The official “we’re taking the year off in style” tank thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice return on a promising player.
He will be a third pairing here in 2-3 years, I can live with it.

Jones
Korchinski
Allen
Kaiser
Vlasic

And others and free agents.
For once I feel ok there about the future.

The price was too good to pass.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nice return on a promising player.
He will be a third pairing here in 2-3 years, I can live with it.

Jones
Korchinski
Allen
Kaiser
Vlasic

And others and free agents.
For once I feel ok there about the future.

The price was too good to pass.
I’ve been surprised so far on the returns we’ve been able to get on trades.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been surprised so far on the returns we’ve been able to get on trades.
Do you think Cat was muted comparatively to ice value because of contract approaching?

I can live with that if it tanks for a top 2 also.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
One thing is clear this is a new vision for the team and not a continuation of blowman
And I’m fine with it.

Blowman probably would have thrown in the hawks first rounder with Stillman.

The fact KD is exposing all of Blowman and Kelly’s draft picks right now while trading away everything Blowman brought in is a godsend. The guy is completely shitting all over the old regime while getting assets doing it.

He has seven million in cap space to work with still. Hopefully he can get a few more picks out of it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This round of cuts is an announcement we are tanking.

But one thing I like is the idea not to lose the battle of attrition physically while doing so. The little bitches on every single line and every pairing of Blowmans bus are fucking long gone.

This team is big and will lose but will take no shit. Teams will be happy to get the win and get home without altercation instead of rubbing our faces in the ice.

Say hello to a bottom 6 with Entwhistle and Buddy Robinson.

I wonder if they split them up or ride together?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
As for 23 draft update-

The more I watch Michkov, the more I’m starting to put him on the same level as Bedard.

If I’m going to compare Michkov, it’s a faster Kaprizov who’s a lot better in his own zone. Michkov is under rated defensively.

Eddy Sale is gonna be good, but he’s nowhere near Michkov. Button over hyping him the way he over hyped Salf last draft. He’s a top ten pick, but he’s not the second best player in the draft.

Right now

1. Bedard/Michkov
2. Fantilli
3. Dvorsky
4. Yager
5. Cam Allen- don’t sleep on this pick
6. Stramel- Doug Gilmour v2.0

The Hawks will get a good one so long as they get a top seven pick. These are all top line players and Allen I’d compare to Drew Doughty.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Do you think Cat was muted comparatively to ice value because of contract approaching?

I can live with that if it tanks for a top 2 also.
part of it is to tank another part is this team won’t matter for 3-4 years. And of course the team acquiring him has to make a huge financial commitment. Even if we kept him to trade him in a couple years he could drop in value we’ve seen that with Saad. And how about if he gets a no trade clause then you’re stuck. What’s the point of him being on the team when he won’t be playing with the new players for at least 3 more years?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
part of it is to tank another part is this team won’t matter for 3-4 years. And of course the team acquiring him has to make a huge financial commitment. Even if we kept him to trade him in a couple years he could drop in value we’ve seen that with Saad. And how about if he gets a no trade clause then you’re stuck. What’s the point of him being on the team when he won’t be playing with the new players for at least 3 more years?
3-4 could be best case scenario. We might be further out than that. Korch/Nazar could be the equivalent of Keith and Seabrook, and they took 8 & 7 years, respectively, from draft to cup, with the 'hawks only being relevant the previous season. Before that they were also-rans.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3-4 could be best case scenario. We might be further out than that. Korch/Nazar could be the equivalent of Keith and Seabrook, and they took 8 & 7 years, respectively, from draft to cup, with the 'hawks only being relevant the previous season. Before that they were also-rans.
We might find a Seabrook, but there is only one Keith.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I know I ? agree wasn’t really detailed with the 3-4 years. When I say 3-4 years I mean it will take that long before Davidson young picks to hit the ice on nhl level. Being competitive is a whole other thing who knows without watching them play at next level. Davidson is just going to be getting by for the next 3 years is really what I was getting at. Most likely we won’t see a significant financial move on any player for 3 years and that’s why cat wasn’t worth sticking around.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The timeframe of when/if all the furture superstars make it(3-4yrs) would find DeBrincat 2/3yrs into his 8y deal @28/29 years old,so maybe but he's sure as hell no Saad..........he's a much higher impact player and Saad himself is still a solid contributor for the Blues @29.
His last two season show nothing but improvement in every aspect of the game,his career avg .43gpg/.83ppg were .54gpg/1ppg the last two,he's yet to miss a single game to injury and he saw time on the PK last year as well. He'll never look back playin' with Giroux and Stutzle up there and a 3rd consecutive 40 goal pace season puts him into rarified air and the Sens have the money to extend him........Hawks did him a massive favor.
I understand the trade though,the pick's more important than the player is to the Hawks at this point and the player's MUCH more important to the Sens than the pick is at this point.
Why pay a guy a TON of bonus-laden money with full NMC who turns 25 to play with a noncompetitive team the next four years is a good question. Another question that goes unasked is,what does S Jones' deal look like in those four years @9.5M with full NMC @34 with 1000 games on the odometer , a bonus structure that makes a buyout worthless and the possibility of a few good,young kids needing new deals?

