The Same old Bears or so it would seem?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We'll call it the same old Bears if we do the same shit next week.

Nick80

This more so for fans than the team itself. The team will be better off dealing with the fact that they played like shit, then go out and correct it.

You mean in a team sport they don't highlight the positive and the negative in the film rooms? Shit, no wonder this place is like it is after a loss.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
You got me Mick :rollseyes: I see you are on your Cutler period today

I disagree, Cutler made some bad throws that cost us by putting a tired defense back out on the field with no rest, against a determined Lions offense that was out for blood. Cutler isn't the only reason we lost but he didn't help. Mick and I are not saying get rid of Cutler we are simply stating that he needs to play better for us to ever have a shot at winning games.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I disagree, Cutler made some bad throws that cost us by putting a tired defense back out on the field with no rest, against a determined Lions offense that was out for blood. Cutler isn't the only reason we lost but he didn't help. Mick and I are not saying get rid of Cutler we are simply stating that he needs to play better for us to ever have a shot at winning games.

All I did was mention the defense as I'm well aware of what Cutler did. My point is while Cutler was a big problem THIS GAME the defense has been the biggest problem out the gate. They got ran over Green-Elles and the Bengals rookie, the Vikings were held in check but Ponder is benched now, Rothisburger came back on us and Bush just killed us. I was talking defense you and Mick brought up Cutler

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I did was mention the defense as I'm well aware of what Cutler did. My point is while Cutler was a big problem THIS GAME the defense has been the biggest problem out the gate. They got ran over Green-Elles and the Bengals rookie, the Vikings were held in check but Ponder is benched now, Rothisburger came back on us and Bush just killed us. I was talking defense you and Mick brought up Cutler

Mick and I are well aware the defense has been a problem but in this game in particular which is the game we are talking about Cutler had a bad day and that in turn didn't help the already struggling defense.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Discussions work better when you try to limit your disagreement to things people actually said.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mick and I are well aware the defense has been a problem but in this game in particular which is the game we are talking about Cutler had a bad day and that in turn didn't help the already struggling defense.

Discussions work better when you try to limit your disagreement to things people actually said.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Look since you seem to be Mick's spokeperson go read the top of page two. Cago said the Lions are a talented team and beat us in all three phases. Botfly agreed and so did I but I noticed the Lions weren't making their usual mistakes and Bush killed us, Botfly added on. Then Mick came out of nowhere with cutler. Now here we are

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look since you seem to be Mick's spokeperson go read the top of page two. Cago said the Lions are a talented team and beat us in all three phases. Botfly agreed and so did I but I noticed the Lions weren't making their usual mistakes and Bush killed us, Botfly added on. Then Mick came out of nowhere with cutler. Now here we are

But I being the OP brought up the Cutler factor in the OP so really I think Mick was simply reiterating it to make sure he wasn't forgotten.

Montreal_Fan

Liked Posts:
Quick thoughts on last game. I'm a huge Trestman believer (not surprising since I'm from Montreal). But I believe he was outcoach in the game against the Lions. Since the beginning of the year, I found that the D was average against the run, but weak against the pass (I don't have the stat, just an observation from the games played). And I believe the Bears coaching staff put a lot of effort to prepare the defense for the passing game of the Lions. That's all we could hear in the news... would Tillman be ready against Megatron? And the coaching staff was fooled, plain and simple. And to be honest, Stafford or Johnson didn't have great games, there weren't the reason why the Lions won. But what I really like about Trestman is that he won't repeat the same mistake twice. Schwartz was able to fool him once, he won't be fooled a second time. By the way, as soon as they made the adjustments in the halftime, the Lions offense went nowhere. Count me as a non-worried fan. I believe the Bears could be 5-2 going to the bye, and that will be very good!

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
I think there is a little something to be said for the second half.

As a counter example, I present the 2012 game of Bears 51, Tennessee 20. Both games have the same thing in common. The losing team went down early through a very odd sequence of events that doesn't happen often in the NFL. In Tennessee's case, they never recovered, and the rout was on. The Bears at least had a chance to try an onside kick in the final moments. The Bears could have been like Tennessee, folded, and lost that game 50-something to 20-something too, so I think it says a bit that we did not.

No matter what issues the Bears have, we're not likely going to see 27 points given up in a quarter most of the time, if ever again this season. Just a weird, weird series of plays.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Quick thoughts on last game. I'm a huge Trestman believer (not surprising since I'm from Montreal). But I believe he was outcoach in the game against the Lions. Since the beginning of the year, I found that the D was average against the run, but weak against the pass (I don't have the stat, just an observation from the games played). And I believe the Bears coaching staff put a lot of effort to prepare the defense for the passing game of the Lions. That's all we could hear in the news... would Tillman be ready against Megatron? And the coaching staff was fooled, plain and simple. And to be honest, Stafford or Johnson didn't have great games, there weren't the reason why the Lions won. But what I really like about Trestman is that he won't repeat the same mistake twice. Schwartz was able to fool him once, he won't be fooled a second time. By the way, as soon as they made the adjustments in the halftime, the Lions offense went nowhere. Count me as a non-worried fan. I believe the Bears could be 5-2 going to the bye, and that will be very good!

I agree with the review. I think Mel's tweak on defense is what is ruining our defense. Gotta give lovie his credit now that he is gone. End of the day we can score and that feels great to say. No more winning or losing 13-10 . With that said I think we go 5-2 into the bye.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick start, fighting for second by week 12, and missing the playoffs once again. The circle of chicago's life is complete.

I work with a GB fan and that's what he said last week after I came in and said 3-0.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The defense was bad against Bush but if you think his runs were a bigger part of the loss than Cutler's four turnovers (including giving them a td, the ball at the 2 and a couple more short fields), then I don't even know what to tell you.

When your QB turns the ball over more than once, it's bad. When he does it 3 out more times, it's very very bad. He's done that in half of our games do far this season. It has to stop.

Quit exaggerating. Cutler turned the ball over once against CIN, and it wasn't bad. Certainty no more so than any other QB on any other team anyway.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Not the same old BEARS. For so long it's been all D, very good ST's, and little-to-no O. I believe the offense is going to keep getting better, and will be formidable. Cutler can't shit the bed very often, because you can only overcome him having games like that if you're playing a crap team. I think our ST's took a step backward. Toub must've been the real deal. The D is what's got me scared as hell. Yeah, they always used turnovers to mask shortcomings. But they got more pressure on the QB in years past. And they made teams move down the field in small chunks. Now they're giving up big plays left and right. Reggie Bush has always been dangerous in space. But killing you between the tackles? 10 yards a clip? No fucking way.

I hope they can figure some things out on D and tighten up. It can be done. The 2007 (SB champion) NYG gave up 80 points in their first two games, both losses. Then they buckled down and the team won 6 straight. They'd still give up some big points here or there, but they were able to do what needed doing when they needed to. Like most SB teams of late, they got hot at the end of the season and rode it the rest of the way.

There've been more big trades this year than any in recent memory. Is there any DL help out there that won't cost a fortune?

Anyway, I'm hoping we can find a way to get to the playoffs. Then we'll see what happens.