The Problem With Firing Pace

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
it’s incredible that some fans have completely shredded his rap sheet because of a draft pick where everything had to fall in the bears favor just so Pace could once again trade a bunch of picks to make the selection.

I love fields. I’m really excited about him. But in no way does the fields pick change the facts surrounding Pace’s resume as the Bears GM. He shouldn’t have even been around to make this pick.

But at least now there’s hope with Pace because of Fields.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pace still sucks. I think fields will be good but pace wont be the guy that can build around him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not that you want to hire a novice that grows into the position, but the last draft and this one by Pace appear to be very solid to potentially special. That along with what appears to be his grasp of the OL woes and needs are encouraging. He still tends to grasp for to many worn out veterans(JG, AD, NF), but it would be so Bears to fire him just as he figures it out.

Now he just needs to get the bks to lay down the law and /or fire a coach deserving of that fate sooner rather than later.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with Pace is that he's had to use draft capital and valuable cap space to cover up the big mistakes he's made both at the top of the draft and via free agency.

This covering up of these mistakes led directly to releasing Fuller and putting this team in cap hell.

-Even the Fields pick, good as it was, was only necessary because Pace passed up on two Hall of Fame trajectory quarterbacks in 2017.

-The huge-money/low-production Robert Quinn signing was a direct result of missing on the Leonard Floyd pick.

-Pace gave $17+ million to a 700-total-yards-a-season running back who can't play running back (As much as I love Cohen's skill set, he's a man without a position and doesn't actually give you much real production.)

-As much as Jimmy Graham was a pleasant surprise, his $10 million cap hit is uncalled for. The Bears weren't battling anyone for his services, and that signing was only necessary because of the Shaheen debacle. Now that's yet another contract that's hampering the Bears.

-Pace's penchant for ignoring the offensive line may now come to a head now that they finally have a good, young quarterback who could be a star. I'm grateful for the Jenkins and Borom picks, but the O-Line remains a glaring weakness that should've been addressed much sooner.

Not everything is Pace's fault, and he has also done some good stuff. But his flaws have hampered the Bears in ways that can't be denied. I don't even know how one could argue that he's not at least a below average GM.
Great post.

I would only add the boob he hired for HC.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it’s incredible that some fans have completely shredded his rap sheet because of a draft pick where everything had to fall in the bears favor just so Pace could once again trade a bunch of picks to make the selection.

I love fields. I’m really excited about him. But in no way does the fields pick change the facts surrounding Pace’s resume as the Bears GM. He shouldn’t have even been around to make this pick.

But at least now there’s hope with Pace because of Fields.
The thing is Pace is not perfect like fans wants him to be, but if you look around the league he is still at least average or above. Yes he missed on the 2016 draft he had Trubisky #1 and Mahomes #2 he sided with the majority who also had Trubisky #1. He missed out on the K white after A Cooper was taken. If you look at what he started with and where we are now, it's not bad. Yes, it could of been sooner but it is we have finally arrived and if you don't see it yet then look around. We are a solid team and ready to take the next step.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is weak. Other coaches around the league know they went 12-4 year 1 then regressed considerably 2 years in a row and backed into the playoffs the last year because they added a playoff spot.
Weak? He’s 28-20 with two playoff appearances. So what are you telling a prospective hire when he asks you about expectations in his first three years? Especially if it’s a coach with options.

A good agent would expect a definitive answer from ownership.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Weak? He’s 28-20 with two playoff appearances. So what are you telling a prospective hire when he asks you about expectations in his first three years? Especially if it’s a coach with options.

A good agent would expect a definitive answer from ownership.
I'd tell him to finish 12-4 in the 3rd year not the 1st with someone else's roster and riding the defenses coattails as an offensive coach

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The thing is Pace is not perfect like fans wants him to be, but if you look around the league he is still at least average or above. Yes he missed on the 2016 draft he had Trubisky #1 and Mahomes #2 he sided with the majority who also had Trubisky #1. He missed out on the K white after A Cooper was taken. If you look at what he started with and where we are now, it's not bad. Yes, it could of been sooner but it is we have finally arrived and if you don't see it yet then look around. We are a solid team and ready to take the next step.
Even in 2016 he walked away with Goldman and Amos and he did that before having a chance to install his team of scouts and personnel executives.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is so tiresome. Pace defenders keep saying this, yet i keep asking for proof of someone asking him to be perfect, and no one will show me.

Guys, the rest of the football world isn't wrong about Pace. Give it a rest.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Pace is bad! How do you not see this?!?

He owns the worst offense in the league.
He owns the oldest defense in the league.

He owns a terrible cap situation.
He owns a very limited draft capital
Pace has built this team to lose.

It’s hard to believe he came from the Saints.. not the Shanghai Tiger cats

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I’m pretty certain a new GM would try to push Fields out and get “his guy” these guys have huge egos even the good GMs

so I think Pace is the worst GM in the league but for now he should only be fired if Nagy or someone internal assumes the reigns.. to protect Fields.

If Fields goes sicko mode I would give Nagy the promotion

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is so tiresome. Pace defenders keep saying this, yet i keep asking for proof of someone asking him to be perfect, and no one will show me.

I'm kind of tired about people bitching about pace with out any substance. I don't want to hear about his drafts with out comparing him to his peers.

Okay give me examples of better GMs that took over horrible teams?

Or even how would you rank the GMs in our division?

How do you rank him out of the last 4 Bears GMs?

Who are the top 4 GMs in the NFL that were hired after Pace?

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

His peers have already awarded him Executive of the Year honors. So were they right or wrong? That carries more weight than media members looking for clicks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

This dude would shit on Pace right after a super bowl win.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Wait, so because you guys claim that we think Pace needs to be perfect, now i need to start counting off GMs that take over horrible teams? ha, yeah. I'll get right on that, sir. Also, where was this Pace defense a week ago?

His peers have already awarded him Executive of the Year honors. So were they right or wrong? That carries more weight than media members looking for clicks.
They were right and that would be a great point if the year of 2018 defined the entire tenure of Ryan Pace. Do you guys even know what you're talking about anymore?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Those awards dont mean shit. Dick jauron who is a shitty coach won coach of the year.
We're getting real close to the point where i cant even argue with these guys anymore. They live in a different reality than everyone else. Completely deluded. Also im really happy about Fields and i would like to stop being miserable about this team.