The pitch clock for 2023..

What your thoughts on the pitch clock? Like or not?

• Like it.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Don't care for it.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Watched the game yesterday specially to see the changes.. Personally, I like the pitch clock rule.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Watched the game yesterday specially to see the changes.. Personally, I like the pitch clock rule.
I like it, until it determines the outcome of a game like it did the other day. Granted it’s an exhibition game, but it could/will happen in games that do matter

A walk off pitch clock winner…that’s just gross feeling. Worse feeling than a hockey tie IMO

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I like it so far. It'll probably be tweaked, but that is what spring training is for.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im with JD on it. I think players will be more inclined to swing the bat since pitchers will have to rush time to time and thats when mistakes happen.

Also, the no shifts is going to be huge. Matt Olsen example was good of him in 2022 and him in spring training in 2023. One was an easy out with the shift. The other was a base hit. Really going to up the averages.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"I like it, until it determines the outcome of a game like it did the other day."

Personally I don't care if its affect the outcome. Everyone knows what the rules are, and should play by it. As 'SilenceS' mentioned, the no shift rule should enhance the game as well. Lets the athletics play.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
"I like it, until it determines the outcome of a game like it did the other day."

Personally I don't care if its affect the outcome. Everyone knows what the rules are, and should play by it. As 'SilenceS' mentioned, the no shift rule should enhance the game as well. Lets the athletics play.
You’ll care as soon as it’s the cubs losing an important game because of it lol

And in regards to the shift, yes it’ll help offenses score more runs which is good for viewership. However, to tell a team where it can and can’t play it’s defenders is kinda strange to me.

Like why should anyone care if I want to kick a 3B over to the other side of second base? It’s still the same number of defenders, I’m just putting them in the best position for success for that particular hitter.

They already removed the pitcher from hitting, so we no longer have any strategy to the game in that regard, now we won’t have nearly as much defensive strategy. It’s getting to the point where, what the hell is the point in having a manager? They hardly do anything anymore lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It def. has its flaws but they are doing it cause this generation doesnt have the attention span. So, you cater to your audience. Baseball purist are dying out

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Outlawing the shift is one of the dumbest things ever done in sports. No hyperbole. Top 3 dumbest idea in all of sports.

Imagine the NFL outlawing zone defense, or the NBA outlawing pressing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outlawing the shift is one of the dumbest things ever done in sports. No hyperbole. Top 3 dumbest idea in all of sports.

Imagine the NFL outlawing zone defense, or the NBA outlawing pressing.

The shift ruined the game for lefties and fans. I won’t miss it it was getting ridiculous where they are switching every pitch.

I think they need to change the technology for catcher/pitcher exchanging pitch selection to prevent a pitch clock from diminishing the strategy of the game and taking thinking away from pitchers.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The shift ruined the game for lefties and fans. I won’t miss it it was getting ridiculous where they are switching every pitch.

I think they need to change the technology for catcher/pitcher exchanging pitch selection to prevent a pitch clock from diminishing the strategy of the game and taking thinking away from pitchers.
How about learning to hit the opposite side?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How about learning to hit the opposite side?
Or even just doing like what Rizzo would do occasionally, and drop a bunt down the thirdbase line.

There’s ways to beat a shift even if you can’t hit opposite field, hitters just aren’t willing to do it. They’d rather take their 5% shot at a HR than a 75% shot at a bunt single.

Also, I miss the hit and run and base stealing

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If your argument against the shift is because hitters can’t go opposite field then the sport is in bigger trouble.

The reason lefties numbers shrink against the pool is because right handed pitchers are selected against 90% of the population.

Lefties in baseball are the easiest path to professional sports they say.

But there still aren't enough of them for equivalency in numbers, and there isn't 1:1 equivalency in talent...

So because of facing better quality pitchers against a shift at a bad angle to go oppo they hit .250.

Without the shift they have an unfair advantage and hit .330

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The reason lefties numbers shrink against the pool is because right handed pitchers are selected against 90% of the population.

Lefties in baseball are the easiest path to professional sports they say.

But there still aren't enough of them for equivalency in numbers, and there isn't 1:1 equivalency in talent...

So because of facing better quality pitchers against a shift at a bad angle to go oppo they hit .250.

Without the shift they have an unfair advantage and hit .330
This post is really bad.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Sometimes, you just have to love the tangents that people go off on in threads. IMO, banning the shift is not the worst thing in sports or even top 5. But to each their own.

I think the pitch clock could be worrisome, but in playoff games, batters would probably get warnings first.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sometimes, you just have to love the tangents that people go off on in threads. IMO, banning the shift is not the worst thing in sports or even top 5. But to each their own.

I think the pitch clock could be worrisome, but in playoff games, batters would probably get warnings first.
Then what’s the point? If the rule kinda goes out the window on the biggest stage, that kinda tells you all you need to know about the rule to begin with

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Then what’s the point? If the rule kinda goes out the window on the biggest stage, that kinda tells you all you need to know about the rule to begin with

Same point as when a ump issues warnings to both teams when only one team has hit a batter. The other team hasn't even hit a batter yet if they do after the warning, their guy gets tossed.

I didn't say it's a good rule. Let a few games end on those and players will learn.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Same point as when a ump issues warnings to both teams when only one team has hit a batter. The other team hasn't even hit a batter yet if they do after the warning, their guy gets tossed.

I didn't say it's a good rule. Let a few games end on those and players will learn.
So because something else is dumb and goes on, you allow other dumb things to go on??

That doesn’t make much sense, mate

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then tell the entire sport of hockey to fuck off.