Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fully know the story. And having them sign a contract before he was signed was just as bad. I know everyone is on Ballards nuts these days but he screwed that up big time. Again, business 101…. It’s not a deal until it’s signed. (And if you have a good attorney even then it may not be a deal.) No one should have signed anything or had any press conferences until JM was signed officially.
You can like McDaniels but the idea that Ballard did anything wrong here is bullshit and also no excuse for McDaniels. The announcement was actually held off until after the SB. Coaches were hired so it wasn't a secret. That part is just no BFD.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can like McDaniels but the idea that Ballard did anything wrong here is bullshit and also no excuse for McDaniels. The announcement was actually held off until after the SB. Coaches were hired so it wasn't a secret. That part is just no BFD.

No it's not an excuse. I personally would never do what JM did. I do think it's a shitty thing. I'm just not going to throw him out as a candidate though because of it. But Ballard did fuck up. If you want to say the bigger fuck up was JM then that's fine.... who cares really. But Ballard did clown car the whole thing too.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Doesn't mean shit unless you have a QB. Apparently Bears fans will never learn this lesson.

You need a guy to develop and scheme around Fields. If you don't get that fixed nothing else will matter. You can't CEO your way out of shit play at the QB position.

Let's see what happens to Tomlin now that he won't have a HOF QB for his entire career.

(I do love Tomlin... it just does need to be pointed out he's had HOF QB play his whole career)
Meh. Ben hasn’t played well since he died in 2019 tbh. Speaking of 2019, the Steelers finished with a 8-8 record despite having Ben be out and Bell leaving. If Tonkin was fired after the playoffs I’d give up both my balls for him

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I was totally a fan of Nagy's, I have no problem admitting, but I definitely didn't think Patricia was going to be a good head coach.

Even though I am a fan of Flores, betting on Belichick's coaches to fail as head coaches is easy money.
I was a fan of Nagy too. He seemed consistent and softer spoken in a positive way. It has to be extremely hard to find a coach who is a great bet to have a winning record after 4 years. We can't have the Nagy issues again, where his on the spot decisions are so poor. I am not a great field situational decision maker, but even I instantly knew that 'at least 2 of those 4 & 1 yard calls were not in the best interest of scoring points. All along Nagy's time I saw that, after half time, the other coach adjusted and my feeling is that we didn't, but maybe we did and it didn't work. I saw it at the beginning with his very first game against the Packers. Players lacked discipline because there was no penalties. He was a players coach, perhaps? It just must be next to impossible to find a coach who is going to win 65-70% of his games. Nagy looked like the right guy back then, but her sure was not. Tough to predict who will win the games.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh. Ben hasn’t played well since he died in 2019 tbh. Speaking of 2019, the Steelers finished with a 8-8 record despite having Ben be out and Bell leaving. If Tonkin was fired after the playoffs I’d give up both my balls for him
Again, I love Tomlin..... future HOF coach first ballot. But let's not act like Ben wasn't a HUGE part of that .500 streak.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No it's not an excuse. I personally would never do what JM did. I do think it's a shitty thing. I'm just not going to throw him out as a candidate though because of it. But Ballard did fuck up. If you want to say the bigger fuck up was JM then that's fine.... who cares really. But Ballard did clown car the whole thing too.
Nope and it didn't matter one lick.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again, I love Tomlin..... future HOF coach first ballot. But let's not act like Ben wasn't a HUGE part of that .500 streak.
Of course he was but think of what Tomlin had to manage in Pittsburgh. AB, Rothisberger and Bell for years! McDaniels would have just traded everyone at any hint of dissatisfaction

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
If possible, I would steal Hackett from GB.
He obviously knows offense, and getting him would diminish the Packers

Double win!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not have that illusion. When he was given control he did everything he could to alienate his players and his coaches and anyone else. And in the end he left the Broncos with a mess. And Tim Tebow.

And what about what he did to the Colts? Again, how can you trust him? The surest predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Just assuming he's changed because he's lived under Belichick's shadow is baseless.

If the Bears end up hiring him I will do my best to root for him but I have zero belief that he will be anything but an epic failure.
he's not getting an interview from anyone so far. So I think we don't have to worry about him becoming the Bears HC. Maybe the Texans, but I think Flores is going to the Texans

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I haven’t forgot,Mr sheep. That’s why I’m in on Byron leftwich, join me

I'd be okay with Leftwich, but I prefer Kellen Moore. I was fine with Flores until the stories coming out about him and Tua. Now I'm not so sure.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd be okay with Leftwich, but I prefer Kellen Moore. I was fine with Flores until the stories coming out about him and Tua. Now I'm not so sure.
Kellen Moore screams Nagy to me

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
I am constantly asking people two questions.

Who told you that?

How the fuck do they know?

And people do not have great answers.
That applies to so much of society right now, not just sports.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Kellen Moore screams Nagy to me
Not me. Moore has actually run his offense. He was so good that Jerry forced McCarthy to keep him on staff after being hired. If anything, leftwich would be closer to Nagy due to running Arians offense, but I don't think that's the case with him either.

The concerning thing about Moore is easily lack of experience, so I can get the Nagy comparison there. I still think Moore has more actual experience than Nagy did. I'd also like to take a look at bienemy, but again, that's Reid's offense.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Again, the question isn't wether or not he's a good OC. Being a Head Coach and being a offensive coordinator are totally different jobs. And he failed miserably as a head coach. I also can't believe people can trust him ever again after what he did to the Colts. That's as fucked up as it gets.

Belichick was an infinitely better head coach with the Browns. Shanahan, I guess, but he was dealing with a cluster fuck of an organization and Al Davis' meddling. But I could name 50 coaches who failed and didn't turn into great head coaches. Just because two coaches in NFL history followed that path doesn't mean McDaniels will follow suit.

But I guess some Bears fans are intent on proving it can get a lot worse than Matt Nagy.
Help - what did Al Davis do meddling with Shanahan? I don't recall anything about that.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Colts gave him the job and had a press conference ready. I believe they even had his staff lined up, and he bailed last minute. That was only a few years ago. Dude isn't fit to be in charge imo. One of those guys where the power really goes to his head.
He or the Colts with his blessing actually hired some assistant coaches some or at least 1 is still there because the Colts felt they had to honor that commitment, I maybe mistaken but I think the current DC, Eberflus was one of those, pretty bad situation in my mind, can't think of anything much worse unless you rape the owners daughter.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d say 85% of CCS liked the Nagy hire and the ppl who didn’t had no reason other then they wanted to be edgy and different. He checked a lot of good boxes. Ppl who say they didn’t like the hire now are just lying more than likely.
Nah I just really wanted leftwich