The problem I see with Mitchell Trubisky is this...................

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He’s the same Mitch. The only change I see is the playcalling. Short quick passes. Play action thanks to the Oline. Rolling him out so he only has to process 1/2 the field. This is Mitch’s ceiling.

He still has very pedestrian stats while this offense averaged over 30pts a game the last month while playing the worst defenses in the league.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
getting benched helped his psyche. once he saw foles was even worse a lot of weight got lifted off his shoulders. <yo it's not me afterall> play loose mindset.

plus bears did good completely retooling the O line. All the plebs here who rided Leno for over half the season hasn't said a word about his turnaround. Leno and Whitehair at LG are making all the chunk runs happen.

Leno fucking sucks. If we weren’t rolling Mitch out he’d still suck. In fact he killed the first drive 2 weeks ago when he blocked nobody on 3rd down.

I said if you rolled the QB out and went under center it would disguise the bad o line play.

Go take a geometry class bud.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He still has very pedestrian stats while this offense averaged over 30pts a game the last month while playing the worst defenses in the league.
David Montgomery has not been. 5.6 / ypc 7 TD and 15 rec 202 and 1 TD. It all goes through him, that's fine with me. Mitch can be a game manager and they can still win if they ride Monty.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Leno fucking sucks. If we weren’t rolling Mitch out he’d still suck. In fact he killed the first drive 2 weeks ago when he blocked nobody on 3rd down.

I said if you rolled the QB out and went under center it would disguise the bad o line play.

Go take a geometry class bud.

you know Leno has improved his play when this pleb has to go back 2 weeks, lul

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We're all quality control coaches at the very best.
See the source image

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Thinking he has to live up to the expectations of a #2 overall draft pick. Handling the internal pressure of a thirsty fan base and a franchise who has underperformed for so long.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Is this a fill in the blank ?

1) His deep balls suck
2) bad footwork / ball placement

He has improved:

1) Reading presnap
2) not forcing throws (mostly)
3) using his legs a bit more

Add picking up the blitz to that. That one is huge.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Mitch's fundamental weakness, or more appropriately fundamental flaw, is that he doesn't see the whole field. He gets tunnel vision that zeros in on a receiver and his defender(s). This is particularly the case with A-Rob. Against Houston, Mitch sees A-Rob beating his guy to the corner of the end zone. But he doesn't see Holtz and his defender drifting back into the same area. The result - a horrible INT. Against JAX, he sees A-Rob's defender fall down in the end zone, leaving A-Rob "open". But he doesn't see the other two receivers and three defenders in the same area that A-Rob is heading into. The result - an inexcusable INT. Its common for young QBs to have tunnel vision. Some grow out of it; some don't. Right now, Mitch is still in the latter group, and I've pretty much lost hope that he'll ever grow out of it...

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is a truly stupid take. Brought to you by the guy who started threads every time Nick Foles sucked like, "Trubisky would have sucked even worse today"

I get not liking Trubisky, but god damn. I feel like Trubisky kissed your mom's or your gf/wife's titties right in front of you or something. Maybe both... at the same time.

Some of you motherfuckers are out of your fucking minds with the Trubisky hate. Lol.

mecha

Liked Posts:
so hypothetically, if the Bears win, will that lay these discussions to rest?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope the goal posts will move like they always do and the dance will continue

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
To a degree... in that You don't cut him, you offer to pay short term, say 2 year, draft, bring in and let Mitch fight for his spot. That fight is what he would/, and perhaps, earned.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
SHould Bears win, im sure it will be "that was despite Mitch, not because of him". Nancies gonna Nance.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nope the goal posts will move like they always do and the dance will continue

I disagree with your takes and think you fanboy more than should be done, but this right here is truth for a lot of people.

Remember me when I say this here that beating GB is only one more step in redemption alongside a playoff win. But that redemption is Nagy's, not Mitch's.

I believe Mitch is a limited starter that has few pocket skills and NEEDS a strong running game, a moving pocket and simple reads. This means I absolutely think Mitch is not elite and not a good value for where he was drafted

BUT it also means I blame Nagy way more for his past struggles than his own work ethic and approaching attitude.

It was Nagy's job to scout Mitch and set him up for his best possible performance for both Mitch's sake and the sake of the whole team.

I can see Nagy betraying Mitch with a horrible gameplan / adjustment vs GB or in the playoffs or both. I hope it is not true while fearing it will be.