The official “we’re taking the year off in style” tank thread

gopher72

Liked Posts:
What about the guys in Washington who got paid before a cup and eventually won one?

I don’t get what you don’t understand? You play out your rookie contract and then your pay is only based on your value.
Value? We're talking value? Value? C'mon. We're not talking about me dominating the game almost every night I'm out there. No.We're talking value. We're not talking about my putting fear in every D-man we play. No. We're talking value.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do we see a veteran lineup in order to be competitive all year? I'm confounded.
The number of young players who are north of 20 and need more experience and assessment either sat or were sent down like R Johnson and Ragula,Entwistle was the youngest player in the lineup @23 last night and he only saw 8 minutes.
Vlasic,Regula,Beaudin,Galvis and Philips are all 21 or older,all have seen some NHL games,and three of em are on their last year and their last chance here yet we get 30yro Tinordi,25yro C Jones and 35yro J Johnson on a rebuilding roster?
R Johnson sits over a 28yro shell of Khaira,23yro Hardman's in Rockford along with 21yro Teply and 20yro Reichel's there too after a solid AHL season and some NHL games last year.
Will the team lose more with more of the kids playing? Wasn't that the plan?

Will an extended NHL stint hurt these players development at their less than tender ages now? I'd rather know now. I guarantee a number of these players will be lost for nothing w/o ever getting a shot or proper assessment. Guys like Forsling down in Fla don't figure it out till they're 24-25 but ya gotta play em and suffer with em a little........especially young D-men.......like Tinordi and Jack Johnson.....LOL!

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
SAM LAFFERTY IS FOR REAL! THIS IS A GUY YOU BUILD AROUND!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
And if we’re keeping score,

Adam Bustvist has been a healthy scratch for three consecutive games.

I recall a couple idiots here proclaiming him a good player.

He isn’t. He’s a complete bust and now it’s starting to look like the Jones trade is dead even outside of that trash contract.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
3 in a row.
WTF!?!?!?
The goaltending has been stellar during the winning. Even today it was good enough.

There’s a bunch of things to consider;

LR has then playing that whole collapseable box shit in front of the goalie and so far it’s working. Will it work the second time around? Who knows. Stalock has looked great and when more then half the goals you gave up were shit you had no chance at, that doesn’t bode well for the tank.

I’m seeing a lot more bodies in front of the crease. That fourth forward, puck moving defenseman on the boards shit that Colonton was implementing was like Trestman coaching the Bears.

That said, I can’t believe KD is happy with this. Giving up on Kubalik and trading Cat Altho Korchinski is averaging 2 points a game right now in juniors and is looking like an elite prospect, I can’t help but think he’s getting salty over this.

I personally think this team comes down to earth. You will know they’re all in if they bring Reichel up. He’s over a ppg in Crackford and it’s almost to the point he has nothing left to prove down there and would look really good on Kane’s wing instead of Andreas Stalberg.

Not mad the bolts are the drizzling shits, either.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And if we’re keeping score,

Adam Bustvist has been a healthy scratch for three consecutive games.

I recall a couple idiots here proclaiming him a good player.

He isn’t. He’s a complete bust and now it’s starting to look like the Jones trade is dead even outside of that trash contract.
I'm no Adam Boqvist fan but to be fair.......

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We got a lot of things clicking and a lot of guys playing well who ultimately are peaking and probably won't much. Not a bad thing. Inflate all the value you can and trade high. Do not abandon the rebuild do not abandon the tank.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Go Hawks

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As for a draft update-

I’m really starting to warm up to Fantilli. If he can translate his game now to the NHL I would have no issue with him on the Hawks. Not over Bedard or the Russian, but everyone else in this draft.

Toews with a mean streak. He flattens people, but isn’t a dipsy doodler out there.
I was telling my buddy who I coach with about this kid. Saying he could very well go after Bedard in this draft.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hits 29-14 tonight. If you are gonna go down I like that they are swinging. 11 oilers penalties to 9 as well. Too bad pk failed but not really. Toews leading the team in goals with Domi. WTF kinda bizzaro world is this

Granada

Liked Posts:
Almost got a point there.
Whew!
Not going to lie, I was hoping they would pull that game out somehow. I'm okay with the rebuild but it's hard not to root for them in the moment.

I thought McCabe was having another solid game until McDavid made a pylon out of him. Can't fault him too hard there though, considering it's McDavid.

Horrible turnover by Toews at the end of the game that led to the GWG. That's rookie shit right there, in all honesty -- backhand pass from the boards into the middle of the ice in your own zone, yikes. Richardson seemed to chalk it up to the fact that he was overplayed because he was on the PK practically all fucking game. Well, maybe that's valid.

Loved seeing Athanasiou finish that rush for a change.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Not going to lie, I was hoping they would pull that game out somehow. I'm okay with the rebuild but it's hard not to root for them in the moment.

I thought McCabe was having another solid game until McDavid made a pylon out of him. Can't fault him too hard there though, considering it's McDavid.

Horrible turnover by Toews at the end of the game that led to the GWG. That's rookie shit right there, in all honesty -- backhand pass from the boards into the middle of the ice in your own zone, yikes. Richardson seemed to chalk it up to the fact that he was overplayed because he was on the PK practically all fucking game. Well, maybe that's valid.

Loved seeing Athanasiou finish that rush for a change.
That cant be right he was on the PP all night not a lot of PK. But he was definitely on special teams more than even strength.