Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could it be worse? Well, certainly it could be worse but that's not a reason to keep someone around in that position.

Almost everyone on this team now is a product of Ryan Pace's assessment and acquisition. He can't blame any of this on Emery anymore. When you are given six years to produce a viable product and you don't, well, you get canned. Or at least you should.

Defensively this team is pretty good, possibly dominant. But the Bears have had dominant teams with no offense in the past. No one remembers those teams except for some of us old timers who remember the Bob Avellini and Vince Evans. I would say right now the combo of Foles and Trubisky is about the same as Avellini and Evans and our offensive output is about the same. The only difference is that we don't have Walter Payton on this team to help us out.

You are paid to put winning teams on the field. He has had one winning team and one .500 team and doubtfully another .500 this year. There is no good reason to keep him here. None.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
QBs that Pace has acquired in his tenure:
Mike Glennon
Mitch Trubisky
Chase Daniels
Nick Foles

Coaches that Pace has hired in his tenure:
John Fox
Matt Nagy

So yeah he drafted roquan, jaylon and goldman. He acquired Mack and Hicks. Those are great moves but are far outweighed but the moves above.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In the last 20 years under Teddy the value of the Bears franchise went from 600 million to 3.5 billion. What the McCaskey family deems success vs what the fans think apparently is not the same.

Teddy had nothing (or little) to do with that. Has any NFL team lost value or held even value during that time?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
You missed the point.

We have a GM that can do half the job. Pace has proven he can build a defense. My point is maybe we should see if there's a way to help him with the part he's failing at.

It's do that or pray the McCaskey family get's good at hiring..... something they have never been able to do before.

A GM that can't pick a QB is a bad GM and he should be fired.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry dude this team fucking sucks and everyone sees it and you make a thread saying don’t try to right the ship because it might get worse. I’m not trying to be a dick. I realize the Bears have done this to your mind

You didn't pay attention. I'm saying keep what IS working.... and see if there is a way to fix what ISN'T working. You get rid of Pace and you get rid of the one part of this team that's working.

I'm asking is there a way to improve the offensive scouting? Get a better head coach? Take a chance on drafting another QB.

Of course things need to change.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the last 20 years under Teddy the value of the Bears franchise went from 600 million to 3.5 billion. What the McCaskey family deems success vs what the fans think apparently is not the same.

That has nothing to do with the quality product put on the field and more to the change in demographics of owners in the NFL, and in sports in General. The Cubs were worth 287 Mil in 2000 according to Statista and now worth 3.2 billion. Now they have won the world series which probably helps but the value went up almost six times before 2014, when the team was still very much a sub .500 team.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t lose sleep over pace getting axed. He did build a SB caliber D. If only 1 had to go it’s Nagy by a mile

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
You didn't pay attention. I'm saying keep what IS working.... and see if there is a way to fix what ISN'T working. You get rid of Pace and you get rid of the one part of this team that's working.

I'm asking is there a way to improve the offensive scouting? Get a better head coach? Take a chance on drafting another QB.

Of course things need to change.
This team trades away draft picks every year and he ignores giant holes. I’ve been told watching football since I was a kid that the game starts in the trenches. This Oline is complete fucking trash and he didn’t draft a single one. He drafted a tight end with his top pick who doesn’t play. He’s drafted or signed several shitty quarterbacks and missed on probowlers and hall of famers. Head coach performance also falls on the GM. He’s fucking bad. Jerry Angelo also drafted and signed several incredible players

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
As bad as it is now..... it can ALWAYS be worse. Probably not the best time for this conversation after a loss, but I'll try.

Right now we have half a team. But it's a playoff half a team.

We also have half a team that's the worst at it's job in the NFL.

So before you fire Pace do you really want to let George and Friends try to hire another GM? THERE ARE ZERO GUARANTEES HE HIRES A BETTER GM! In fact it's very likely they hire a WORSE GM. The McCaskeys aren't good at this folks!

At least with Pace you have a guy who can get you half way there. Is there a way to improve him so he does better on offense? Can they hire some scouts that specialize in QB's and Oline? Can they mandate that Pace ditch the BPA strategy and actually take a chance on drafting a QB for once? (other than DSM) Is there an experienced head coach available with an eye towards offensive talent?

I know it's tempting to just blow the whole thing up. And that's the right move if you have ownership that knows what it's doing. We don't have that.

I won't shed any tears if Pace goes after this season. Just remember though..... it can ALWAYS get worse. Be careful what you wish for.
This is a pussy ass, cowardly way of thinking. "Oh no, we might hire somebody worse!" So what?!

We know what Pace is and it's not good enough.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is a pussy ass, cowardly way of thinking. "Oh no, we might hire somebody worse!" So what?!

We know what Pace is and it's not good enough.

Another meatball calling me a pussy. ?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You simply cannot allow a GM, on the final year of his contract, to allocate massive draft capital on the next QB of the future and hire the next head coach.

What HC candidate would even accept a job from a GM on the final year of his contract?

The only way to keep Pace while getting rid of Nagy is by extending Pace at the end of the season. And that would not be a good look if the Bears swoon dive continues.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You simply cannot allow a GM, on the final year of his contract, to allocate massive draft capital on the next QB of the future and hire the next head coach.

What HC candidate would even accept a job from a GM on the final year of his contract?

The only way to keep Pace while getting rid of Nagy is by extending Pace at the end of the season. And that would not be a good look if the Bears swoon dive continues.

I agree with all of this and it’s why I expect Pace to be fired. If Pace were to stay on you’d have to extend him to match the new coach.

I simply have zero faith in the McCaskey family to get this right. We will most likely end up with a GM that can’t fix the offense and ends up fucking up the defense too.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has to go. No question.

Why? Look at the oline play and look at what had gone on for 5 weeks.

"We like the guys we got" is the reason.

You don't make moves to shore up your line immediately, nor do you try to really address you DT opting out. Other teams with more success made moves in the past 5 weeks while you stand pat.

I won't go into the draft moves because it's a dead Watson/Mahommes horse.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with all of this and it’s why I expect Pace to be fired. If Pace were to stay on you’d have to extend him to match the new coach.

I simply have zero faith in the McCaskey family to get this right. We will most likely end up with a GM that can’t fix the offense and ends up fucking up the defense too.

I actually think that Pace/Nagy will regain just enough footing with the team down the stretch to save their jobs for another season.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

They're going to lose out.

OL was shit to begin with. Then they were shit + ravaged by injuries. Even if Nagy was Bill Walsh he still wouldn't win.