The practical answer for the bears at QB

coolio

Liked Posts:
Laurence Holmes from the bears talk show said he heard from ppl that were in Kansas City with Nagy and they said they saw his QB board and he had Mahomes and Watson ranked ahead of him. Nagy deserves to get to pick a QB. I hope he picks Eason.

Eason and Mahomes both have arm talent you can't teach.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I can't wait for Bears fans to turn on our next QB. Lol.

Ohh, its only in our nature.

I doubt it's Eason however. Even if he fails, I would love the pick in the 2nd.

He is the literal pat mahomes of this draft. Has a lot of the same questionmarks Pat had coming out. They were both projected 2nd rounders, I won't be shocked if his arm talent surprises a team and he goes in the first.

You watch him throw the ball and its easy to see how he could be special.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think people have realized that Chicago just has no idea how to run an offense, or develop a QB. Every QB is going to suck here until we luck out and get our hands on a QB that someone else developed.

You just can't convince me that 70 years of bad QB play is each individual QB's fault. That they've all just been bad, and that the Chicago Bears have been unlucky. This organization has been complicit with each QB failure we've had. The QBs are the symptom. The Chicago Bears are the disease. People just don't want to accept it for whatever reason.

Here on this forum? It's mostly stupidity. Lol.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't think people have realized that Chicago just has no idea how to run an offense, or develop a QB. Every QB is going to suck here until we luck out and get our hands on a QB that someone else developed.

You just can't convince me that 70 years of bad QB play is each individual QB's fault. That they've all just been bad, and that the Chicago Bears have been unlucky. This organization has been complicit with each QB failure we've had. The QBs are the symptom. The Chicago Bears are the disease. People just don't want to accept it for whatever reason.

Here on this forum? It's mostly stupidity. Lol.

The Bears only recently started putting emphasis on the QB position. It started towards the end of Angelo's tenure. I remember a season ending press conference where the Bears finished 9-7 with Orton. And Angelo's up at the podium talking about how it starts with the quarterback.

The Bears have historically regarded the QB position the way teams today regard the RB position - second rate.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears only recently started putting emphasis on the QB position. It started towards the end of Angelo's tenure. I remember a season ending press conference where the Bears finished 9-7 with Orton. And Angelo's up at the podium talking about how it starts with the quarterback.

The Bears have historically regarded the QB position the way teams today regard the RB position - second rate.

And we started putting an emphasis on the QB position about 30 years too late. Oh Bears... never change. Oh wait, they won't. Lololol.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like this pick but how do you keep him in 2020? Keep 3 QBs? I assume he wouldnt make it to the PS?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen numerous mocks with him well into round one. Not sure why this is the “practical” answer unless you’re advocating a monster trade.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's the definition of boom-bust prospect, all the talent in the world, yet I've almost never seen him go past his first read successfully.

Doesn't seem like the type of prospect that Pace can afford to hitch his wagon to after Mitch. Also likely gone (my guess to a team that is already good and can take a chance on him) before the Bears pick.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think job security will play a huge role in what they do with the qb position. If there is a playoff or you get fired ultimatum they aren’t drafting a qb project. If they have that job security I could see them drafting a developmental player and being patient.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By draft day, Eason will be out of reach. I think he's the 3rd qb taken and 5 go in the 1st round. We could trade all our picks and possibly still not have enough to get Eason. We'll be looking at guys like Gordon if at all.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how is this a practical answer when the Bears have no 1st round picks? how do you suggest they get him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Laurence Holmes from the bears talk show said he heard from ppl that were in Kansas City with Nagy and they said they saw his QB board and he had Mahomes and Watson ranked ahead of him. Nagy deserves to get to pick a QB. I hope he picks Eason.

Eason and Mahomes both have arm talent you can't teach.
But he still would have taken him if the others were gone. Also, Nagy had other offers but still chose to join Mitch.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think some team is going to fall in love with his arm, because it is something that not all QBs have.

So if Eason is still available towards the end of the first round, do you armchair GMs trade up to get him?

Teams do look at this as an option more so than trading up to the top of the 2nd round, because it will give you the 5th year option.

My opinion - If they like him as a developmental project (for god sake let him learn for a year), stay put and if he is available at 43 you take him. I think we are in a good situation for Eason, because Trubisky will very likely be the starter next year and that would put no pressure on Eason so he can learn the playbook and work on technique.

The only issue is that Trubisky, while fairly durable, has had injuries that take him out of the game for a couple weeks every year. If you draft a QB in the second round, he will very likely have to be the back-up. This may throw him in the fire before he is ready.

After seeing another QB make the difference in a SuperBowl, I would like to see the Bears try something, and go in the opposite direction of what they did when they took Trubisky. They need to take a shot on a boom or bust guy with a big arm. Cutler scared the FO when they drafted Trubisky and they took the perceived safe pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is he piratical enough to trade up for?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
By draft day, Eason will be out of reach. I think he's the 3rd qb taken and 5 go in the 1st round. We could trade all our picks and possibly still not have enough to get Eason. We'll be looking at guys like Gordon if at all.

I would trade quite a bit for Burrow and only Burrow in this draft. No way i take the chance on Tua with as serious a injury as his hip injury was for a QB. I'd give up picks and certain players to get Burrow and to get Lawrence next year.

I'd even give the thought of selling off players this offseason and throwing next season to have a shot at getting Lawrence but that's taking a hell of a chance cause there will be other teams doing the same thing and some that won't win 2 games without actually trying to lose.

I wouldn't for any other player in this draft, maybe Herbert but not close to as much as i'd give up for Burrow.