The Official Where is LeBron Going Thread

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
figured we might as well centralize it

Teams he will NOT go to:

New York: first they have about zero players on their team. as well, new york is historically a baseball town. will the knicks continue being compared to the yankees? it remains to be seen.

New Jersey: everyone uses derrick rose as a counterargument in some cases for lebron not fitting in chicago. umm...how about JOHN WALL/EVAN TURNER and DEVIN HARRIS and BROOK LOPEZ, all who want the ball to be effective. not a good situation.

Miami: other than the talk of who is really the alpha dog, they would have few players and people just don't care about basketball in miami. you've seen how empty their stadium is.

Dallas: they actually would have to work a trade and they just don't have any assets whatsoever.

LA Clippers: how could LeBron take the chance of living in Kobe's shadow? and the clippers are a terrible organization as well.

Washington: they have no pieces

LA Lakers: i think that we've definitely seen how kobe deals with another alpha dog...

Cleveland: the Cavs have shown that they have no team other than LeBron. proof of this: game 5. he was seeing if whether he had a bad game, can his teammates win him ONE MEASLEY GAME. the answer was no.

WHY WILL HE GO TO CHICAGO?

The Bulls have an incredible situation. They have an unselfish superstar pg. if you've seen, vinny was always trying to teach derrick to play off the ball so now he can do it effectively. joakim noah is also completely unselfish and doesn't need the ball to play well. and they actually have some other assets.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think your analysis is way off man. If he won't go to Jersey, he won't come here. Simple as that. Lebron doesn't care as much about the "alpha dog" stuff because of his game, he is more than willing to share the stage. I think hard work and the length of time the window of opportunity is open may be more of a deciding factor. Lebron is not looking for a championship, he wants a handful, in my opinion.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well the bulls won 41 this year. that's about 30 more than the nets can say.

even if he were to go to miami, it would be basically the same thing as going to nyc only beasley instead of gallinari and no fans in the arena.

think about it, if lebron comes and bosh is sign and traded, the starting lineup of the bulls would be

rose-21
hinrich-28 but replacable
james-24
bosh-26
noah-25

give or take a year on each. that's a team that could be extremely dangerous for over a decade.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You are right. But Lopez is better than Noah in Jersey and Harris is pretty damn good at PG. And what if the Nets get the first pick in the draft? My goodness man, John Wall, Turner? Plus his buddy Jay Z is there too. So Jersey shouldn't be overlooked.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well harris two years ago had an offense that was basically everyone supporting him. most of the players in the nba are good enough that if they have an offense completely based on them, they can average at least 20 ppg.

as well, in a lineup of harris, turner, lebron and lopez, every single one of those players needs the ball to be effective.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Harris can play off the ball, he did it a lot this season, I watched him. He is better at it than Rose because he has more experience.

Lopez obviously needs the ball and SHOULD get the ball. He is that good.

Turner is a question mark so he really shouldn't enter the equation. I think he can be compatible with Lebron.

That would be a damn good team man...damn good.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think the thing kinda holding him back from new jersey is

1. playing in newark for two years
2. all the question marks. with chicago you know what you're getting.

hou, devin harris played off the ball a lot this year and he had a terrible year this year. two years ago he had the ball on virtually every play and he had a good year.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well if Harris can't play off the ball...trade him! Especially if they get the first pick...Rose may have the same result then...we can't assume that he will be as good without the ball as he is with it.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Everything is speculation right now. I would say Chicago has the best team to offer & would offer the quickest ascent to championship level with LBJ, but Miami, NJ, NY, & LAC all have a very good shot at him. I also seriously doubt that NJ gets #1 overall, how many times has the worst team ever gotten the #1? Twice maybe, the Cavs & Clips I think. I'm rooting hard core for the Jazz to steal it.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
I'm rooting hard core for the Jazz to steal it.

I will laugh so hard if the Jazz get the #1 pick from the Knicks, and they end up with the Boozer/Joe Johnson contracts of doom.