The real issue with the Chicago Bears.....long read.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
We can sit here and blame players, coaches, GM's owners, but the bottom line is, in 1986 the Bears started making moves, like allowing Michael to be the GM, letting guys like Marshall walk, making an announcement of a new HC (McGinnis) and he turns around the next day and never takes the job because he was never offered it,etc,. And ever so slowly this organisation started to slip it's way into mediocrity with the way they were doing things.

Yes we were to a SB some years back, and it was a game that could have been won, but as typical with mediocrity you find every reason to fail, allowing your D corr to interview for HC jobs prior to the SB, no one does that. Or forcing a first round draft pick RB into a game when Jones was tearing it up, or letting a double digit lead get squandered by throwing the ball in a monsoon when you were beating them running. By not letting your D corr run his style of defense because you did not see eye to eye with him. Thats mediocrity at work.

For 12 years we watched Farve beat us like a drum, running up scores game after game, and making Holloween night in Chicago something really scarry. Now for the past several years we see this next generation of Packers celibrate Championships and division titles in Solder Filed like it is their god given right. I'm not sure if there is anything that they (the Chicago Bears) can do to reverse it any more. When you are mediocre you will make some good moves, but you always end up making more bad ones that end up offsetting anything positive you have done.

The Chicago Cubs are a laugh of a professional sports organization, to ever feel like they will win a baseball title is more laughable then they are as a sports organization. Are the Bears headed that way? My hope is no, but my gut tells me otherwise. Yes I know we give them all (Trestman, Emry) another year to draft and develop thier systems, but honestly, some of the stuff I witnessed this year makes me wonder. You make a real attempt at fixing an offense only to watch the complete colapse of a defense and ST units that were the strengths of this team forever, injuries you say, yes in part, but how do you explain a punter that has been shagging punts all season only to watch him be allowed to do it in the biggest game of the year. You make statements about not negotiating contracts during the season, then you turn around and make two signings just before the season ends. It is maddennig as a fan to watch this stuff go on, but you put your faith in the people making the decissions, then you agonize at the ending of a game like this, which is the results of the decissions made by the people you are trusting.

I'm in a weird mood tonight, and no I don't drink. I was sick at first when that game ended. I have not listened to any radio talk shows, or ESPN TV, but I think I am starting to come to terms as to what the Bears are, and probably will always be, a mediocre organization that will never be able to put all the pieces together. I'm not here trying to piss on them (Bears), or any fans, it's just not worth the emotion anymore to do that, if you really look at it, people call names and fight on here not because they are right or wrong, it is because they are frustrated. The Chicago Bears have drained me, I guess to have any type of emotional attachment to something you have zero control over is not smart.

I don't think that this team would have gone far even if they won tonight. But I do think this team lost more then a game tonight.

I want to end this with one statement to Mark Trestman, if you did not think that rivalries matter, I hope you take the pulse of your fan base after this loss.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
we lost a lot of division games this year

But all in all I think the outlook of Bears fandom today is hopeful. The one thing you need in todays NFL is a great offense and we have that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
we lost a lot of division games this year

But all in all I think the outlook of Bears fandom today is hopeful. The one thing you need in todays NFL is a great offense and we have that.

Its easier to fix a defense than it is to have a top 5 offense. If healthy next year, we will be unstoppable on Offense. Fix the C position and get more depth on the Oline.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Once you mentioned the Cubs I stopped reading, hopefully someone else will summarize your story, and btw I'm a cubs fan.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
We can only grow from this. Trestman will make smarter decisions next season.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
Not bringing back Urlacher was a stupid political move within the organization. Bad leadership = bad product. But, the arrow is definitely pointing upward.