The Rebuild Projection : Updated as we go

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I don't know at what point religious intolerance becomes a hate crime but you guys are real close. fyi...

I would consider everything again about your tactics and review your own idiocy.
giphy.gif

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Keep this thread on track. Cut the religion stuff out. There's a section for all of that.

Thanks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We talk White Sox here. I don't want to watch this happen to anyone anywhere, much less a friend in our home.
It felt really fucked and I am ashamed of humanity right now.

This is what we leave to the ether, an echo of particles, radiation, and magnetism flowing outward across space time long after the sun explodes. A bunch of monkey fucks without shame or class.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep this thread on track. Cut the religion stuff out. There's a section for all of that.

Thanks.
We talk White Sox here. I don't want to watch this happen to anyone anywhere, much less a friend in our home.

This is what we leave to the ether, an echo of particles, radiation, and magnetism flowing outward across space time long after the sun explodes. A bunch of monkey fucks without shame or class.

Please keep this thread on track per Zack's direction, thanks.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

giphy.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Off-season Wish List:

1. Joe Maddon - let their failure to place blame on Epstein who has lost his competitive numbers edge...White Sox should go out and grab the true baseball mind in that dynamic. If they want to be serious, go get a serious manager who has taken low payrolls far before.

2. LHP- acquiring a strong lefty who has some leadership qualities, or at least a funny loose guy with some experience...would be great for this team on many levels. Bumgarner, Keuchel are two I trust to bring some experience and a 4ish e.r.a..

3. Re-sign McCann/Abreu - these guys are just too good for us. Maybe we can get Abreu on a 2-3 year this time with a friendly 2nd/3rd year to plan in advance of a trade teams will like in 12-20 months so the Sox can get some value back on a rental or have the flex option to ride him out. Collins inspires so little confidence that I don't see another great option beyond McCann who is a perfect White Sox club house guy. Collins defense makes me want to barf. We are a year or two away from Vaughn and the plethora of outfielders coming, so bridging that gap with Abreu/Jiminez is ideal, or rather, if we try to skip a year without Abreu I think it will go badly.

Walker, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Barube, Vaughn, Madrigal are things to look forward to. Engel might not be perfect but he can bridge the gap to the OF bats coming and not tie up money. The big thing I think is to retain Abreu long enough to get trade value back for him or insure he is around if they start to roll into the play-offs. The only reason not to sign him would be cheapness.

Their attempt to acquire Machado now makes sense in terms of covering up their ass on Tatis Jr. That tells me they might go after a 2B or SS and move Anderson to outfield, then pair their acquisition with Madrigal who I would like better at 2B anyway. But FA + Madrigal SS/2B. Then Anderson to OF, Jiminez strictly DH. Robert in RF and Engel in center.

So if we add a position player, I would expect OF or 2b/SS are the only positions we would shop around on unless no Abreu, maybe they go 1B to get through a couple years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So,

I think Abreu will just be gone. Maybe the Angels or Rays will pay him a bit to improve their club. Jiminez to 1b/DH with Vaughn 1b/DH in one more year. See what you have there. I think we kinda assume Abreu is a done deal around here but a bridge may have been crossed this season.

I'd love if they could absorb the Betts/Sale combo. That would complete the team.

1. Betts RF
2. Anderson SS (Castenellos RF)
3. Robert CF
4. Moncada 3B
5. Jiminez LF/DH/1B (Engel, defense)
6. Abreu 1b/DH
7. Vaughn 1B/DH (Rutherford/Walker LF)
8. McCann C
9. Madrigal 2B (Tatis III is coming)

They could really add anybody or retain Abreu. There is room.
Sale might be the worst contract in baseball now but its also possible he could keep pace with what Keuchel will be again.

Betts is like a Trout level player. I can't believe the Red Sox aren't going to keep him with Devers. That seems crazy to me.
Betts is a serious baseball player and makes anybody relevant for a few years. And the cost of getting to pay him is to absorb Chris Sale? A veteran lefty.

