The Safest Head Coaching Candidate

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do not have that illusion. When he was given control he did everything he could to alienate his players and his coaches and anyone else. And in the end he left the Broncos with a mess. And Tim Tebow.

And what about what he did to the Colts? Again, how can you trust him? The surest predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Just assuming he's changed because he's lived under Belichick's shadow is baseless.

If the Bears end up hiring him I will do my best to root for him but I have zero belief that he will be anything but an epic failure.
Trust him with what? What are you so concerned about because of the Colts?

And yeah he fucked up Denver. That was what? A decade ago? Move on. People learn. He’s the best offensive mind available and that’s what we need.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think you have this illusion that NFL coaches need to be good people or something.
And again…. This was years ago. Players certainly like him now
When he's not the head honcho. I'm 200% out on mcdaniels. When a guy is that big of a d-bag, that usually doesn't change.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

And yeah he fucked up Denver. That was what? A decade ago? Move on. People learn. He’s the best offensive mind available and that’s what we need.
Colts gave him the job and had a press conference ready. I believe they even had his staff lined up, and he bailed last minute. That was only a few years ago. Dude isn't fit to be in charge imo. One of those guys where the power really goes to his head.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Colts gave him the job and had a press conference ready. I believe they even had his staff lined up, and he bailed last minute. That was only a few years ago. Dude isn't fit to be in charge imo. One of those guys where the power really goes to his head.
And who’s the idiot that called a press conference for a guy not under contract? Ballard had a Bears moment there.

as a guy who does contracts for a living I can’t stress enough the deal isn’t done until everyone has signed. 101 level shit there.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And who’s the idiot that called a press conference for a guy not under contract? Ballard had a Bears moment there.

as a guy who does contracts for a living I can’t stress enough the deal isn’t done until everyone has signed. 101 level shit there.
The dude had a verbal agreement to the point that staff were signing on. Sure, he didn't officially sign, but that move still proves he's a grade A douche and not a leader.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The dude had a verbal agreement to the point that staff were signing on. Sure, he didn't officially sign, but that move still proves he's a grade A douche and not a leader.
A “verbal agreement” isn’t an agreement. Anyone who does any type of business knows this. Ballard screwed up big time. They hadn’t worked out all the details and the moron calls a press conference. He spent too much time working at Halas Hall apparently.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A “verbal agreement” isn’t an agreement. Anyone who does any type of business knows this. Ballard screwed up big time. They hadn’t worked out all the details and the moron calls a press conference. He spent too much time working at Halas Hall apparently.
They already worked together to hire assistant coaches that he recruited. It was not Ballard counting chickens. It was McDaniels breaking the eggs. This isn't corporate espionage. It's football where perceived character, leadership and verbal agreements mean something. Even milk toast nfl.com didn't have kind words.

If he gets hired, I'll keep my fingers crossed and evaluate the actual job but for as great of a Coordinator he is under a strong HC, and he is, he has shown poor leadership, character and decision making in 2 previous HC opportunities.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They already worked together to hire assistant coaches that he recruited. It was not Ballard counting chickens. It was McDaniels breaking the eggs.

I fully know the story. And having them sign a contract before he was signed was just as bad. I know everyone is on Ballards nuts these days but he screwed that up big time. Again, business 101…. It’s not a deal until it’s signed. (And if you have a good attorney even then it may not be a deal.) No one should have signed anything or had any press conferences until JM was signed officially.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I fully know the story. And having them sign a contract before he was signed was just as bad. I know everyone is on Ballards nuts these days but he screwed that up big time. Again, business 101…. It’s not a deal until it’s signed. (And if you have a good attorney even then it may not be a deal.) No one should have signed anything or had any press conferences until JM was signed officially.
Or maybe not burn bridges when you’ve already agreed to work for someone?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's frustrating being a Bears fan some days. It's like you guys completely forget this is an offensive oriented league.
I haven’t forgot,Mr sheep. That’s why I’m in on Byron leftwich, join me

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He also a piece of shit, a bad talent evaluator, a poor leader and a liar
I’ve already said I’m out if he wants GM powers. That’s a non starter because I agree with the talent evaluation part. I don’t care if he’s a piece of shit or a liar. His teams score points. And the only thing I want him to lead is the scoreboard. If you wanted the nice guy you should have stuck with Nagy.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve already said I’m out if he wants GM powers. That’s a non starter because I agree with the talent evaluation part. I don’t care if he’s a piece of shit or a liar. His teams score points. And the only thing I want him to lead is the scoreboard. If you wanted the nice guy you should have stuck with Nagy.
You eventually have to be a leader in a nfl locker room with players, coaches and personnel. Being a HC isn’t just about offense. Hell by your definition you loved you some Trestman

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven’t forgot,Mr sheep. That’s why I’m in on Byron leftwich, join me
My list:

McDaniels #1
Daboll and Leftwich are #2A and 2B.

