The problem I see with Mitchell Trubisky is this...................

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
No fans.

No fans. No boos. No expectations from anyone in the arena other than his teammates who are pulling for him and will never boo him.

Basically, the games more closely resemble a practice.... because of the lack of fans.

For a mentally weak quarterback, who even his own head coach has said "has finally gotten mentally out of his own way". This is a problem. Because this is a false equivalency. You cannot compare what he is doing now to what he did before because this is an artificial environment if you will -- a bubble of sorts.

He is now insulted from boos. Sort of like the Halas Hall tv's being turned off so that he does not ever have to hear anything negative.

What happens to him when fans start booing him again? What happens to him when fans are let back into the arena and he plays in front the rabid Chicago Bear fan base that will boo him when he screws up?

The risk is too great. He has shown that in "real" football environments with fans and all, he is a mental cream puff. The Bears cannot afford to take that risk and resign him. Also -- last point -- is he has improved against weak defensive teams - teams without their usual starters and teams toward the bottom of the rankings as far as defense goes. Not a quality defense to be found. Again, more evidence as to why we can't franchise this guy.

Listen, I hope that I am wrong and the guy leads us to a Super Bowl. We are so close now I can taste it so I am pulling for him. But short of a great run by Trubs (winning multiple games) in the playoffs against quality defenses when the pressure is on, I think we have to move on from him and draft our franchise quarterback this year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
getting benched helped his psyche. once he saw foles was even worse a lot of weight got lifted off his shoulders. <yo it's not me afterall> play loose mindset.

plus bears did good completely retooling the O line. All the plebs here who rided Leno for over half the season hasn't said a word about his turnaround. Leno and Whitehair at LG are making all the chunk runs happen.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this a fill in the blank ?

1) His deep balls suck
2) bad footwork / ball placement

He has improved:

1) Reading presnap
2) not forcing throws (mostly)
3) using his legs a bit more

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No fans.

No fans. No boos. No expectations from anyone in the arena other than his teammates who are pulling for him and will never boo him.

Basically, the games more closely resemble a practice.... because of the lack of fans.

For a mentally weak quarterback, who even his own head coach has said "has finally gotten mentally out of his own way". This is a problem. Because this is a false equivalency. You cannot compare what he is doing now to what he did before because this is an artificial environment if you will -- a bubble of sorts.

He is now insulted from boos. Sort of like the Halas Hall tv's being turned off so that he does not ever have to hear anything negative.

What happens to him when fans start booing him again? What happens to him when fans are let back into the arena and he plays in front the rabid Chicago Bear fan base that will boo him when he screws up?

The risk is too great. He has shown that in "real" football environments with fans and all, he is a mental cream puff. The Bears cannot afford to take that risk and resign him. Also -- last point -- is he has improved against weak defensive teams - teams without their usual starters and teams toward the bottom of the rankings as far as defense goes. Not a quality defense to be found. Again, more evidence as to why we can't franchise this guy.

Listen, I hope that I am wrong and the guy leads us to a Super Bowl. We are so close now I can taste it so I am pulling for him. But short of a great run by Trubs (winning multiple games) in the playoffs against quality defenses when the pressure is on, I think we have to move on from him and draft our franchise quarterback this year.
I would be fine with this scenario, but you also run the risk of the QB you want not being there and then the Bears are stuck with Foles next year. Hard pass on that. I don't think potential 'boos' is a good enough reason to just let Mitch walk in FA.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
For a mentally weak quarterback, who even his own head coach has said "has finally gotten mentally out of his own way". This is a problem.
Nagy victim blaming again. More like Nagy's career killing playcalling finally got out of his way. Same can be said for David Montgomery and the O-line. And the direction he had Cole Kmet headed.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The fans started booing him immediately after he was drafted and really never stopped. He's a victim of his draft position. Pace really screwed him by trading up to get him.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I suspect him being a good QB would have stopped the booing?

No. Mitchell being booed has absolutely nothing to do with him sucking, it's only because he was drafted #2 overall. Had the Bears just taken him at #3 booing him would be a non-issue. Damn it Pace!!!

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't the QB wear a red vest or jersey at practice? I'm guessing the fact the QB isn't wear a red vest during games this year is enough to let them know it is not a glorified practice just because the fans are not there. The biggest effect on the game with no fans in the stands is reduced home field advantage. Loud crowd noise affects the opponents on field communications and possibly extends the home teams momentum. If a QB is truly affected by the crowd booing him he probably shouldn't be playing NFL football.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem I see with Mitchell Trubisky is this.............his eyes are too small and his beard is patchy and a bit shit

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
CCS is where everyone is a professional scout and sports psychologist
If you’re that sensitive maybe you should follow Mitch lead and turn off all the tvs!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
getting benched helped his psyche. once he saw foles was even worse a lot of weight got lifted off his shoulders. <yo it's not me afterall> play loose mindset.

plus bears did good completely retooling the O line. All the plebs here who rided Leno for over half the season hasn't said a word about his turnaround. Leno and Whitehair at LG are making all the chunk runs happen.
Getting benched didn't help his psyche, just protected him from a tough part of the Bears schedule at a time when their o-line was at it's weakest.

Better o-line and threat of QB also running made for the better run game and protection any QB would profit from. Bears have done well to limit him to short/mid range pass plays. Think he could still do more with his athleticism if he wasn't so timid and ran more with purpose as other mobile Qbs do.