The Reason WHY THIBBS MUST GO!!!!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lebron is giving the Bulls a taste of their own medicine. When Jordan was hogging all the Championships I am more than sure that this is how the rest of the NBA felt.

Just for a little perspective, I do not think Lebron is as good as Jordan. I believe the teams Jordan had to defeat were better.

At least in the eastern conf this is true IMO.
That's debatable in the 2nd three-peat. Beyond the 95-96 Magic, whom Jordan swept, there was never really a team that good in the East.

The Knicks were not at the greatest by that time, the Pacers in 97-98 are pretty comparable to today's teams. And the Alonzo Mourning/Tim Hardaway Heat teams never accomplished anything. The league is much like it is today.. the west beat each other up while the East had 1-2 dominant teams.

I'd even say in 1993, there's only 1 formible opponent for the Bulls in the East in the New York Knicks. The Cavs were the 3 seed and were nothing to write home about really then. The Celtics were the 4th seed, Bird had retired and were otherwise pretty dead in the water.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it just nostalgia that makes me feel that it was a tougher league back then.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that we need a new coach.

My question is this, do you guys actually think a different coach would have meant a better outcome? I mean at some point the team has a ceiling based on their skill.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
the answer is hell yes. Maybe a different coach would start a better line-up. Maybe run a better offense. Maybe hold guys accountable when they make mistakes. Maybe PLAY YOUR ENTIRE TALENT ON THE TEAM SO U CAN EVALUATE IF THEY CAN PLAY. Maybe show show some confidence in players so that they are ready to contribute at a moments notice. Maybe ONCE YELL AT ONE OF YOUR STAR PLAYER'S. ONE TIME!!! Maybe fix most of these issues like way earlier in the regular season instead of sweeping things under a rug. Maybe coach during PRACTICE so u don't have to stand up barking from the sideline the entire game. How about teach. It's ok to correct your players when they do things wrong its called coaching.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
the answer is hell yes. Maybe a different coach would start a better line-up. Maybe run a better offense. Maybe hold guys accountable when they make mistakes. Maybe PLAY YOUR ENTIRE TALENT ON THE TEAM SO U CAN EVALUATE IF THEY CAN PLAY. Maybe show show some confidence in players so that they are ready to contribute at a moments notice. Maybe ONCE YELL AT ONE OF YOUR STAR PLAYER'S. ONE TIME!!! Maybe fix most of these issues like way earlier in the regular season instead of sweeping things under a rug. Maybe coach during PRACTICE so u don't have to stand up barking from the sideline the entire game. How about teach. It's ok to correct your players when they do things wrong its called coaching.

So the coach that is known for getting everything out of his players failed at doing that? How many teams under Thibs coaching over achieved? We lost to better teams. I think this year was closer talent wise than previous teams, but the Cavs were (are) a better team.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Cavs are a better team when Love and Irving are healthy and playing. Bulls got beat by a bunch of scrubs and Lebron. Inexcusable and reflects bigger problems within the organization that need to be addressed now, or the Bulls will be heading back to the dark ages relatively soon.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Before the Bulls had hired Thibbs i had said that i would have went with Doug Collin's. He wanted the job and wanted this to be his last coaching job. He loves and understands Chicago. He had wanted to redeem himself from his coaching mistakes that he made in his youth. Some people would not allow the Fact that he is a FAR BETTER COACH NOW THAN WHEN HE WAS HERE BEFORE. It's called growing and getting better through time and expierience's. At the time we didn't hire him because the owner felt IF things did not work out he would have to FIRE HIS FRIEND. Yep people personal reasons, not that he was a bad coach that would have flourished with the gift of getting a talent like Rose. Because IT MIGHT NOT WORK OUT. REALLY! REALLY! The only guy that Mr Doug Collin's could not coach is Michael Jordan because he was in awe of him from their past relationship. That's it! People Jordan is retired. Collin's should have been our coach. instead of Mr stuck in his way's Thibedeau. SMH

VERY SAD PEOPLE. "YET OUR WATCH STARTS AGAIN"!!!! 2 THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW Game of Thrones

Only me

Liked Posts:
Cavs are a better team when Love and Irving are healthy and playing. Bulls got beat by a bunch of scrubs and Lebron. Inexcusable and reflects bigger problems within the organization that need to be addressed now, or the Bulls will be heading back to the dark ages relatively soon.