IDK...sounds like something we should at least inquire about. Give them Kopech/Lopez/Madrigal. Haha Then insert Tatis

If Betts is still and is going to be a top 5 metric god in baseball for 5 years, you know, the best way to finish a rebuild is to acquire a "best player in baseball" type. Altuve, Trout, Betts, Springer, Bregman

WAR gods.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So,

I think Abreu will just be gone. Maybe the Angels or Rays will pay him a bit to improve their club. Jiminez to 1b/DH with Vaughn 1b/DH in one more year. See what you have there. I think we kinda assume Abreu is a done deal around here but a bridge may have been crossed this season.

I'd love if they could absorb the Betts/Sale combo. That would complete the team.

1. Betts RF
2. Anderson SS (Castenellos RF)
3. Robert CF
4. Moncada 3B
5. Jiminez LF/DH/1B (Engel, defense)
6. Abreu 1b/DH
7. Vaughn 1B/DH (Rutherford/Walker LF)
8. McCann C
9. Madrigal 2B (Tatis III is coming)

They could really add anybody or retain Abreu. There is room.
Sale might be the worst contract in baseball now but its also possible he could keep pace with what Keuchel will be again.

Betts is like a Trout level player. I can't believe the Red Sox aren't going to keep him with Devers. That seems crazy to me.
Betts is a serious baseball player and makes anybody relevant for a few years. And the cost of getting to pay him is to absorb Chris Sale? A veteran lefty.

IDK...sounds like something we should at least inquire about. Give them Kopech/Lopez/Madrigal. Haha Then insert Tatis

If Betts is still and is going to be a top 5 metric god in baseball for 5 years, you know, the best way to finish a rebuild is to acquire a "best player in baseball" type. Altuve, Trout, Betts, Springer, Bregman

WAR gods.
Oh no, atrocious!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no, atrocious!

You wouldn't trade Madrigal, Kopech, and Lopez for Sale and Betts?

The point of a rebuild isn't supposed to be a cheap roster but a good team. If you have to pay somebody, you could pay Sales contract, get something out of him, bring him back for the end of his career to compete for us, lead the staff, and you get Betts.

Betts can put you over the top and carry you.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sale coming back is LOL.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You wouldn't trade Madrigal, Kopech, and Lopez for Sale and Betts?

The point of a rebuild isn't supposed to be a cheap roster but a good team. If you have to pay somebody, you could pay Sales contract, get something out of him, bring him back for the end of his career to compete for us, lead the staff, and you get Betts.

Betts can put you over the top and carry you.
Nope. First off the two combined is somewhere in the $400-600 million dollar range
Second, I think Chris Sale is used up. He'll still have great games, but he's going to be missing games do to injury each and every year.

Betts is nice, but again, looking for a pay day and he's inconsistent. I think we can ride what we have and add a guy like Nick C for less dollars and similar production. I'd rather have Cole and our specs then no specs, lose two pitchers and still have to pay a ton.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if Boston can take some of Sale's salary?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's not coming back. Remember how he cut up the jersey? The bad blood? I don't think either side wants to to try that again. They aren't going to give up any prospects anyway imo.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
McCann has one more season under control.

I wouldn't want Jose back under anything more than 2 years.

If the Cubs don't pick up Quintana's option we should sign him lol

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Yeah, I love Sale but pass. Besides Betts is entering a walk year. So i wouldn't give up controlled prospects for someone whos gonna walk after 2020.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I love Sale but pass. Besides Betts is entering a walk year. So i wouldn't give up controlled prospects for someone whos gonna walk after 2020.
Has to be a sign and trade. Boston probably knows he turned down 300 or something...the Sale contract is terrible...

Betts has to indicate he will sign with us, be allowed to work on a deal, and they have to take Sale's contract back past the point of our last offer to Sale.

Those are my two stipulations.

1. We get our own veteran lefty back at a cheaper long term price than we began with 2 years ago, not his new contract, I want him cheaper than we had him before.
2. We get to sign Betts for 300 million. More than we wanted to pay Machado, but he is better than Machado and can take us to the top.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Betts wants to test the market. He wont do a sign and trade.