The Same old Bears or so it would seem?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I wasn't trying to turn this into a Cutlerfuck thread...yea, he had a bad game, but we got outplayed in almost every category imo.

Oh yeah we got outplayed bust mostly in the first half, if Cutler hadn't made the mistakes he did the Lions might not have had 3 TD drives like they did. Either way the defense showed up in the second half at least.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not the same old bears. This year, the problem is going to be the D.

Its bad enough that imo, the bears have almost no chance even though they will probably make the post season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That did not make me feel better.

We, as a team, got the shit kicked out of us Sunday. The 2nd half of us making the score look closer than it actually was isn't something to hang our hats on either, imo.

We got outplayed in all 3 phases of the game, and probably outcoached(if you wanna go there, too).

These games do happen to good teams, so I'm not freaking over it. Detroit is a talented team(maybe more than us) and put together a good game at home, that's what their supposed to do. We will hold serve on our turf, so fuck them.

This and if Cutler was on instead of off, he may have been able to pull it off. As bad as he played, there was probably a reason and another QB may not have been able to help us win on a good day.

Festivus

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last game was far from the same old Bears!

1)Offense came back in the second half and made a game of it.
2)Defense is not as good as last year
3)Special teams is not as good as last year.
4)Offensive line in the last game played better than last year's OL

I think that's what his post said...

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
Then why the fuck did you say you aren't over it yet? You can't figure out your own fucking statement. The way it was put together you said good teams have bad games so you aren't freaking over it. The two shouldn't go together you fucking shit stain.

I'm fairly sure by "freaking over it" he meant "freaking out", calm the fuck down.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, I wasn't trying to turn this into a Cutlerfuck thread...yea, he had a bad game, but we got outplayed in almost every category imo.

Wut?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We, as a team, got the shit kicked out of us Sunday. The 2nd half of us making the score look closer than it actually was isn't something to hang our hats on either, imo.

We got outplayed in all 3 phases of the game, and probably outcoached(if you wanna go there, too).

These games do happen to good teams, so I'm not freaking over it. Detroit is a talented team(maybe more than us) and put together a good game at home, that's what their supposed to do. We will hold serve on our turf, so fuck them.

well said

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Lions have always been a talented team, just piss poor coached. I feel if we would have been up and Bush wasn't rapping us we would of won

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to the Cutler show and the Long show, both said that the Lions weren't chirping and were focused and just playing the game. Cutler said this was different from the past. Seems like the players may be getting their shit together in spite of the coach.

bubbashucker

Liked Posts:
I guess the way I look at it: "Is this loss sustainable?"

What I mean by that is it felt much like a Bears win, but on the other side of the fence.

Detroit had a punt return (not for TD, but set up very short field). Detroit had an INT return (not quite TD, but close enough). Detroit had fumble return for TD. Detroit had long TD run on broken play/tackle.

What you have to ask yourself is "Can these things happen on a consistent basis against the Bears?" If your answer is "Yes", then The Bears are in trouble. I do not think all of these things happening in one game can happen on a regular basis.

I tend to think that these type of games happen. The Bears are normally on the winning side of these. hell, just look at last year. As soon as all the "breaks" stopped happening (like INT returns or kick returns) the Bears started losing.

I think a game like this, fairly early in the year might be a good thing. It will make the Bears realize that there are certain things they cannot do and need to tighten it up a bit.

IMO, this is any but the "same old Bears".

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Lions have always been a talented team, just piss poor coached. I feel if we would have been up and Bush wasn't rapping us we would of won

The defense was bad against Bush but if you think his runs were a bigger part of the loss than Cutler's four turnovers (including giving them a td, the ball at the 2 and a couple more short fields), then I don't even know what to tell you.

When your QB turns the ball over more than once, it's bad. When he does it 3 out more times, it's very very bad. He's done that in half of our games do far this season. It has to stop.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This bugs me the most, how the hell can you get out-coached by Schwartz.

Nick80

See, I don't know if that is totally true, perhaps more finding things in the game to build on, you need to take positives while also dealing with the negatives.

I don't see the OP overlooking what actually happened at the weekend, maybe just pointing out a progression.

I guess it's peoples perspectives on this and I'm just not as down as others.

Just to add, I want improvement from this game in the next. I want to see improvement on all three phases and for the team to build on the good things from not only last game but the three previous to that too.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time I checked it happend to our beloved Bears in 85.....we got our asses handed to us against maimi....maybe you do not consider that team a good team

Even mentioning this team with the 85 beloved is? JUST :gtfo:

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
See, I don't know if that is totally true, perhaps more finding things in the game to build on, you need to take positives while also dealing with the negatives.

I don't see the OP overlooking what actually happened at the weekend, maybe just pointing out a progression.

Just to add, I want improvement from this game in the next. I want to see improvement on all three phases and for the team to build on the good things from not only last game but the three previous to that too.
I agree about working through things during a game that is already out of reach, I commend the players for that. I wasn't trying to take a crap on the OP at all by disagreeing.

I just saw the game as our O playing against prevent D for half the game, and our D playing against an offense in cruise control during the 2nd half.

Personally, I just can't find much value in either.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nick80;1035589[B said:
]See, I don't know if that is totally true, perhaps more finding things in the game to build on, you need to take positives while also dealing with the negatives.[/B]

This more so for fans than the team itself. The team will be better off dealing with the fact that they played like shit, then go out and correct it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The defense was bad against Bush but if you think his runs were a bigger part of the loss than Cutler's four turnovers (including giving them a td, the ball at the 2 and a couple more short fields), then I don't even know what to tell you.

When your QB turns the ball over more than once, it's bad. When he does it 3 out more times, it's very very bad. He's done that in half of our games do far this season. It has to stop.

You got me Mick :rollseyes: I see you are on your Cutler period today