The Olin Kreutz Situation

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Quite the answer from George McCaskey about the Olin Kreutz comments about being offered $15 an hour to coach up the Bears offense.

I don’t doubt Kreutz is telling the truth. That long pause and awkward response from George is pretty telling, I think.

At the same time, I think George probably would’ve given more of a non-answer if there wasn’t some credence to him saying that’s not “the whole story.”

It has me wondering if maybe this whole dumb Olin Kreutz situation hinges on a technicality—Like, maybe the Bears did ask him for advice, and he offered his services for free and they said, “Hey, that’s awesome. But for the books, it can’t be free—It has to be at least $15 an hour,” or some weird dumb bullshit like that.

There’s no way in hell a professional organization just straight up offered a former player a minimum wage job without context.

It's not a great look for the chairman of the franchise to be involved in petty squabbles with ex-players. He should have given a "no comment" and stayed out of it.

But then, this is the Bears after all.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
It's not a great look for the chairman of the franchise to be involved in petty squabbles with ex-players. He should have given a "no comment" and stayed out of it.

But then, this is the Bears after all.

If what George is Saying has some merit, then more power to George for standing up Because his organization's name is being dragged through the mud By the media and a former player who may have an ax to grind

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He was better off saying no comment than acting out like a little kid. Especially since George has been an epic loser failure

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
If what George is Saying has some merit, then more power to George for standing up Because his organization's name is being dragged through the mud By the media and a former player who may have an ax to grind

Olin Kruetz can be a bonehead at times, but I don't think you need the head of the organization getting down in the mud with him. He's got people for that.

I also don't know who's lying and who's not, nor do I care. The chairman needs to be above that kind of stuff and let his minions deal with it. All George did was call attention to it. Kruetz comes out ahead.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yep.........I would expect some old Giant players to have a few stories about the Mara family, and the Ford family, don't get Ex-Lions players or fans started on them.
Sanders for years and now Calvin have had issues with them

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Olin was a hell of a player, and I like his insight about the game of football.
He's an asshole and half though, if he legit called a guy on the day he was fired to backup some silly anecdote that has little meaningful impact even if true. Way to try and make yourself the story today.

McCaskey should have just not commented, but this is the Bears who have had zero clue about how to coach their people on talking to the press.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yes I want the McCaskeys to be more diplomatic, I dont care about Olin.. he is not a part of the team that I follow. If it turns out that Olin is being an idiot then who cares? But wouldn't it be great if the front office of the Team that we all follow didn't constantly look like a bunch of incompetent fools?

"olin didnt tell the whole story.. here is the whole story" problem solved.. but instead George comes across as an idiot.. Its just an embarrassment that any halfwit could of easily avoided.. but we have king George the bizarre running the show..

Yeah well too bad. I want the McCaskeys to get the GM and HC hire right. Dont give a shit about diplomacy.

This can be all true.

But you are missing the point.

Olin is one person.

George is not just one person, he represents an organization. What he says in front of the press needs to be more professional than him talking on some podcast.

George might have been right, but the way he responded was wrong.

No one cares. All that matters is that he get the GM hire right. Dont care if he shits all over Olin in the process.

Who is less diplomatic an owner as Jerry Jones. No one cares because he wins. What is diplomatic about getting handjobs and blowjobs from a massage parlor. No one cares because Kraft wins.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find this to be the dumbest shit that happened on a very newsworthy day. Big bad Olin goes on radio and whines, then talks about who he called to confirm his lame ass story to begin with. He comes off so lame. And the second biggest loser of the day is the collective media who felt so appalled on his behalf. All so dumb.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I find this to be the dumbest shit that happened on a very newsworthy day. Big bad Olin goes on radio and whines, then talks about who he called to confirm his lame ass story to begin with. He comes off so lame. And the second biggest loser of the day is the collective media who felt so appalled on his behalf. All so dumb.
Dumbest people are the fans once again buying up George's bullshit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Olin Kruetz can be a bonehead at times, but I don't think you need the head of the organization getting down in the mud with him. He's got people for that.

I also don't know who's lying and who's not, nor do I care. The chairman needs to be above that kind of stuff and let his minions deal with it. All George did was call attention to it. Kruetz comes out ahead.
At the moment, he's the lowest rung and was asked the question.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do they justify this, does the player' s union not have a say in this? $15 is a pittance
Lol he’s not a player and he is a millionaire.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTH am I missing?

Olin says the bears offered him 15/hr.

The bears say this is standard.

George says Olin is not telling the whole story.

Seems both sides mentioned 15/hr.

What's the problem here?

It is what it is. George seems out of place not to just say yes we pay first time interns 15 and move on.

Again, there is no wrong on either side. Unless someone says there was no offer.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
That's not the overlying problem though. The biggest take away from today's presser is the chairman took a shot at a reporter and basically called a former player a lier when he himself wasn't even privy to any dealings with Olin about being brought in for camp. All he had to say was he wasn't aware and left it at that. It's a terrible look and a PR nightmare for someone who isn't in good standing with the fans base as it is.
It looks like a loudmouth ex player spinning the truth. If he says “he wasn’t aware” like you want him to he’s only confirming Kreutz’s narrative that the Bears are cheap. (why would he do that?) and giving credence to what Kreutz said. Which is obviously no way the whole story. It was probably some short term camp thing. It’s not like they were hiring him to be on the staff in some real role and they were going to give him $15 an hour. There are probbaly ex players who do stuff like that not looking to get paid. Just looking for the experience because they want to get into coaching. Or they just want to be part of the game again. They want to go to camp and be around all the guys for the organization they played for, And the organization has to pay them something. So they just give them some generic $15 an hour probably for legal purposes or something like that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTH am I missing?

Olin says the bears offered him 15/hr.

The bears say this is standard.

George says Olin is not telling the whole story.

Seems both sides mentioned 15/hr.

What's the problem here?

It is what it is. George seems out of place not to just say yes we pay first time interns 15 and move on.

Again, there is no wrong on either side. Unless someone says there was no offer.
It was wrong for Olin to use it as a slam and clearly point to it as an insult.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was born to billionaires; he has lived his entire life in a completely different social strata than you or I can even comprehend. I got just a taste of it once, when I won a stay at a very exclusive hotel, and let me tell you, the rich are not like you and me.
Well they certainly aren’t like him….they are more closer to you and I than him…..that’s for sure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The George should just say that's the standard.
2 side to every disagreement but that's what happens when 1 side goes public. Guess why George was asked?