The RB Position

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We know that we will draft a new RB.....

Me thinks Pace might move up if he he has as much wood for Darrel Henderson (Memphis) as I do....there are a number of good options here in this Draft....Nagy and Pace are working overtime on this...

Do we still bring in a Vet RB at Pace's price?!

T.J. Yeldon or Spencer Ware top my list...edge to Ware due to scheme fit and familiarity to Nagy's Offense...

I think we lose "Smoke" Mizzell....and probably Benny Cunningham.

.....though Cunningham is a quality Locker Room guy....Davis should cover both roles and snaps need to be freed up for the Draft pick.

Nall?!

Nagy could get creative with him as an H-back or receiving TE....we should find out if he can play at an NFL level soon enough....if not....he will be a quick exit from the PS....

But we don't know the Bears will draft a HB.

Its a good bet that we will, but it isn't certain. We DO know that if Pace falls in love with a player, he will move around on draft day to get him tho. But there has to be someone he loves, and that has been really unpredictable in the past. Pace is kind of a wildcard in the draft.

And there will be other opportunities to find guys before TC besides the draft.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
FWIW...they had the replay of the Seahawks/Rams game last year. Davis looked like what probably is a Nagy back...big/agile/catch. Can he hold up for a whole season? That's probably the biggest question mark

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you still have to factor in when David Johnson gets here...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
FWIW...they had the replay of the Seahawks/Rams game last year. Davis looked like what probably is a Nagy back...big/agile/catch. Can he hold up for a whole season? That's probably the biggest question mark
We will be using a RBBC, so it's much more likely all our RBs stay healthy. We aren't looking for that feature/workhorse RB like Howard needed to be..

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think we'll move up for a RB. I don't think we'll take a RB in the 3rd either. We'll see.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
But we don't know the Bears will draft a HB.

Its a good bet that we will, but it isn't certain. We DO know that if Pace falls in love with a player, he will move around on draft day to get him tho. But there has to be someone he loves, and that has been really unpredictable in the past. Pace is kind of a wildcard in the draft.

And there will be other opportunities to find guys before TC besides the draft.

Got a feelin' that Pace is gonna back a bus up and fill it with UDFAs for Training Camp?!

napo55

Liked Posts:
I don't think we'll move up for a RB. I don't think we'll take a RB in the 3rd either. We'll see.
I agree, unless Darrell Henderson or Miles Sanders are there at 87.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

They might pass on one in the 3rd, but I'd be shocked if they did the same jn the 4th. Tons of value in that range at the position, and they definitely need a back.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Mike Davis was pretty prolific last season in Seattle with his 4.6 YPC. He is also a better pass catcher than Howard and a decent pass blocker form what I have read. I think he may end up being the best signing the Bears have made this off-season.

I can see him getting 220 carries as the lead dog and holding off any rookie we bring in.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, unless Darrell Henderson or Miles Sanders are there at 87.

They might pass on one in the 3rd, but I'd be shocked if they did the same jn the 4th. Tons of value in that range at the position, and they definitely need a back.

Yes, Sanders in 3rd you take. Henderson too, I guess. Will be interesting to see what RBs are in 4th.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
By getting rid of the least efficient member of it, it got worse?

That is like saying I got rid of the flat tire on my car and now it drives worse.

They are also not done adding to it.

It just might...
20030317.gif

Waetchter

Liked Posts:
Mike Davis - 468
Tarik Cohen - 0
Cordarrelle Patterson - 0
Taylor Gabriel - 0 (do 2pt conversions count as official rushing attempts?)
Benny Cunningham - 0

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Davis fits this O better than what we had but I think Nagy still wants a guy that is both efficient and can create in the same back. Cohen leaves yards on the field even though he makes some incredible runs. Davis is an effective runner under any scheme but also could have more wiggle.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Benny's Lookin' for work....

Per Rotoworld:

BENNY CUNNINGHAM
RB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent RB Benny Cunningham will visit the Jaguars this week.
The Jaguars are also hosting Alfred Blue on Monday as they look to shore up the depth chart behind Leonard Fournette. Cunningham was more of a special teamer than an option on offense during his two seasons with the Bears, but he can do a job as a third-down and change-of-pace back along with helping out on special teams.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Apr 1, 2019, 9:10 AM

Clearing room for carries .....Him n' Smoke look to be gone....no idea as to what they have in store for Nall....

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The Bears had 468 rushing attempts last season and I would expect that to hold or even have a slight reduction as Mitchell improves

The question now is how does it get split up [2018 carries in this offense]

Mike Davis

Tarik Cohen [99]

Draft Pick

Cordarelle Patterson

Other WRs [16]

QB [19 called runs]

4th RB [Mizzell, Cunningham, Nall] [20]

Random Craziness [Hicks, Burton] [2]
Would love to see Mike Davis get the same number of touches that Howard got last season......then go from there.