I think Leftwich is going home to Jacksonville though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You eventually have to be a leader in a nfl locker room with players, coaches and personnel. Being a HC isn’t just about offense. Hell by your definition you loved you some Trestman
He seems to be doing just fine in NE. I’m willing to give him another chance. None of these moves are without risk.

I mean Leftwich has never led a team. Maybe he bombs as a head coach too? None of us really know.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He seems to be doing just fine in NE. I’m willing to give him another chance. None of these moves are without risk.

I mean Leftwich has never led a team. Maybe he bombs as a head coach too? None of us really know.
Correct we don’t know about Leftwich but with McDaniels as my friend says “Brother, there is data on you”

We would be McDaniels third chance as a HC, I’m good on that

TL1961

Liked Posts:

No we don’t need the best offensive mind as head coach. We need the best CEO as head coach. Mike Tomlin is not the best offensive mind nor is John Harbaugh.

Neither had an offensive coordinator background. they were from special-teams but both are respected levelheaded managers.

Both oversee the people calling the plays and have their heads firmly out of their ass unlike Josh McDaniels.

We absolutely do not need a total fucking douche bag because he can draw up a play here and there. We need a guy with a good offensive philosophy who hires a good offensive of coordinator but someone that people within the organization can actually respect and I don’t believeJosh McDaniels fits that description.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
(after the SB)
McDaniels began exit interviews with the Pats on Monday but seemed focused on his new beginning Tuesday morning when Ballard checked in with his coach-in-waiting. The two talked on the phone, making sure everything was on track for McDaniels' arrival in Indianapolis. They went over the agenda for a planned Wednesday news conference and the plane the Colts were sending to pick up McDaniels. McDaniels told Ballard he had his suit picked out and was ready to go.

Around 11 a.m. ET, after Ballard’s call with McDaniels, the Colts tweeted the news that he would be their new coach, with a news conference set for 3:30 p.m. ET Wednesday.

And it's not about the announcement or Daniels staying in NE. Ballard couldn't sign him sooner because he was still coaching his old team in the SB. The situation prevented Ballard from continuing his HC search until all his perceived best options were gone. He's extremely lucky Reich worked out. That verbal is done all the time and everyone in the league knew it was happening and then it didn't.

Nobody cares that the Colts announced anything and I don't really understand why this is constantly being brought up as the issue. It's not. It didn't change one thing regarding the hire for the Colts. It's McDaniels going back on his word and derailing the Colts HC search efforts that changed things. It has to do with leadership, character and showing that you're no longer as big of a problem as you are a solution which is what he was in Denver. That one had a great start as well with him immediately lying to Cutler.

Like I said, I give him a chance if he's hired but it seems odd that he would even interview considering the circumstances of him staying in NE the last time. Belichick will be 70 by camp and likely to retire before that if he wins a SB without Brady.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No we don’t need the best offensive mind as head coach. We need the best CEO as head coach. Mike Tomlin is not the best offensive mind nor is John Harbaugh.

Neither had an offensive coordinator background. they were from special-teams but both are respected levelheaded managers.

Both oversee the people calling the plays and have their heads firmly out of their ass unlike Josh McDaniels.

We absolutely do not need a total fucking douche bag because he can draw up a play here and there. We need a guy with a good offensive philosophy who hires a good offensive of coordinator but someone that people within the organization can actually respect and I don’t believeJosh McDaniels fits that description.
Doesn't mean shit unless you have a QB. Apparently Bears fans will never learn this lesson.

You need a guy to develop and scheme around Fields. If you don't get that fixed nothing else will matter. You can't CEO your way out of shit play at the QB position.

Let's see what happens to Tomlin now that he won't have a HOF QB for his entire career.

(I do love Tomlin... it just does need to be pointed out he's had HOF QB play his whole career)