The pitch clock for 2023..

What your thoughts on the pitch clock? Like or not?

• Like it.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Don't care for it.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm somewhat of a baseball purist, but I do like the pitch clock. Opening day yesterday felt much more watchable.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I really don't have an opinion about it.

It will suck for some pitchers as they have to alter their routine.

Catchers are starting to use a wrist pitch signal that gives the pitch. So tech should also help with game flow.

Do I care? Not really. There will be feed back from pitchers coaches and managers in season and it will be a work in progress.

On the shift. This is a bit of a trigger subject here.

It has made the game suck. It is not softball where you have 4 outfielders. So it is a bunch of stat guys getting together and looking over charts and putting the pieces at the most likely spot that the ball goes

It was a good idea but it ruined the game. HR or easy out was the normal result. Gap hitting was nixed with 2B playing the gap. I believe that Heyward's sharp decline was a direct result of the shift. He came over as a gap hitter. And sucked during the shift era. So that investment went to shit. Dont be shocked when he rebounds again.

It made the game unwatchable. HR's are boring. Lining a double into the gap and seeing if he will go for 3B is good baseball. Hitters shooting the gap has been a missing part of the game. It should make a rebound.
Ditto!