct pass completion rate for a QB deemed "extremely accurate" by some on this board.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Glennon didn’t have the disservice of a run-run-pass play calling. He was getting the real play book. I think they need to stop being dumb about this and let the rookie make mistakes. We are making things way too easy for opposing defenses

Reactions: Myk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's easy to cherry pick a 46pct pass completion rate for a QB deemed "extremely accurate" by some on this board.

I’m impressed you were able to get back on the forum so soon. Overrated ring a bell?

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
It's Trubisky's 3rd game, we aren't going to the Superbowl and probably won't make the playoffs. Glennon was a turnover machine the likes of which we haven't seen since Grossman. Glennon was supposed to be the veteran game manager that didn't turn the ball over. We have an obvious lack of talent at WR. They get zero separation and run half assed routes. The line played fine, Trubisky is just going through a learning curve. Sit back, pop open a schlitz and enjoy the rest of the season. How many 45 yard runs did Glennon make? I'll take Trubisky's rookie growing pains and look forward to next year.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with what you stated. However at least Mitch is a rookie so if they are that close in stats then give me the rookie.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has no time because when you throw on third down only or only in obvious situations you cause problems for your whole offense.

The offense needs to be less predictable.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its literally the Bob Davie offense (for Fox): Run, Run*, Incomplete pass, Punt.

*Stupid penalty potentially inserted here

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That isn't really how a passing game works.

If it is not working you simply cannot stop throwing the ball.

The only way for Trubsiky to develop is to actually throw the ball and learn from mistakes and successes.

Reactions: Myk

Mjiton

Liked Posts:

Do you need it explained to you?
Fine. When a Quarterback throws a football pass the receiver must catch it. If the "receiver" does not catch it. It is incomplete.
The Quarterback can do his job perfectly or "extremely accurate-ly". And it would still be an incomplete pass. Because that stat is not the sole accounting of the Quarterback but also of the receiver.

It is also acceptable that given coverage and shitty receivers not getting separation. Along with a desperation trying to catch up play call. That if the Quarterback merely gets the ball to the receiver enough for the receiver to make a play on it. Get his hands on it. Then it is also under the responsibility of the receiver to make the play.

For instance the infamous Miller TD/no TD catch. Is stat-wise an incomplete pass. Do you blame that on Trubisky?
How about something less cut and dry. Shaheen runs a crossing route. Trubisky throw perfectly to where the pass will intersect with Shaheen. A defender "Then" steps into Shaheens route, sets his feet, and shoulder slams the big guy causing Shaheen to fall into a wobbly stumble trying to go around the defender. The ball falls to the ground. Incomplete. I would say this is Shaheen's fault for not side stepping over the top of the defender to avoid the collision in order to make it to his spot. I'm guessing you blame Trubisky.

Batted down pass by the D-line on a slant because the D-line made a good play and O-line did nothing to control the defender who was clearly trying to get into the passing lane rather than rush.

Trubisky throwing high to a short receiver who miss times his jump. Shared credit.

So yes cherry picking a stat and placing it at the feet of 1 player is either ignorant or purposely misleading.

Every QB puts up with shit like this however some QBs have receivers making acrobatic catches pulling in hard to catch passes. While some have their RB repeatedly drop short wide open screen passes that hit them in the chest... game after game after game.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't see the difference between run run run punt, run run pass punt or pass pass pass punt.
The difference I see was pass pass pass was a little less likely to be followed by a punt.

AussieBear

T

dont mean to be a fify type... qb ratings are something like 79 and 66..

AussieBear

Do you need it explained to you?
Fine. When a Quarterback throws a football pass the receiver must catch it. If the "receiver" does not catch it. It is incomplete.
The Quarterback can do his job perfectly or "extremely accurate-ly". And it would still be an incomplete pass. Because that stat is not the sole accounting of the Quarterback but also of the receiver.

It is also acceptable that given coverage and shitty receivers not getting separation. Along with a desperation trying to catch up play call. That if the Quarterback merely gets the ball to the receiver enough for the receiver to make a play on it. Get his hands on it. Then it is also under the responsibility of the receiver to make the play.

For instance the infamous Miller TD/no TD catch. Is stat-wise an incomplete pass. Do you blame that on Trubisky?
How about something less cut and dry. Shaheen runs a crossing route. Trubisky throw perfectly to where the pass will intersect with Shaheen. A defender "Then" steps into Shaheens route, sets his feet, and shoulder slams the big guy causing Shaheen to fall into a wobbly stumble trying to go around the defender. The ball falls to the ground. Incomplete. I would say this is Shaheen's fault for not side stepping over the top of the defender to avoid the collision in order to make it to his spot. I'm guessing you blame Trubisky.

Batted down pass by the D-line on a slant because the D-line made a good play and O-line did nothing to control the defender who was clearly trying to get into the passing lane rather than rush.

Trubisky throwing high to a short receiver who miss times his jump. Shared credit.

So yes cherry picking a stat and placing it at the feet of 1 player is either ignorant or purposely misleading.

Every QB puts up with shit like this however some QBs have receivers making acrobatic catches pulling in hard to catch passes. While some have their RB repeatedly drop short wide open screen passes that hit them in the chest... game after game after game.

but glennon has more drops on his passes.. hed be completing like 70%+ if they anit be dropping shit.