The Official Poles Brass Tacks Thread (2023 Offseason)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You tore it down, now can you build it?

You are presented with the most advantageous situation in the entire NFL:

1) More cap space than any other franchise by almost double.

2) A ton of draft capital, including the #1 overall pick.

3) A potential franchise QB on his rookie contract.

A new GM couldn't ask for a better situation.

I know this for sure: the stretch between now and Aprilish is going to define Poles career.

I'm hoping for the best, but historically I'm expecting the Bears to fuck this up. Discussion here about Poles FA, draft performance.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know this for sure: the stretch between now and Aprilish is going to define Poles career.

I'm hoping for the best, but historically I'm expecting the Bears to fuck this up. Discussion here about Poles FA, draft performance.
I agree 1000%. I think they will hit a few home runs, and whiff on a few, but this is set up to do so much for this team. I give them a solid "A" for this year.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Maybe it's different now? When's the last time we had a franchise QB? I mean, things couldn't have fallen much better for Poles. We could be looking back at this offseason 2 years from now, with a team that's in the superbowl conversation, shaking our heads at how lucky we were.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just wish the Bears still had pick 32 instead of Claypool. God, that trade sucked with it being the Bears pick and not the Ravens pick.
I want to agree with you gut instinct. But I want to see how he looks after an offseason, compared with WR talent that ends up going in that range of the draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Believe. Ya gotta believe.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Interesting to see what he invest all that cap into. Let’s see what George yes man can do with an offseason with no excuses built in for him

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said. "Hoping".

I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in this as I used to be, thankfully. Lol.
I know how you feel, but if we do well on half of the options before us—we'll be a much-improved team. How many games did we lose by one score or less THIS YEAR when we had a really bad team. FA may or may not get us elite players but it HAS to improve our OL/DL. Nowhere to go but up. The biggest risks IMO are how far we trade down, and who we take. Anderson or Carter? Or farther back where we don't get them? I think they've actually done well evaluating talent and getting guys that were later picks or even FA to step up and perform. Sanborn? UDFA .

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Believe. Ya gotta believe.
I wonder who the Texans were going to select as their qb if they had the number one pick? If some other team wants the same guy, this is where the Bear's can make a haul, right? It's going to be fun for a change on draft day.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They dont really have a ton of draft capital. They have the most valuable pick that can be turned into a ton but they've got 2 4ths and 5ths with both extras being from playoff teams. Not a ton of value in those extra picks.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know how you feel, but if we do well on half of the options before us—we'll be a much-improved team. How many games did we lose by one score or less THIS YEAR when we had a really bad team. FA may or may not get us elite players but it HAS to improve our OL/DL. Nowhere to go but up. The biggest risks IMO are how far we trade down, and who we take. Anderson or Carter? Or farther back where we don't get them? I think they've actually done well evaluating talent and getting guys that were later picks or even FA to step up and perform. Sanborn? UDFA .
I don't disagree with any of that.

IMO, this team is one good offseason away from getting into the playoffs, and likely getting bounced early. As mentioned, the Bears lost a lot of games very close, often against good teams, with very little talent on the roster. Two offseasons to actually be competitive and push.