The official “we’re taking the year off in style” tank thread

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Anyone bother tonight?
The disparity in talent, speed and system made it look like a varsity vs J.V. scrimmage - no surprises really.

My one new takeaway is that Regula should be renamed RagDoll, he was getting tossed like a little bitch out there, terrible.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It went as expected.
Yup.

I saw the first two periods. Been extremely busy lately so kinda shocked I even fit that in, but yeah, it looked exactly like I thought it would. The PK was utterly atrocious. Toews cashed in on a absolutely sweet pass from Kurashev on the PP (didn't think Kurashev had it in him). Mrazek made some big saves at times and let it crap goals at other to balance out a blah performance overall (although he was barraged all game).

Jones looked solid in the first, then blah in the second. He was caught for like a 3 minute shift so maybe that affected his play after that, but it was a totally boneheaded move to not hold the blue line on the PP when Kane passed it to him. Kane was even pissed about it on the ice and said something to the effect of "what the fuck are you doing?"

Kane/Athanisiou/Domi -- yikes. Maybe they got better in the third, but from what I saw, this line was rough. Maybe they develop some chemistry, but right now, they have zero.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Oh, and electronic ads on boards fucking suck. Yeah I said it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think extremely highly of Stutzel so it’s no slight.

Cats accuracy is epic. Cats counter attack is epic.

I’ve seen him be treated like a smurf plenty let’s not pretend he is perfect, but he has a low center of gravity and a wide base, he buzzes through hard areas and causes mischief, does what he’s asked even when stupid Colliton asked it.

I’m not a fan of the loss, but hopefully it was successfully the last straw for Kane and Toews in time to get a return for Kane and for Toews to ride one more time for a competitive Stanley Cup run like Keith somewhere.
I didn't think I was pretending he's perfect,I actually made no claims. I just listed his very impressive stats and the fact that he PK'd a bit and the fact that opponents didn't have another line to concern themselves with while he was here. This season will find his new team with a first line of 23yro Tkachuk(30gls last year),23yro Norris(35gls last year) and 24yro Batherson coming off of 44pts in 46gms for opponents to concentrate on.
I liked Strome more than most, but D-Cat will be centered by a God dammed hockey STUD this year who wins 56% of his draws and possession for that line will be HUGE. I look for Claude Giroux to break his career assist mark of 68 from four years ago playing with D-Cat and Stutzle or with Norris like they did in practice yesterday.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More shitty hockey tonight!
Raaawwwrrr!!!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m watching the game from last night. Should be exciting. Been super busy with my sons hockey so far this year.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Well scratch Kakko as any part of a return if the Hawks trade Kane to the Rags.

He’s been nasty all game so far.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
After a game, this Hawks team looks better structured. Better coaching is visible after one fucking game from the shit we’ve seen the last two years.

AA is fucking horrible. Putting him and Domi with Kane is chemistry hell. I’d rather see Kane with Toews.

The Hawks have been solid so far for the first ten minutes of their first two games. Yesterday they started turning into shit the second after Toews scored.

Domi really needs to stop trying to act like Kane. It’s embarrassing already.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So place your bets on which game will finally be the first win?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How the fuck did this shitty team score 5 goals in one game?
Was this some fake out where teams switched jerseys or something?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
How the fuck did this shitty team score 5 goals in one game?
Was this some fake out where teams switched jerseys or something?
Well….

The Hawks goaltending has been god tier the last two games.

Their penalty kill has been excellent during that stretch.

They actually play a little bit more in their own zone.

Wait….it’s because as bad as the Hawks are, the Sharks are worse.

This game was like watching two hobos fight over the last gulp of ripple.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well….

The Hawks goaltending has been god tier the last two games.

Their penalty kill has been excellent during that stretch.

They actually play a little bit more in their own zone.

Wait….it’s because as bad as the Hawks are, the Sharks are worse.

This game was like watching two hobos fight over the last gulp of ripple.
I would have said Night Train Express, but I like the cut of your jib!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bedard to Sharks confirmed. No one is beating the Sharks in the race to the bottom.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Bedard to Sharks confirmed. No one is beating the Sharks in the race to the bottom.
I’m 50% with you one this.

Hawks gets stomped by elite teams, but are 50/50 against everyone else with this system.

The Sharks are just plain Colonton level bad.

Last place guarantees a top three pick. I don’t think KD has the preposterous idea that this team was just going to roll over and die or that they would actually buy into the coach.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frank Nazar damaged goods.

Meniscus? ACL? Hip?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
There’s two different reports going around Nazars injury.

One of those Chicago media morons say it’s a groin, a Michigan guy on Reddit is saying it’s his hip.

Now, if they’re really shutting him down for the year, which is what the rumor is, that’s an awfully bad groin injury.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
As for a draft update-

I’m really starting to warm up to Fantilli. If he can translate his game now to the NHL I would have no issue with him on the Hawks. Not over Bedard or the Russian, but everyone else in this draft.

Toews with a mean streak. He flattens people, but isn’t a dipsy doodler out there.