The receiving battle is officially wide open...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have a good one and two and people are sleeping on the signing of goodwin. If he holds up he is likely to get most of the number 3 snaps. Might mix up who works best in the slot. I expect newsome to get some. And whims over Ridley unless something crazy happens

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Nagy's scheme is to get fast guys open in space, and to also use speed to open up the field. The size isn't an issue here and speed is all that matters.

If FIelds can lead people and be accurate these WR's will fit in just fine.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nagy's scheme is to get fast guys open in space, and to also use speed to open up the field. The size isn't an issue here and speed is all that matters.

Yeah, but historically all these new guys seem to have a hard time finding the end zone.

We need players other than ARob & Graham to score.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but historically all these new guys seem to have a hard time finding the end zone.

We need players other than ARob & Graham to score.
I think it will be more important for the new guys to use their speed and set up the offense for better field position.

There are plenty of guys who can score TDs. They need a QB who can accurately get them the ball.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Lmao what the actual fuck? How do you look at this list of skill players and think the top target will be anyone other than ARob???

that's an actual fuck response? calm down fats

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Wims is a blocking WR. He makes the team unless Ridley or Weah proves capable in that regard.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd really like Kmet to emerge as the #3 WR. Love Arob and Mooney, but Kmet needs to take a bit step up. And then Monty with Cohen/Williams. Our WR3 should really be our fifth target, so we should be fine with some fliers in Goodwin, Wims, Newsome, etc.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Will come down to their chemistry with Fields. Eventually Justin is going to have his favorite targets and it may not be Robinson
Exactly, I think a lot of it will come down to this. Also, the fact that Trubisky wasn't able to see the field and instead always go with his first read. Players will be able to show what they got and hopefully Fields will be able to make those plays when they're open. I actually still want to see Ridley playing more and hope that having Fields can make a difference.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'd really like Kmet to emerge as the #3 WR.

Kmet should get his chances. Fields looked for TE's lots at Ohio State

On a side note did you notice there are a ton of WHITE GUYS at the TE position??? Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Gronkowski, Zach Ertz, recently retired Greg Olsen and the Bears very own Kmet and Jimmy Graham. WOW!@

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Kmet should get his chances. Fields looked for TE's lots at Ohio State

On a side note did you notice there are a ton of WHITE GUYS at the TE position??? Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Gronkowski, Zach Ertz, recently retired Greg Olsen and the Bears very own Kmet and Jimmy Graham. WOW!@
Jimmy Graham isn't white. But don't forget guys who are or recently have been really good like T.J. Hockenson, Dallas Goedert, Hunter Henry, Mark Andrews, Austin Hooper and Jack Doyle.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham isn't white. But don't forget guys who are or recently have been really good like T.J. Hockenson, Dallas Goedert, Hunter Henry, Mark Andrews, Austin Hooper and Jack Doyle.
Must be a systemic racist issue at that position.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham isn't white.

Graham sounds like the last name of a white guy to me. Close enough

Like Dallas Goedert <another white tight end btw> is ranked top 5 TE going into this season and just by looking at his name you knew he was a whitey

Liked Posts:
i find it hard to believe they won't be scouring the waiver wires when cut downs happen...what if Robinson or Mooney get hurt? We're seriously going to run more of this group out there?

and what did Ridley do to get on Nagy's shit list exactly
I dont think the problem is Ridley at all. I think Matt Nagy is and has been the problem.

I just dont get what it is anyone thinks they see that says this guy is quality HC.

Hes been terrible with player development. Hes been terrible with play calling and terrible with keeping his players in check.

Nor does it help when he cries to the media about his QB like in 2019.

When guys like Wims and Miller are punching people it starts to show a pattern of disconnect.

I still think that this team won 12 games in spite of Matt Nagy in 2018.

I am hoping they have the talent to do the same this year. But its NOT going to happen with Nagy calling plays like a fkn idiot, & the media constantly pumping him up as this creative offensive guru for underperforming with a roster that even just a good coach would have been running the table with.

IMO Ridley is an ideal route running flanker who CAN actually play.

Instead of going with guys who can actually play, Nagy wastes time on guys who can hopefully play someday because they have standout size or speed.

Im going to be pissed when Ridley ends up playing well for a different franchise.

Didnt Montgomery end up top 10 in total yards from scrimmage, or something to that effect? He was the top pick in that class and Nagy couldnt figure out that he IS the real deal until he ABSOLUTELY had to down the stretch last season.

The coach IS the core problem. Ryan Paces only REAL mistake was hiring Matt Nagy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you think they're gonna switch Cohen over to a WR?

No I think Cohen will spend time in the slot and time at RB.

Mooney and Byrd/Godwin on the outside clearing out space. Kmet and ARob working in the space cleared in the middle.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Y’all gonna be pissed when Mr 3rd QTR shows up.. Matt Nagy wouldn’t know how to use Travis Kelce if he had him
No I think Cohen will spend time in the slot and time at RB.

Mooney and Byrd/Godwin on the outside clearing out space. Kmet and ARob working in the space cleared in the middle.