The problem with Cole Kmet...........

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
1. He can't move laterally AT ALL

2. He has trouble catching the ball in traffic

3. He drops the easy ones

4. Too consistent

Last night was not Brian Griese's best night. He stated Fields should have thrown the ball 3 feet to the right when throwing to Kmet in the End Zone. I was thinking, "you knew this team sucks so you didn't do your usual homework Griese.... there is NO WAY Kmet moves 3 feet to the right on that play.... when has he EVER moved laterally to the left or to the right to make a play on a ball".

Fields threw it where it had to be. If he throws it to the left, it is picked off. A little more to the right, with cement footed Kmet, that pass has no shot. It was a tough play as it was, but where he put it at least gave Kmet a chance to move forward (fall forward - Lol - something he can do) and fight for the ball. As it was, Kmet sat back and the ball got deflected..... but throwing 3 feet to the right???? Come Griese!.... I know we suck but study film.... there is NO WAY Kmet moves laterally 1 foot to get that ball let alone move 3 feet laterally to get that ball.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He catches everything with his body...hence the drop on last 4 and out, that was in his hands...he seems incapable of catching balls without his chest.

He sucks...if he can't correct this issue, we can add him to the Adam Shaheen list

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never been a big fan of Kmet, but do not trash every player on the roster to prop up Fields.

Kmet is simply an okay player. All teams have players like this.

It very well may be that Fields is just "okay."

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He catches everything with his body...hence the drop on last 4 and out, that was in his hands...he seems incapable of catching balls without his chest.

He sucks...if he can't correct this issue, we can add him to the Adam Shaheen list
It sucks. Like, catching with your body is situationally important, and we have seen plays were he uses it to his advantage. But if he cannot learn to catch with his hands, he'll never be more than a #2 TE.

It is a shame, I really want to root for him.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Politics is important to Bears culture
I don't think its politics. I think its a complete and total lack of understanding of how to evaluate talent, and translate that talent into a scheme.

I mean, they don't even know what they are doing with the damn scheme, let alone have a brain on how to figure out how to maximize the talent within it.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

4. Too consistent

Last night was not Brian Griese's best night. He stated Fields should have thrown the ball 3 feet to the right when throwing to Kmet in the End Zone. I was thinking, "you knew this team sucks so you didn't do your usual homework Griese.... there is NO WAY Kmet moves 3 feet to the right on that play.... when has he EVER moved laterally to the left or to the right to make a play on a ball".

Fields threw it where it had to be. If he throws it to the left, it is picked off. A little more to the right, with cement footed Kmet, that pass has no shot. It was a tough play as it was, but where he put it at least gave Kmet a chance to move forward (fall forward - Lol - something he can do) and fight for the ball. As it was, Kmet sat back and the ball got deflected..... but throwing 3 feet to the right???? Come Griese!.... I know we suck but study film.... there is NO WAY Kmet moves laterally 1 foot to get that ball let alone move 3 feet laterally to get that ball.

The problem with Cole Kmet...........​

....Is that he's just not very good at tackle football.

I do appreciate the analysis, however.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
It sucks. Like, catching with your body is situationally important, and we have seen plays were he uses it to his advantage. But if he cannot learn to catch with his hands, he'll never be more than a #2 TE.

It is a shame, I really want to root for him.

Yeah, I think he can make a home for himself as a blocking TE - nothing more. He is a tough kid who I think we were all rooting for. Right now they are trying to use him like Gronk or Kelce but those guys are superior athletes to Kmet -- even as goofy as Gronk might seem sometimes, for his height, he is a very good athlete.... and both of those guys have really good hands. All things Kmet simply cannot do.

I hope he can prove me wrong but I have pretty much given up on him in the passing game --- he is too limited.... and every time he gives you something he takes it back. Far too inconsistent.

Horsted can be a real weapon....

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think its politics. I think its a complete and total lack of understanding of how to evaluate talent, and translate that talent into a scheme.

I mean, they don't even know what they are doing with the damn scheme, let alone have a brain on how to figure out how to maximize the talent within it.
I guess we differ. Jesper is perfect for Matt Nagy's garbage scheme and has a connection with Fields.. ...yet because KMET was our top pick and Graham is getting paid...we can't put him out there.

Nagy issue is he forces players into a scheme rather than use their strengths so they can shine

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess we differ. Jesper is perfect for Matt Nagy's garbage scheme and has a connection with Fields.. ...yet because KMET was our top pick and Graham is getting paid...we can't put him out there.

Nagy issue is he forces players into a scheme rather than use their strengths so they can shine

Or we just define politics differently - although maybe we do differ because I just think Nagy is a stubborn idiot.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyway , on Kmet, he's ok. We will have a new GM soon who isn't tied to Kmet's draft status, and Kmet is ok as a team's 2nd tight end. He's the kind of player you can worry about replacing when you are loaded everywhere else....

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, I think he can make a home for himself as a blocking TE - nothing more. He is a tough kid who I think we were all rooting for. Right now they are trying to use him like Gronk or Kelce but those guys are superior athletes to Kmet -- even as goofy as Gronk might seem sometimes, for his height, he is a very good athlete.... and both of those guys have really good hands. All things Kmet simply cannot do.

I hope he can prove me wrong but I have pretty much given up on him in the passing game --- he is too limited.... and every time he gives you something he takes it back. Far too inconsistent.

Horsted can be a real weapon....
Gronk plays like a gorilla so I dont fault Kmet for not putting up stats like him.

I love Horsted but I think he is destined for Kmet's same fate - a guy who can play well as a #2 TE simply because he isnt asked to be a focal point in the offense.

How much of this is on Nagy for stitching together an incomprehensible system that wants Kmet to play like a generational athlete?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

4. Too consistent

In other words..He Sucks!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I'd imagine pride and ego are big factors, too.

Pace's pride/ego about the player he drafted in Kmet.

Nagy's pride/ego because I'd bet he told Pace "I can use anybody in my offense, anybody, no problem."

Insert Cole Kmet and Jimmy Graham

"So, Matt, these big expensive Tight Ends I got you, how do you plan on using them?"

LOUD CRICKET CHIRPING

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

It is most definitely politics. Kmet is high round pick and Graham is getting paid, so they play regardless of talent.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesper Horsted is better than Cole Kmet.

Lmao. Never change ccs.