They have a coach we got a drill sergeant

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Before the Bulls had hired Thibbs i had said that i would have went with Doug Collin's. He wanted the job and wanted this to be his last coaching job. He loves and understands Chicago. He had wanted to redeem himself from his coaching mistakes that he made in his youth. Some people would not allow the Fact that he is a FAR BETTER COACH NOW THAN WHEN HE WAS HERE BEFORE. It's called growing and getting better through time and expierience's. At the time we didn't hire him because the owner felt IF things did not work out he would have to FIRE HIS FRIEND. Yep people personal reasons, not that he was a bad coach that would have flourished with the gift of getting a talent like Rose. Because IT MIGHT NOT WORK OUT. REALLY! REALLY! The only guy that Mr Doug Collin's could not coach is Michael Jordan because he was in awe of him from their past relationship. That's it! People Jordan is retired. Collin's should have been our coach. instead of Mr stuck in his way's Thibedeau. SMH

VERY SAD PEOPLE. "YET OUR WATCH STARTS AGAIN"!!!! 2 THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW Game of Thrones

Collins might still be interested if this roster returned mostly intact. Thibs handcuffed this team and its potential unfortunately.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Donator, that is B.S. You guy's keep adding 2 Tibb's MYTH. yes he OVER ACHIEVED WITH A RAGTAGGED HUNGRY GROUP OF ROLE PLAYERS. Also against a mentally weaker opponent(Brooklyn Net's) Soon as they played a decent team not even a real contender in Washington wizard's they got handled. This season was lost in the pre season and regular season by an INFERIOR COACH. All the issues the bulls have had all season long is a direct lack of coaching and leadership from our great coach that a lot of people have put on this pedestal.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Thank's Probie2429, I still would personally take Collin's. His HEALTH and AGE may be a factor now. As well as would he even have an interest in the madness that is Chicago.
Management and player's alike. this team could be a easy fix in the hand's of competent people. But i will'not hold my breathe.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I put him on no pedestal, but to say he is a bad coach is wrong IMO.

How many scrub benches did he turn into above average? How many players got payed, with Thibs help.

I would like to see a new coach also, but only because I think it's time to move on. Not because Thibs is all of the sudden some horrible coach.

Watch how fast he gets picked up.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
How many scrub benches did he turn into above average? How many players got payed, with Thibs help.

zero on the bench one unless you think him letting a few 5 foot point guards run ramped and do as they pleased is turning a scrub bench into a good one

first 2 years he had a excellent bench then it got torn apart and the weaker benches came and thibs relied way too much on starters...so he didn't turn terrible benches into good ones...he actually refused to use them

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
he is NOT A WINNER. yes he can plug smallish guards into our system and give them the green light 2 shoot. Some guy's on the bench had value. the G.M had something to do with them being here also. Where is the prize in that accomplishment? NOTHING!

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
He is a defensive coordinator, Not a head coach. Everyone is not meant 2 be a HEAD COACH. Took him 20 years to get this position. U can't see those Red Flags. He is the Reverse Mark Trestman!!

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So how many championshipso do the Bulls win with a different coach?

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
They kill me. So because another team see's how a coach uses a player in their system and they go out and OVER PAY THAT PLAYER 2 be on their team that is qualification 2 be a good coach. In your own post u made my point. Your word's "I would like to see a new coach also, but only because I think it's time to move on. Not because Thibs is all of the sudden some horrible coach". Why Would u just want 2 move on if he is a good coach. No one tell's a WINNING COACH ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON.