CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
How many Bears QBs have left the team and played better for the next team?
All it has to do with is the Bears picking the wrong free agent QB or drafting the wrong QB over the last 100 years. It has nothing to do with anything else. The Bears will have 2-3 new faces at QB in training camp.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

Get the guy with the most arm talent in the draft. Let Nagy prove his worth.
lol! The comparison to Mahomes is laughable. Go look at Mahomes highlight tape from his last season and then watch this again and have a good laugh. The Bears aren't drafting this guy and I dont see them drafting a QB in the 2nd round. Drafting a QB does nothing but set us back even further than Scrubisky already has.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't for any other player in this draft, maybe Herbert but not close to as much as i'd give up for Burrow.
On Herbert:
"For the NFL, Herbert needs to improve in his field vision and at working through his progressions. His college offense often has him throwing to his first target or only focusing on one side of the field. Still, there is no doubt that Herbert has the skill set to start on Sundays and possesses plenty of upside to develop."

Sounds like Scrubisky 2.o

msadows

Liked Posts:
lol! The comparison to Mahomes is laughable. Go look at Mahomes highlight tape from his last season and then watch this again and have a good laugh. The Bears aren't drafting this guy and I dont see them drafting a QB in the 2nd round. Drafting a QB does nothing but set us back even further than Scrubisky already has.

Huh? What?

Did you watch mahomes in college? Serious question. Because the guy you saw on Saturday's is not the same guy you're seeing in the NFL on sundays.

Eason literally has the same exact weaknesses as mahomes did entering the NFL. Mahomes put up better numbers, as is expected of anyone in an Air raid offense.

I won't be shocked if the combine jumps him up to a first round pick. This guy was the #1 QB prospect just a couple years back.

I'm not saying he is the next mahomes, or that he will even be an NFL starter. What I'm saying is for once I'd love to draft the QB with the most arm talent in the draft and bank on developing that.

coolio

Liked Posts:
There is absolutely no way that Pace would draft Lawrence.

He'd find the QB equivalent of Dragan Tarlac. Hell he might even hire a Medium to communicate with Jerry Krause to figure it out.
How many Bears QBs have left the team and played better for the next team?

It must be the water in Halas Hall, because I was told the Bears would ruin every hall of fame talent that walked through here

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Huh? What?

Did you watch mahomes in college? Serious question. Because the guy you saw on Saturday's is not the same guy you're seeing in the NFL on sundays.

Eason literally has the same exact weaknesses as mahomes did entering the NFL. Mahomes put up better numbers, as is expected of anyone in an Air raid offense.

I won't be shocked if the combine jumps him up to a first round pick. This guy was the #1 QB prospect just a couple years back.

I'm not saying he is the next mahomes, or that he will even be an NFL starter. What I'm saying is for once I'd love to draft the QB with the most arm talent in the draft and bank on developing that.
I did see Mahomes in college and I was one of the few that said fuck the "experts" take Mahomes!!! Not sure who you saw in college but outside of cleaning up a few things Mahomes is the guy I expected him to be although not tot the level he has performed. The dude made some unbelievable throws in college regardless of the offense he was in and he did it behind a poor Oline.
I do like Eason but what worries me most is he had a lot of time to throw this season and shouldve put up bigger numbers. A few times I seen him under pressure and he didn't look very good at all. The guy I do like for the Bears and should be there in the 4th or 5th is that kid out of Utah State Jordan Love. This kid is flying under the radar and im really interested to see how his combine goes. I think hes a guy you take and put him on a bench for a couple of years and let him learn. Strong arm, accuracy and great touch. His biggest problem is going through progressions and he hasn't been exposed to high level defensive schemes that could really challenge him. I think with NFL coaching and in the right situation he could be the steal of this draft. Hes basically a 6`3 version of Russell Wilson.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I did see Mahomes in college and I was one of the few that said fuck the "experts" take Mahomes!!! Not sure who you saw in college but outside of cleaning up a few things Mahomes is the guy I expected him to be although not tot the level he has performed. The dude made some unbelievable throws in college regardless of the offense he was in and he did it behind a poor Oline.
I do like Eason but what worries me most is he had a lot of time to throw this season and shouldve put up bigger numbers. A few times I seen him under pressure and he didn't look very good at all. The guy I do like for the Bears and should be there in the 4th or 5th is that kid out of Utah State Jordan Love. This kid is flying under the radar and im really interested to see how his combine goes. I think hes a guy you take and put him on a bench for a couple of years and let him learn. Strong arm, accuracy and great touch. His biggest problem is going through progressions and he hasn't been exposed to high level defensive schemes that could really challenge him. I think with NFL coaching and in the right situation he could be the steal of this draft. Hes basically a 6`3 version of Russell Wilson.

Jordan Love was like the best QB at the senior bowl. No way he even drops to second round now in my opinion

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMHO, mental ability and calm presence/escapability in collapsing pockets & pressure is far more important than a 10/10 arm talent. Mahommes has both. Hard to find & hard to develop.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for QB room this offseason. 1 cheap vet + 1 late pick I figure. Draft a better QB earlier in 21 for a legit backup/developmental project with real upside. 2020 will just be filler with too many immediate holes assuming MT10 is at least still startable, which contrary to media & meatball opinion, he is. Must fix OL, TE, etc. asap or fans will riot.

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
What? Nagy came from Reid. Im not a Bears fan and lets say MAhomes wouldnt be everything he has done in KC. You are talking still a star. Trubs is literally a moron. He cant read through his progressions. That isnt Nagy. Thats him sucking at his job. Grow up ya weirdo
Totally disagree with everything you said except the weirdo part.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I’m just curious, who do you think hires the people who evaluate FA talent and make draft *pics* too?
They hire professional experienced sports people that come highly reconmended by other highly experienced sports people. They don't hire old friends or cousin Bobby. They spend money freely and want to win as much as us. I don't know why it does not work out but they seem like good owners that stay out of the way and never embarrass the city or team.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Love is not flying under the radar. Experts have Love going early in the first round.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Love is not flying under the radar. Experts have Love going early in the first round.

There really isnt any QB that is flying under the radar in the early rounds in this draft.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Apparently someone has a model that will predict NFL QB success 88% of the time. Their are outliers that prove the model wrong but it's quite interesting regardless. Prior to Mahomes, Cutler was the only QB with a losing college record that went on to have NFL success.

http://duelingdata.blogspot.com/2017/04/predicting-qb-success-in-nfl.html

Not surprisingly Trubisky was predicted to be a bust. Win percentage and games played seem to factor heavily in NFL success.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Wow! Possible first round? I hadn't seen much talk about him online. I guess I didnt search hard enough. I thought I had a nice sleeper pick lol

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

And that's the living hell a great player like Mahomes puts us in.

Every-fucking-body in the draft will now be "The Next Mahomes".

He has an arm like Mahomes.
He has hair like Mahomes.
He wears headbands like Mahomes.

In the same way GMs decided to create finding a TE like Gronk a modern day Manhattan Project this is now that. It will destroy draft boards, rosters and hope and dreams for a generation.

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
PACE: PLEASE DO NOT DRAFT ANY QB FROM PAC 12

Thank you

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t matter. Pace drafted trubisky then hired Nagy, trubisky can’t play in the system Nagy runs and Nagy won’t change the system to fit what trubisky can do.
once again, for the umpteenth time, the bears are hammering the square peg into the round hole and wondering why it don’t fit....stupid franchise run by stupid people with fans stupid enough to keep the money pouring in.
this franchise needs a fucking brain enema....