Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm a Saucony guy.

I ran for 9 years or so, and still do from time to time. While I was in the Army, we ran 8-15 miles a day, and I completed two marathons. No one shoe is perfect for everyone, not even by brand. Every shoe company makes a wide variety.

First you have to know your arch type and then your subconscious range of motion in your feet. You need to find the shoe that supports your foot correctly for impact on the in/out sole, and impact around the throat(top support area).

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a Saucony guy.

I ran for 9 years or so, and still do from time to time. While I was in the Army, we ran 8-15 miles a day, and I completed two marathons. No one shoe is perfect for everyone, not even by brand. Every shoe company makes a wide variety.

First you have to know your arch type and then your subconscious range of motion in your feet. You need to find the shoe that supports your foot correctly for impact on the in/out sole, and impact around the throat(top support area).

I'm pretty flat footed

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm pretty flat footed

Then definitely don't skip trying out a few Saucony's. I didn't start with flat feet, but I am flat footed now. That's when I switched to GridMC's, and have been in heaven since. MC is motion control, for flat feet. I was a New Balance/Asics guy before my arch's collapsed(not blaming the shoes, my arches got messed up in combat boots, not from running.)

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wore New Balance in HS when we trained long distance in practice. I found they wore down really fast, so I moved on to a pair of Nike's and they were extremely comfortable. Great heel support. Have a pair of Nike's right now (don't know the name), but they are very cushiony.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then definitely don't skip trying out a few Saucony's. I didn't start with flat feet, but I am flat footed now. That's when I switched to GridMC's, and have been in heaven since. MC is motion control, for flat feet. I was a New Balance/Asics guy before my arch's collapsed(not blaming the shoes, my arches got messed up in combat boots, not from running.)

More to try then I thought

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
More to try then I thought

I know. If you're like most people, you'll just narrow it down to looks, and pick from that pile anyways. But good luck nonetheless.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. If you're like most people, you'll just narrow it down to looks, and pick from that pile anyways. But good luck nonetheless.

Nahh.. That's how I found Asics initially.. kept trying them on till I found one that was good.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
buying shoes for more than 75 bucks is a serious waste imo

i learned that from getting near 100 buck shox..

for running shoes you probably want shoes with less weight that can breathe...

because it REALLY makes a difference in your running

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'll try those and more traditional ones.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

I disagree. Shoes are a lot like everything else. I got over 1000 miles from a pair of $130 NB

Liked Posts:
I disagree. Shoes are a lot like everything else. I got over 1000 miles from a pair of $130 NB

I retire my shoes at 500 miles but I've always wondered how you knew. Or is that just something from the shoe company industry making us buy shoes more often?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm not a fan of rating shoes by mileage. I am, however, a fan of buying two pairs of the same shoes, to alternate(once you found a pair that you love.) Hell, I have 7 pairs of Saucony Jazz, my all-time favorite do-everything shoe. They're like the Chuck Taylors of running shoes. I ever have 2 pairs in leather for when I'm in formal wear. I know, I know, the 80s called and want their style back. IDGAF

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
these are pretty good for running

M55060.jpg

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Your first idea is completely false.

2. LOL at you buying Shox. Those shoes blow for running anyways.

:obama:

Wrong.

Please quit giving advice on running shoes.

If you buy a lighter shoe it should be for races. Your training shoe should be more worried about stability/support/cushioning than anything else.

Stop talking now. Olympic runners with pristine form don't get near that much out of shoes. A couple Kenyans that we hosted in college could get 650 MAYBE 700 miles out of shoes but you getting over 1000 miles out of a pair of shoes is absurd.

If you plan on doing ANY sort of semi regular running as an amatuer you should be placing shoes somewhere between 250-500 miles max(depending on your weight/brand of shoe/running form/injurys and pain etc).

Milage isn't the greatest way to determine how long a shoe is lasting but if you are truly "running" the midsole is your key. Once that foam starts to break down and look "cracked"/"weathered" time for a new shoe. Feeling more sore after runs than usual? Time for new shoes. Personally I never put more than 350 miles on a pair of shoes. Usually they end up breaking down before that anyways so it's not an issue.

------------------------------

CNM: You bought two pairs of shoes. Find one you like and stick with it. Don't alternate the shoes when running/training. No good will come of it generally.

Also, check out Runners World's website.

Last edited: