The Olin Kreutz Situation

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
He called George dumb. Lol. This is the off-season I'm here for.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Constantly brings up irrelevant points to support his integrity:

I'm a father of 6.
I played hurt for them.
Played 190 games for them.

Claims maybe there is a misunderstanding and maybe G McC should talk to him before calling him a "liar.

Maybe take your own advice Olin before smearing the team as cheap.

Parkins and Spiegel almost laughingly bait Olin into an unhinged rant:

“That is an example of why you don’t win in your building because of how you just handled that,” Kreutz said.
" I called Harry and Ryan because that is what men do."
"If he would have said that to my face, we would have had a problem."

Last edited:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because they dont have too. It is a coveted job. You are talking a $15 an hour job that can turn into tens of millions. If Kreutz doesnt want to put in the work then someome else will. It is as simple as that.
Okay, but if this is a stepping stone to making MILLIONS then why not pay something decent to start? I mean we're not talking some kid in college taking an unpaid internship at a local newspaper. The $15/hr is such horrible pay for any job in the NFL IMO. Again, when a team is clearing 357 million a year they can afford to pay decent hourly rates. I just think you can treat ex-players better than that. I think you can treat ANY employee better than that.

It was six years ago when CEO Dan Price raised the salary of everyone at his Seattle-based credit card processing company Gravity Payments to at least $70,000 a year.

Price slashed his own salary by $1 million to be able to give his employees a pay raise.

I don't care what the industry "standard" is. That's bullshit to keep the money in the owner's pockets. It's what fast food companies do. It's what happens in academia. And it's failing right now, people are fed up. Things need to change.

I wonder how many people have done the internship for slave wages and then turned that into a great full-time job? If it's basically guaranteed then I guess you suffer through that first year. But what I'm saying is, "Why make your interns suffer?" Treat them better. Always. Period.

Here's what I see in your comment. "Because they don't have to." That's a shitty attitude, and won't draw good people to your organization. Just because you CAN get away with it, doesn't mean you SHOULD. And all this does it make the Bears look cheap and petty in the public eye, when they don't need to do that.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, @remydat I want to say that I appreciate the civil, respectful conversation. It often turns into FUCK YOU or SHUT UP or I KNOW BETTER, and I have enjoyed this debate and conversation.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
listen. fuck the $15/hour job thing. nothing Kreutz is saying is wrong here. George McCaskey is supposed to be the chairman of the team and he has no idea what's going on. if you can't identify what's wrong, you can't fix it. with the proverbial four horsemen doing the hiring again, it's literally going to be the same shit in 4 years. how none of you can see the recurring pattern with this dogfucking organization blows my mind.

back to the $15/hour job thing. if that's what's the standard pay across the league, then Kreutz was either at least in the wrong or at best wasn't serious about coaching. it still doesn't excuse the fact of calling him out in the press conference when the lead dickhead doesn't even really know him. more people should be opinionated and call things out like Kreutz. the world would be a lot more honest. and if you all want to pile on and hate me for agreeing with him then I don't really care.

No one cares.
Okay, but if this is a stepping stone to making MILLIONS then why not pay something decent to start? I mean we're not talking some kid in college taking an unpaid internship at a local newspaper. The $15/hr is such horrible pay for any job in the NFL IMO. Again, when a team is clearing 357 million a year they can afford to pay decent hourly rates. I just think you can treat ex-players better than that. I think you can treat ANY employee better than that.

It was six years ago when CEO Dan Price raised the salary of everyone at his Seattle-based credit card processing company Gravity Payments to at least $70,000 a year.

Price slashed his own salary by $1 million to be able to give his employees a pay raise.

I don't care what the industry "standard" is. That's bullshit to keep the money in the owner's pockets. It's what fast food companies do. It's what happens in academia. And it's failing right now, people are fed up. Things need to change.

I wonder how many people have done the internship for slave wages and then turned that into a great full-time job? If it's basically guaranteed then I guess you suffer through that first year. But what I'm saying is, "Why make your interns suffer?" Treat them better. Always. Period.

Here's what I see in your comment. "Because they don't have to." That's a shitty attitude, and won't draw good people to your organization. Just because you CAN get away with it, doesn't mean you SHOULD. And all this does it make the Bears look cheap and petty in the public eye, when they don't need to do that.

But if it is industry standard it will draw people to your company because they have no choice.

Like I get what you are saying but the reality is the NFL has operated like this for decades and Olin is the only one I can think of crying about this. So he should just stay out of coaching if that is how he feels. No loss given his coaching of Mustipher.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just taking the pulse of what's online right now on this, it seems like people are starting to turn on Olin, which is what happens when you over-expose yourself to plead your case.

mecha

Liked Posts:
No one cares.

But if it is industry standard it will draw people to your company because they have no choice.

Like I get what you are saying but the reality is the NFL has operated like this for decades and Olin is the only one I can think of crying about this. So he should just stay out of coaching if that is how he feels. No loss given his coaching of Mustipher.
I would say he's at least accurately pinpointed all the systemic issues with the team. George McCaskey shouldn't be the face doing press conferences if a) he doesn't know anything about football b) proclaims he's a "football fan" (which just sounds silly) or c) he can't speak in public properly. there's a lot of not-football people at the top making decisions they shouldn't be and the team will be doomed to do the same thing again. the premise has nothing really to do with the money I don't think, it's more to do with the fact the team won't listen to ANY former players at all. compare that to other teams, the Bears are like the only one I can think of that shut their players out like that. that's Kreutz' issue.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would say he's at least accurately pinpointed all the systemic issues with the team. George McCaskey shouldn't be the face doing press conferences if a) he doesn't know anything about football b) proclaims he's a "football fan" (which just sounds silly) or c) he can't speak in public properly. there's a lot of not-football people at the top making decisions they shouldn't be and the team will be doomed to do the same thing again. the premise has nothing really to do with the money I don't think, it's more to do with the fact the team won't listen to ANY former players at all. compare that to other teams, the Bears are like the only one I can think of that shut their players out like that. that's Kreutz' issue.

The McCaskey's own the team. If McCaskey wants to go up there and make an ass of himself then that is his right.

As for not listening to former players, honestly don't know how true it is and honestly don't care. If a former player wants a say get into coaching and be good enough to get an interview like Frazier. Dudes want a say but they have no skin in the game as they don't want to put in work.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just taking the pulse of what's online right now on this, it seems like people are starting to turn on Olin, which is what happens when you over-expose yourself to plead your case.
Maybe Olin and George are in cahoots, maybe this is a big ruse to deflect from the super secretive GM and coaching search. While Olin cunts about being disrespected, George is flying to Balt to talk Ozzie Newsome into getting back to being a GM , then they fly together down to the Big Easy to abscond with Sean Payton. Come Monday Olin and George walk in to a surprise presser, arms around shoulders declaring we have never been closer and we have a couple great guys behind the curtain we are dying to introduce you to.

I just a working (conspiracy) theory.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In 2016, Singletary wanted to get back into coaching. He called his old teammate Jeff Fisher, then head coach of the Rams. Fisher didn’t have a position available, but he told Singletary he could work for the team as a consultant. He would be called a defensive assistant and make $15 an hour.

Saw this in an article about Mike Singletary.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olin will always go down as one of my favorite players of all time. He was the captain of the team when I became a bears nut.

That said…. I think the people on the radio are nuts for suggesting (before the $15
/hour story) that George bring him in for advice on getting the team going in the right direction.

The number one thing Olin said the bears should do this offseason is sign the best LT in FA, and move Jenkins to guard. He thinks Mustipher is a good center?!?

Why? Maybe because Mustipher worked out with Olin in the offseason and so they’re now best buds. So because of that, Olin refuses to admit they need to upgrade their Center.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Watching CHGO live show from yesterday morning and Olin brought up Ogunjobi as a good FA fit to be the new 3 tech. He nailed that.

Last edited:

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't buy a PS5 from him. That much I know.