The OWNER of the Bears has said, "we need to get better at the Quarterback position"..............

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
What are the odds that Pace does nothing?

I mean, clearly that owner has seen enough of our blind, one read, dink and dunk rollout QB and wants change. But if Pace is as incompetent as many of us think that he is, and with time beginning to slowly and steadily run out, what are the odds that Pace either: a) panics and gives away the farm to get someone new in here, b) gives up and runs it back, or c) settles for something in between options "a" and "b".

I think running it back, short of a major run in the playoffs - conference championship game type run... would be the death nail for him. The owner has spoken... marching orders have essentially been given... Trubs was not extended... and with a slew of possible upgrades at QB on the table and with the owner essentially saying he wants change at that position... for Pace to do nothing and run it back again would be yet another sign... the final sign..... that he is in over his head.

What say you? Will he make a desperation move, throw everything at it and give away the farm? Make a change for 'change sake' and go with a mediocre, short term answer like an Andy Dalton? Make a move for say, a guy like Sam Darnold, that he can sell as the long-term QB of the Bears? Or buckle under the weight and show that he is not smart enough (shrewd enough) to pull off something this big off at the most important position in the game, and settle for running it back?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

I mean, clearly that owner has seen enough of our blind, one read, dink and dunk rollout QB and wants change. But if Pace is as incompetent as many of us think that he is, and with time beginning to slowly and steadily run out, what are the odds that Pace either: a) panics and gives away the farm to get someone new in here, b) gives up and runs it back, or c) settles for something in between options "a" and "b".

I think running it back, short of a major run in the playoffs - conference championship game type run... would be the death nail for him. The owner has spoken... marching orders have essentially been given... Trubs was not extended... and with a slew of possible upgrades at QB on the table and with the owner essentially saying he wants change at that position... for Pace to do nothing and run it back again would be yet another sign... the final sign..... that he is in over his head.

What say you? Will he make a desperation move, throw everything at it and give away the farm? Make a change for 'change sake' and go with a mediocre, short term answer like an Andy Dalton? Make a move for say, a guy like Sam Darnold, that he can sell as the long-term QB of the Bears? Or buckle under the weight and show that he is not smart enough (shrewd enough) to pull off something this big off at the most important position in the game, and settle for running it back?
To be fair its not easy to find a franchise QB. I mean even when you have a 67% chance of getting it right you can still get it wrong. ????

46FEVER

Liked Posts:

The owner isn't a he. We have had several discussions on the old cbmb and here about what could happen once the owner is no longer with us. Believe it or not @Omeletslacks knows alot about the situation.

Looking at it from an outside pov this move or non-move signifies the next 10 years of the bears. The contract with the city for soldier field ends in 2032 if i recall correctly.

What would be more enticing to a new owner? Chance to come in, build the team and in the process a new stadium. With draft picks galore.

Or come in lacking draft picks and a all star qb.

This is gonna get interesting.

Any attorney out there that can verify if Virginia has a living trust involving the bears?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
If Pace does nothing to improve the QB position he willing be shittting bricks about the stern talking to he will get from the owners post season press conference.

He likely won't even get praised for his collaboration and they may threaten to even tell the public about his contract status.

If he isn't motivated now, nothing can be done to get him going.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Id say 70% of the owners in the league say the same thing whats your point ?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody else find it odd that Bears nor Pace revealed his contract details or length??

1613978385738.png
What if they're giving Pace more than 1 year and they tank for QB in '22 after the dust settles across the league.
Terrible time to buy high on a QB now when half the league is buying + in a lowered cap year.

Pace better draft a sink or swim mid-round project QB in the very least or tar & feathers will justifiably follow. Prob also pick up a leftover vet scrap heap QB like Alex Smith, Mariota, or Winston for cheap (hopefully NOT multi-year & overpaid like Glennon!!!). Regardless, Nagy will ruin both & we're back here a year from now.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
If they were able to spin a 6 game losing streak as a positive in their mind, I could see them just as easily thanking Pace for doing nothing and putting the long term future ahead of overreacting in the present. That is who they are. They like you and aren't losing money, they will find an excuse to keep you.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I was pretty close to being spot on with my original post....

Direct quote from my original post above:
"What say you? Will he make a desperation move, throw everything at it and give away the farm? Make a change for 'change sake' and go with a mediocre, short term answer like an Andy Dalton? Make a move for say, a guy like Sam Darnold, that he can sell as the long-term QB of the Bears? Or buckle under the weight and show that he is not smart enough (shrewd enough) to pull off something this big off at the most important position in the game, and settle for running it back?"

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, if you predict every possible outcome you will probably be spot on with one of them.

Congratulations on your #CALLEDIT.