The Same old Bears or so it would seem?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people watched the last game and thought "Wow, the same old Bears! Throw them some real competition and they fall apart." I understand that point of view because I myself felt that way for the entire second quarter all the way until the fourth. However I also saw some things that have maybe gone unnoticed and might just shed a sparkle of light onto an otherwise ugly loss.

The Bears defense in the first half couldn't stop the Lions, we gave up tons of yards to yield 3 field goals on the first 3 drives and then 3 touchdowns on the 3 drives afterwards. Yes the offense gave them great field position and the defense was most definitely winded but for a team to be successful it needs to get three and outs and win on those third down plays.

The Defense in the second half played with some fortitude, had some fight and held the Lions to 3 points on offense the entire second half. Had things been a bit different and this D shown up in the first half the game might look different and this is the defense we need to have moving forward.

The Offense. Between pressure, dropped balls, sacks, INTs, and fumbles it has to play better, Cutler himself took blame for two of his three INT's and we all know he held on to the ball too long when he was sacked and stripped while the Lions D took it in for six. We need better play out of our QB going forward, he knows that, Trestman knows that and I believe it will be corrected. Dropped balls can't happen thats a given and the offense left a lot of them on the field and that is also something that can be corrected.

Whether you chalk up the touchdowns at the end of the game to garbage time or not, they where good to see. Lovie would have had our O running conservative in the past and we would have put up no more points at the end of the game.

At the end of the day I see correctable mistakes when in the past I saw a team that never showed spark on offense. I see a defense that is struggling but that seems to find its way whether it be for the first half or the second, but when the D can manage to play a whole game I say watch out whoever the opponent happens to be.

Going forward, the offense needs to play better and not turn the ball over this is obvious but at the same time the defense needs to play like they played in the second half. The game was a tough loss but in the end they only lost 40-32 the Lions beat them in every phase of the game but in every way that they where beaten they can turn it around and do the same to the Lions when they face them here at home.

Last edited:

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least were not Ram fans. I saw something in the Thursday night game between the 49ers and the Rams that would piss me off to no end. Rams have the ball and are losing 35-11 with 1:45 left in the game. The game is pretty much over but this is a divisional game plus a conference game as well so points do matter unless your mailing in the season in week 4. The Rams took a knee 3 straight plays to end the game. This is what impressed me the most with the Bears this weekend, they could have said fuck it after the Fairley TD put them down by 3 scores. Yeah it was probably garbage time but both the offense and defense appeared to be playing their hearts out.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least were not Ram fans. I saw something in the Thursday night game between the 49ers and the Rams that would piss me off to no end. Rams have the ball and are losing 35-11 with 1:45 left in the game. The game is pretty much over but this is a divisional game plus a conference game as well so points do matter unless your mailing in the season in week 4. The Rams took a knee 3 straight plays to end the game. This is what impressed me the most with the Bears this weekend, they could have said fuck it after the Fairley TD put them down by 3 scores. Yeah it was probably garbage time but both the offense and defense appeared to be playing their hearts out.

Agree completely.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
That did not make me feel better.

We, as a team, got the shit kicked out of us Sunday. The 2nd half of us making the score look closer than it actually was isn't something to hang our hats on either, imo.

We got outplayed in all 3 phases of the game, and probably outcoached(if you wanna go there, too).

These games do happen to good teams, so I'm not freaking over it. Detroit is a talented team(maybe more than us) and put together a good game at home, that's what their supposed to do. We will hold serve on our turf, so fuck them.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:

We, as a team, got the shit kicked out of us Sunday. The 2nd half of us making the score look closer than it actually was isn't something to hang our hats on either, imo.

We got outplayed in all 3 phases of the game, and probably outcoached(if you wanna go there, too).

These games do happen to good teams, so I'm not freaking over it. Detroit is a talented team(maybe more than us) and put together a good game at home, that's what their supposed to do. We will hold serve on our turf, so fuck them.

I would rephrase that "We as a team and mostly Cutler kicked the shit out of ourselves."

upthemiddle

Liked Posts:
I know people are saying "oh yeah those were garbage time points that didn't matter". Well that might be true. But when was the last time the bears scored in garbage time to make it close? Not too often. Usually they lay down.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

They don't happen to good teams? Then I guess the Falcons aren't a good team since the Pats pretty much dominated them in the Falcons own building? Or the Packers aren't a good team because they gave up a 25 point lead or whatever the hell it was to the same Bengals team we beat? Climb off the ledge man, jesus.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Last game was far from the same old Bears!

1)Offense came back in the second half and made a game of it.
2)Defense is not as good as last year
3)Special teams is not as good as last year.
4)Offensive line in the last game played better than last year's OL

tricky5544

Liked Posts:

Last time I checked it happend to our beloved Bears in 85.....we got our asses handed to us against maimi....maybe you do not consider that team a good team

tricky5544

Liked Posts:

I agree with you on all your points. With that said I do not think the D is so much worse as some people are saying.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't happen to good teams? Then I guess the Falcons aren't a good team since the Pats pretty much dominated them in the Falcons own building? Or the Packers aren't a good team because they gave up a 25 point lead or whatever the hell it was to the same Bengals team we beat? Climb off the ledge man, jesus.

Last time I checked it happend to our beloved Bears in 85.....we got our asses handed to us against maimi....maybe you do not consider that team a good team
Maybe you two idiots should learn to read.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Maybe you two idiots should learn to read.

So you said they do happen to good teams "so you're not freaking over it"? How the flying fuck does that make sense? If those games DO happen to good teams then you should be over it. Either that, or you left out a word and are now trying to appear as if you didn't.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you said they do happen to good teams "so you're not freaking over it"? How the flying fuck does that make sense? If those games DO happen to good teams then you should be over it. Either that, or you left out a word and are now trying to appear as if you didn't.
Good teams have shit games sometimes.

Were you born this way? Or did you have to work at it? Wtf.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:

You read my post right? I mean I argued against the fact that they are the same old Bears.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Good teams have shit games sometimes.

Were you born this way? Or did you have to work at it? Wtf.

Then why the fuck did you say you aren't over it yet? You can't figure out your own fucking statement. The way it was put together you said good teams have bad games so you aren't freaking over it. The two shouldn't go together you fucking shit stain.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Special Teams sucks this year. Totally inconsistent, stupid penalties and absolutely no swag. It's not just gravity either, it's coaching, Podlesh and Hester. Time to see if we can trade Hester, he dumb.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I ain't even worried. We'll beat the Saints

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:

would you feel the same way if Cutler broke his wrist or something like that during garbage time?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would rephrase that "We as a team and mostly Cutler kicked the shit out of ourselves."
Well, I wasn't trying to turn this into a Cutlerfuck thread...yea, he had a bad game, but we got outplayed in almost every category imo.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
would you feel the same way if Cutler broke his wrist or something like that during garbage time?

Because pulling your starting QB out at the end of the game when you are losing is what all elite teams do....