The polarizing Nick Madrigal

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Cub fans need to get to know Nick Madrigal, as I have a feeling he will be very polarizing.

Here is a good piece from Fangraphs. They already say he is very good. but to be great he needs to add just a little more in power and patience. Which he actually did this year, on pace to a 4.2 WAR this year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
and to think the last 2 seasons cub fans were DYING to dump Kimbrel, lol

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cub fans need to get to know Nick Madrigal, as I have a feeling he will be very polarizing.

Here is a good piece from Fangraphs. They already say he is very good. but to be great he needs to add just a little more in power and patience. Which he actually did this year, on pace to a 4.2 WAR this year.

He doesn't seem to have a high ceiling. I wonder if JTS will be able to find something quickly to denigrate him. Whoop! There it is!

Bust

Liked Posts:
I read this board regularly and don't recall people saying to dump Kimbrel.

LOL. When did you start following the cubs? I mean Kimbrel posted an above 6.00+ era his first year with the cubs and a 5.00++ era last year. In restrospect getting deep in the postseason is all about timing. You need multiple guys getting HOT AT THE SAME TIME. Cubs needed the 2021 Kimbrel 2 seasons ago, heh.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I thought you were referring to people here. I didn't know we are answering for every fan everywhere.

P.S. Are you 12 years old?

lmfao, if you don't think cub fans weren't bitching about a 16 million dollar closer sporting a 6.50 era his first year followed by a 5.00++ era his 2nd...well that's on you sport,

buh bye@

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Reminds me maybe a little of Altuve. Power didn’t come until later.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
lmfao, if you don't think cub fans weren't bitching about a 16 million dollar closer sporting a 6.50 era his first year followed by a 5.00++ era his 2nd...well that's on you sport,

buh bye@
Complaining? Certainly!

Suggesting we dump him, which would still mean paying his salary? No.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Reminds me maybe a little of Altuve. Power didn’t come until later.

5'6 160pd Altuve with that power is definitely legit.

Cubs have 6'5 240 pound Heyward. Jayhey is still only 31, same age as Altuve. This should be Heyward's prime years... He keeps himself in great shape but....

Heyward, .199 batting average with 6 homers and 20 rbi, hahaha

holyfriggincow

Liked Posts:
LOL. When did you start following the cubs? I mean Kimbrel posted an above 6.00+ era his first year with the cubs and a 5.00++ era last year. In restrospect getting deep in the postseason is all about timing. You need multiple guys getting HOT AT THE SAME TIME. Cubs needed the 2021 Kimbrel 2 seasons ago, heh.

Really good points, I think the Cubs got a solid return for him but did it HAVE to be to the White (Trash) Sox? Daaamn

holyfriggincow

Liked Posts:
5'6 160pd Altuve with that power is definitely legit.

Cubs have 6'5 240 pound Heyward. Jayhey is still only 31, same age as Altuve. This should be Heyward's prime years... He keeps himself in great shape but....

Heyward, .199 batting average with 6 homers and 20 rbi, hahaha
Yeah, I'm done with Heyward and Happ and Bote. Hope all three are gone next year. Moveon.org

holyfriggincow

Liked Posts:
I don't claim to have ANY intimate knowledge of Madrigal, but Stoney is smarmy and probably wrong as he is so often. Time will tell, but I think Nick can be a solid 2nd baseman the next few years until one of the kids with a bigger upside can come up and do his thing. We don't need Ryno part two fer crissakes....just a solid, serviceable guy we can stick there for the next few years while we build this thing back up.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't claim to have ANY intimate knowledge of Madrigal, but Stoney is smarmy and probably wrong as he is so often. Time will tell, but I think Nick can be a solid 2nd baseman the next few years until one of the kids with a bigger upside can come up and do his thing. We don't need Ryno part two fer crissakes....just a solid, serviceable guy we can stick there for the next few years while we build this thing back up.
If him and hoerner can hit 1-2 and get on at a .350 clip that would be a big step forward for our lineup. I don't really care if they slug