DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sign him.

Fucking sign him.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Personal stuff aside, I don’t think he plays football again due to his injury. He’ll probably do very well as a motivational speaker.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So the Nagy/Pace regime said it was an ACL when it was a MCL, ACL and tibial fracture.

And some posters were wondering why many of us were calling bs on back "tightness". They're liars. Its all they do. Well that and pander but mostly lie.

Sign him.

Fucking sign him.
Why, because you feel bad for him?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Nagy/Pace regime said it was an ACL when it was a MCL, ACL and tibial fracture.

And some posters were wondering why many of us were calling bs on back "tightness". They're liars. Its all they do. Well that and pander but mostly lie.

Why, because you feel bad for him?
Green font missed. Thread was missing the obligatory "sign them" chant. Classic staple of these parts.

But yes, I do feel bad for him. Hope he and his family heal and I hope he can get back! Just not with the Bears.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a very "wow" read. My heart goes out to Tarik. He really went through a lot and not much was shared until now.

Here's to hoping he recovers and gets a second chance in the NFL. If not, he is still set for life and already took care of his brother's kids. Good for him. And it seems like he was smart with money too. I recall him giving out free turkeys for Thanksgiving too.

Good luck, Tarik. Once a Bear, always a Bear.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like it was quite a burden; like he was trying to be the Dad in the family while trying to live his own life. He needs to let go of that guilt.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Seems like it was quite a burden; like he was trying to be the Dad in the family while trying to live his own life. He needs to let go of that guilt.

Honestly, the problem is him not feeling like you can share that trauma publicly (culture-driven, not on him). I have no doubt that the Bears staff has counselors available 24/7, or let alone that a teammate would be available to chat. If a locker room isn't there to help you at your worst, why do so many players brag on the brotherhood of players?

If I was teammate from that era, I'd feel pretty damn guilty for never asking him how he was doing. You never know, if you don't ask.

Here's a great quote that literally every human should take to heart:

"Be kind; for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

-Rev. John Watson (aka Ian Maclaren)

Speed

Liked Posts:
That was a tough read. Glad he got a check out of this, although it won't make up for all of that.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Looks like Tarik may have just torn his Achilles doing a workout on IG live. Guy can’t catch a break. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Link to video
I was just about to post this. I hate that for him. Man, what horrible luck. Hope he is able to overcome it. Looked pretty bad. Heard a pretty loud pop.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I was just about to post this. I hate that for him. Man, what horrible luck. Hope he is able to overcome it. Looked pretty bad. Heard a pretty loud pop.

His football career is over.

ACL that takes two years to recover from, and now an Achilles? Yea....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fucking awful. Just want to give the guy a hug at this point. ?