The receiving battle is officially wide open...

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
With Miller gone, IMO the only real locks appear to be Robinson and Mooney, I've heard Goodwin and Byrd have looked good so far, so maybe they're locked up also, Wims could find his way on the roster just because of time served, Ridley is also an option. Anyway, that final roster spot for WRs will be interesting to see.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
proof of how bad Miller's practice prep/attitude/work habits etc must be to get traded from this list of WR's. AROB is really good, Mooney looks to be but couldn't finish his 1st season/playoffs due to injury and the rest are pretty unremarkable. Hopefully the TEs and RBs are able to make up for what looks on paper as a thin position.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
he was maybe the 5th best WR. chill lol. can find guys on the waiver wire that'll be just as good. always a few vets that sign late. yeah we need to improve overall WR talent but that'll happen next offseason i think through draft and if ARob leaves then sign a couple other guys on good deals that think could make a leap.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Danny Amendola, Kenny Stills, Larry Fitz, and Golden Tate are all still available and instant upgrades to Miller. Not sure we really need WR if we are going in the FA pool though

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Mooney, ARob, Godwin, Byrd, Newsome and Cohen. Cut Ridley and Wims.

So you think they're gonna switch Cohen over to a WR?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Alot of speed, but not much size or top end talent. Not many guys who will contest 50/50 balls and will outmuscle their opponents in the redzone. Alot of finesse and precise route runners.

I expect Damiere Byrd to emerge as a really nice option.

Im not too sure what to think about Goodwin. I like him as a person and am cheering for him, but he seems to fit the mold of over the hill speed receiver Pace loves to pick up in FA, but never works out.

Dazz Newsome is the real game changer for this group. I think he has some real good college tape and was underutilized in the UNC offense. But the key will be how quick he can learn the playbook and if he can stay healthy.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not much has changed with the dumping of Miller

Arob and Mooney are starters and should get two thirds of the recpt/yards at the wr spot

Next up is Byrd who should get the #3 spot and be in that 50 catch range if he stays healthy

Behind him getting scraps is likely Goodwin and Newsome (unless Newsome is injured/ir/redshirt or blows up at the slot and takes over for byrd)

If they keep a 6th wr is between wims (please show him the door) or Ridley or a vet cut from another team....don't expect much from a 6th wr on this roster

Bust

Liked Posts:
Mooney, ARob, Godwin, Byrd, Newsome and Cohen. Cut Ridley and Wims.

Will come down to their chemistry with Fields. Eventually Justin is going to have his favorite targets and it may not be Robinson

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Byrd and Godwin and fine as #3 and #4 wr's. No worries

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
That #6 WR will need to be primarily a ST player, and I think Wims has the best shot of being that guy...

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm most intrigued by Goodwin. The dude can play if he's healthy, which he appears to be. I've also had a sneaking suspicion that Cohen will be used more in the slot this year as well.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I would like to have a stronger 3rd WR, but the change of scenery was necessary for both parties. We need Byrd or Newsome to step up or we can just run 2 TE sets.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I'm most intrigued by Goodwin.
Dude has been in the league 8 years and only has 140 receptions. 1 good year out of 8 really.

Statistically, Byrd looks to be the one rising of the two. 32 receptions in 2019, 47 last year for 600 yards.

Realistically, they both are on 1.2 million dollar deals for a reason and are placeholders.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
proof of how bad Miller's practice prep/attitude/work habits etc must be to get traded from this list of WR's. AROB is really good, Mooney looks to be but couldn't finish his 1st season/playoffs due to injury and the rest are pretty unremarkable. Hopefully the TEs and RBs are able to make up for what looks on paper as a thin position.
I think it was that he wasn't capable of straying on task and fixing some of his natural ball instincts. I doubt it was about effort.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Danny Amendola, Kenny Stills, Larry Fitz, and Golden Tate are all still available and instant upgrades to Miller. Not sure we really need WR if we are going in the FA pool though

i find it hard to believe they won't be scouring the waiver wires when cut downs happen...what if Robinson or Mooney get hurt? We're seriously going to run more of this group out there?

and what did Ridley do to get on Nagy's shit list exactly

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i find it hard to believe they won't be scouring the waiver wires when cut downs happen...what if Robinson or Mooney get hurt? We're seriously going to run more of this group out there?

From what I remember he questioned a play design or route concept or something along those lines.

Could also be he just isn’t very good.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

What if Calvin Ridley gets hurt for the falcons devante Adams for the Packers etc etc

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
That #6 WR will need to be primarily a ST player, and I think Wims has the best shot of being that guy...
Wims makes the team on special teams unless some rookie can step in there. Maybe pending free agency will inspire bettrr play, but I'm not holding my breath.