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We might find a Seabrook, but there is only one Keith.
I mentioned "Equivalent" for that very reason. There is only one Keith but the 'hawks are going to still need a top-2 all-zone defenseman. The rebuild will stall out otherwise. The 'hawks could work around that projected defenseman not being at the Keith level by bolstering themselves in other places as the rebuild progresses, but even so it took Keith until about 2007 or 2008 until he started to be recognized as a force after being drafted in 2002. That's about 5 years. So even if Korch is all that and a bag of chips (and so far he might be an O-biased D-man), it might take that long before he really shows he's arrived. Making matters more difficult: he's not the only piece we'd need for the defensive rebuild.

So while the next few years may not matter because we are trying to rebuild and we're looking at 2004/2006/2007 all over again, beyond that we might stall have a ways to go.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The timeframe of when/if all the furture superstars make it(3-4yrs) would find DeBrincat 2/3yrs into his 8y deal @28/29 years old,so maybe but he's sure as hell no Saad..........he's a much higher impact player and Saad himself is still a solid contributor for the Blues @29.
His last two season show nothing but improvement in every aspect of the game,his career avg .43gpg/.83ppg were .54gpg/1ppg the last two,he's yet to miss a single game to injury and he saw time on the PK last year as well. He'll never look back playin' with Giroux and Stutzle up there and a 3rd consecutive 40 goal pace season puts him into rarified air and the Sens have the money to extend him........Hawks did him a massive favor.
I understand the trade though,the pick's more important than the player is to the Hawks at this point and the player's MUCH more important to the Sens than the pick is at this point.
Why pay a guy a TON of bonus-laden money with full NMC who turns 25 to play with a noncompetitive team the next four years is a good question. Another question that goes unasked is,what does S Jones' deal look like in those four years @9.5M with full NMC @34 with 1000 games on the odometer , a bonus structure that makes a buyout worthless and the possibility of a few good,young kids needing new deals?

If that Ottawa writer wants him to be better than Tim Stutzle I think he’s wrong.

Cat is a weapon great at the things he does well. From what I have seen of Stutzle he is the best young German and much more physical and gifted other than the shot than either Cat or Reichel.

Cat does have the skill shot. I don’t know why we keep trading the guys that can actually whirl the buzzer?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Bedard update-

Watched a few games and notice he’s been rather physical this year so far. Knocked a few guys off their skates for a little guy.

Strong core. Similar to Crosby when he was coming out.

A faster Mckinnion who is currently 55% on the dot? Who can also go McDavid beast mode? Yes, please.

I like both Bedard and Michkov an awful lot. KD needs to try and get both of them.

Dream scenario- Hawks win Bedard. Michkov drops. Hawks trade their high draft picks outside of their own 24 first. Hawks get Michkov. Hawks suck again and draft Kivi in 24.

Bedard, Michkov, Nazar and Reichel

Jones, Korchinski, and Kivi on the back end.

Comesso in goal.

That’s a damn solid core.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If that Ottawa writer wants him to be better than Tim Stutzle I think he’s wrong.

Cat is a weapon great at the things he does well. From what I have seen of Stutzle he is the best young German and much more physical and gifted other than the shot than either Cat or Reichel.

Cat does have the skill shot. I don’t know why we keep trading the guys that can actually whirl the buzzer?
For the life of me,I dunno what else D-Cat coulda done in his first 368 NHL games in Chicago to impress people,160gls 307pts and the kid was even out on the PK last year. Yeah,he saw his share of 5 on 5 time with Kane but has the team had another line for opponent's to be concerned with since the kid got here?
Stutzel's a big German Stallion who'll fit nicely with Giroux and D-Cat but D-Cat's first two seasons(69gls) show a very gifted player who's never let his size be a disadvantage......ie: he's yet to miss a game to injury and doesn't bail on physicality either.....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think extremely highly of Stutzel so it’s no slight.

Cats accuracy is epic. Cats counter attack is epic.

I’ve seen him be treated like a smurf plenty let’s not pretend he is perfect, but he has a low center of gravity and a wide base, he buzzes through hard areas and causes mischief, does what he’s asked even when stupid Colliton asked it.

I’m not a fan of the loss, but hopefully it was successfully the last straw for Kane and Toews in time to get a return for Kane and for Toews to ride one more time for a competitive Stanley Cup run like Keith somewhere.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think extremely highly of Stutzel so it’s no slight.

Cats accuracy is epic. Cats counter attack is epic.

I’ve seen him be treated like a smurf plenty let’s not pretend he is perfect, but he has a low center of gravity and a wide base, he buzzes through hard areas and causes mischief, does what he’s asked even when stupid Colliton asked it.

I’m not a fan of the loss, but hopefully it was successfully the last straw for Kane and Toews in time to get a return for Kane and for Toews to ride one more time for a competitive Stanley Cup run like Keith somewhere.
We can only hope. What would suck like a teenage prostitute in Kobe Bryant's hotel room is if Toews and Kane *don't* waive and the sign elsewhere next season.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like giving up PP goals so your homie can get out of the box early and play more shitty hockey.